• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Angelo Hadley (Greg's Twitter)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wonder why this signing hasn't been reported anywhere else but Greg's twitter?  Hope the troubled past is behind him.  Skip must see something in him although on the surface he doesn't seem like he fits with Skip's current type of recruit.  In Skip I trust!

It's been reported on Rivals and ESPN as well.

Looks like Greg was a little premature

Hadley intends to sign with USF

Posted By Adam Adkins at Dec 16, 2010 at 01:41 PM

Updated Dec 16, 2010 at 01:57 PM

Former Armwood High football standout Angelo Hadley, one of the area’s most sought after recruits as a high school senior who had a scholarship rescinded after running into legal problems, will sign a National Letter of Intent with the University of South Florida if he can gain admittance to the university.

Despite a published report, Hadley has not yet signed with the Bulls. He told The Tampa Tribune on Wednesday and reiterated again Thursday that he was still awaiting word on whether or not he would clear through the university’s admissions department before signing. He hopes to hear back soon and would enroll in January if everything goes according to plan. The signing period for midyear junior college transfers began Wednesday and runs through Jan. 15.

Hadley, who finished as Armwood’s career leader in interceptions and had 10 in his final prep season with the Hawks, was highly recruited out of high school and had more than 30 Division I scholarship offers. He originally signed with North Carolina in February 2009 but was released from that NLI following his arrest on multiple felony charges two months later when police said his two older brothers robbed a house while he was having sex with a 14-year-old girl. Hadley pleaded guilty to child abuse, burglary of an occupied dwelling, grand theft and grand theft firearm in March and was sentenced to five years of supervised probation.

“Angelo is a good kid who just made a mistake,†Armwood coach Sean Callahan said.

Hadley resurfaced this year at Butler Community College in Kansas, where he was a first-team All-Jayhawk Conference, second-team NJCAA All-American and helped the Grizzlies reach the junior college national championship game. He took an official visit to USF during the weekend the Bulls played Pittsburgh, and said at the time he was leaning toward signing with the Bulls, who also recruited him out of high school.

Hadley is a former high school teammate of current USF defensive lineman Ryne Giddins, who served as his host on the official visit.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/hadley-intends-to-sign-with-usf/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If Angelo stays out of trouble this kid should be pretty good for us.  Butch Davis wanted him, and Butch knows talent.  It oculd help with some other Armwood kids too.

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

Grady and Hadley did not play at Armwood together. Josh came in the season after Angelo left, or rather was arrested for a horrible crime.

• 3 weeks later...

Josh says he hears Angelo is going elsewhere.Wonder what happened, academic committee maybe?

via twitter

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

I'm hearing that TJ Mutcherson and Angelo Hadley could be heading to #IowaState would be a HUGE get for them.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

With Grady interested in ISU, I don't like this AT ALL. 

• Content Count:  2,523

Is anyone else getting a little irked to hear that Iowa State is having quite a bit of success in recruiting our backyard?  Come on fellas, it's Iowa State.  Who the hell grows up in Florida and wants to go to Iowa State?  I don't care what the story may be, but they are in a TON of conversations with recruits.  That's how you sell a "vision".  If Iowa State out recruits USF, there's something seriously wrong here. 

Josh is our legacy guy. Both of his parents went here. All things being equal I can't really see him leaving Tampa for the corn fields of Iowa. He wants a surgical career and I think he knows that he can't get a better pre-med experience than he will at USF. Hadley has NOTHING to do with Josh Grady. Grady was at the UAAA game tonite with Andre Davis. Those are the guys that are gonna stay and be Local Heroes.

• Content Count:  4,016

Grady and Hadley did not play at Armwood together. Josh came in the season after Angelo left, or rather was arrested for a horrible crime.

That's right but the connection is still there going back before high school.  Josh played at Freedom with Mutcherson...but Josh's dad and Josh played with all these guys at Skyline and on other little league teams.

Archived