• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Facilities Discussion

Guest Sunburned

Only team that does anything on campus? What does that even mean? Would playing in an all-purpose stadium that much of an insult, or is people questioning why valuable space couldn't have been used on our most visible, valuable athletic product that radical?

Clever,

1.  Which Big East football teams share their stadiums with the schools soccer teams?

2.  Which Florida NCAA football programs share their stadiums with the school soccer teams?

3.  Which FBS football teams share their stadiums with the soccer teams?

4.  How many BCS football programs share their stadium with their soccer teams?

5.  How would a 50K seat or larger football stadium fit on the "valuable space" occupied by the new soccer stadium?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Wow!!!!

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

I am not an engineer of landscape designer, my response was for the person so upset at another poster for 'belittling' soccer when they weren't. They said soccer is one of the few teams that does something on campus, which is completely false. I'm not going to look up answers to those questions because that really doesn't matter at all. If you read my post it wasn't directed at you, it was for someone who was thoroughly upset about something that isn't that crazy.

I'm happy they are getting their new stadium. I hope kids go watch the matches. I know I enjoyed watching them with my wife when we went to USF. I think everyone is allowed to be honest about which sport truly matters though. Soccer is fun to watch but you won't read much about about college matches on ESPN.

• Content Count:  809

In response to my comment about the NFL giving the Glazers an ultimatum to renovate RJS....

They won't make it more "neutral" as long as the stadium is part of the selling price of the Buccaneers. The bucs value of $1.09billion is because RJS is tied into the package price.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Any1 have new pics of soccer stadium?

• Content Count:  4,642

out new soccer stadium is perfect for those guys.  you don't want a 60k seat stadium for soccer unless you're in europe lol

• Content Count:  771

216995_10150165530409600_49104229599_6618428_5872239_n.jpg

Not sure if this was posted on the other thread. Courtesy of USF Athletics on April 18th.

Don't you think an OCS football stadium would look great in this aerial shot >:D

• Content Count:  21,306
  • Days Won:  10

Sure would.  However, would be a mistake unless we do it first class.  Don't want another UCF joke.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

OCS would be great.  What a difference from when I graduated in '98.  We didn't even have Greek housing on campus.  The first parking garage was just built; how many do we have now?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We didn't even have Greek housing on campus.

That's right!!!  I forgot that the frats got kicked off of campus.

Archived