• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any chance we win a conference game this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I do not know what the hell the "philosophical issues" are with Gus, but either get on the team bus son or get out of the road. He may think he is the next DoJo, but prove it on the court.. better yet, do wtf Coach tells you.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501

We took BYU to double overtime... so this team can excel if they get anything from the PG position whatsoever, meaning more assists than turnovers.  But that will be few and far between.

I'm not expecting many wins in conference this season... which stinks since we have such a good front court, if only we could take advantage of that situation.

I don't know that I buy into the "good front court" thing.  If they were that good we would have won more games and to my knowledge the only one that said the front court was so good was Heath. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

kind of sad when we have to pick the 2nd and 3rd worse teams in conference and make an argument of how we can MAYBE beat them.

For who said St. Johns, we have no shot.  I say 1-2 wins in conference this year.  Bad and mid level conference teams salivate to play us, they see a not so common conference win. We'll lose those.  We will prob sneak up on a ranked team who all blacked out in Channelside the night before to sneak our 1 W...

Again, why did a "football school" who cant compete in football...join a basketball powerhouse conference?

Someone should get an AD for dummies book over to out athletic department with the quickness

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Maybe I'm going out on limb here but I think we are not good. 

Our designated outside shooters draw more air than a Dyson.  Our so-called point guards can't dribble penetrate and dish, nor can they score.  On the rare occasion when they do get the ball to our front court players, the big guys go to rim as if it were made of crystal egg shells.  If they happen to get fouled they can't convert a free throw to save their lives.  We also have a real hard time handling defensive pressure and serve up more turnovers than Sara Lee.  Now, apparently, our team unity is as lacking as our team chemistry.  Other than that, we seem really fundamentally sound.  Our guys do have some talent, they now hove to decide whether they are going to hang together or blow apart.

As for the reason we went into the Big East, the answer is simple:  We had no choice.  We weren't cracking any other BCS conference and, if it weren't for the plus of being in such a conference, we would really be in a bad position now.  We now have to pray we can survive until our facilities are brought up to snuff and that Stan can some how build on that so we don't have to start over from scratch.  But, hey, we've only been waiting going on 20 years to go dancing. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

kind of sad when we have to pick the 2nd and 3rd worse teams in conference and make an argument of how we can MAYBE beat them.

For who said St. Johns, we have no shot.  I say 1-2 wins in conference this year.  Bad and mid level conference teams salivate to play us, they see a not so common conference win. We'll lose those.  We will prob sneak up on a ranked team who all blacked out in Channelside the night before to sneak our 1 W...

Again, why did a "football school" who cant compete in football...join a basketball powerhouse conference?

Someone should get an AD for dummies book over to out athletic department with the quickness

::)

• Content Count:  684

Our BB team will be a failure until the upgrades to the facilities are complete. Then, some recruits might take a quick glance at us.

Guest nybullsfan

I used to think the key here was "Let's get Gus back to form," and now I think the key is "Let's get the distraction of Gus out of the locker room!"

If we can get our junk together for Auburn, it's the kind of game that could turn the confidence of this team around...but it's a tall order right now.

Auburn's not very good right now but ANY win will help with the confidence .... Maybe with the game on national tv, "name" team coming in, we'll get more students there ...

And hopefully somebody brings the **** WAR FLAMINGO!!  Y'all.  >:D

• Content Count:  4,501

Well we truned down the SEC because we didn't want to play UF every year.  We turned down the ACC because we said there would be to many Fl teams in the conference.  We turned down the Big-10 because it gets to cold up there during football season.  We turned down the Big-12 because Texas took more then their fair share of the conference money.  And last but not least we turned down the Pac-10 because we didn't want to be associated with cheaters like USC.

Does that clear it up for ya Bruce ?

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Well we truned down the SEC because we didn't want to play UF every year.  We turned down the ACC because we said there would be to many Fl teams in the conference.  We turned down the Big-10 because it gets to cold up there during football season.  We turned down the Big-12 because Texas took more then their fair share of the conference money.  And last but not least we turned down the Pac-10 because we didn't want to be associated with cheaters like USC.

not really,  link?

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

not really,  link?

Are you being serious?

Because that sarcasm from dabulls80 apparently flew about 60 miles over your head, the (obvious) answer to your question is: "the Big East is way better than Conference USA for a billion reasons, and USF was invited to join."

Archived