• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any chance we win a conference game this year?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

And who would take over? USF is a tough, tough gig, and neither the money nor the  facilities are there yet.

As a Yankees fan I had no idea that Joe Giradi would be the next manager after Torre. As a 49ers fan I had no idea that George Seifert would succeed Bill Walsh. Had no idea that Steve Mariucci would succeed him, Dennis Erickson succeeding Mariucci, or Mike Nolan succeeding Erickson. I mean how would I know that? That's not my job to know but the powers to be in charge knew who they would hire, it's THEIR job to know. I can go on for days with those kinds of examples.

It's also THEIR job to know what kind of job a coach is doing based on ALL the variables but that sure doesn't stop you from whining incessantly about Stan when those in charge apparently don't have a problem at this point in time....

DePaul is in worse shape then USF(at least they were) yet they went out and hired Oliver Purnell away from Clemson. Don't act like USF isn't capable if they really want to. Once again who knew Purnell would come coach a down and out school like DePaul? The answer is nobody that wasn't a higher up in that athletic department or major booster. USF is a more attractive job now then when Heath came on board. Btw nobody knew he would coach here either.

For someone who knows so much about basketball, it is amazing how ******* clueless when it comes to stuff like this ... Two points that illustrate this beautifully. First, in 3 home ooc games last year, Columbia, Alabama State and Texas State, DePaul averaged over 7000 fans. Second, DePaul is paying Purnell, a coach who, btw, has NEVER won an NCAAT game, $2 mil a year .... I doubt DePaul, as a program, has EVER been in worse shape than USF.

I don't know if Heath is the answer but, after last year, serious talk about a coaching change at this time is a ******* joke ...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

And who would take over? USF is a tough, tough gig, and neither the money nor the  facilities are there yet.

As a Yankees fan I had no idea that Joe Giradi would be the next manager after Torre. As a 49ers fan I had no idea that George Seifert would succeed Bill Walsh. Had no idea that Steve Mariucci would succeed him, Dennis Erickson succeeding Mariucci, or Mike Nolan succeeding Erickson. I mean how would I know that? That's not my job to know but the powers to be in charge knew who they would hire, it's THEIR job to know. I can go on for days with those kinds of examples.

It's also THEIR job to know what kind of job a coach is doing based on ALL the variables but that sure doesn't stop you from whining incessantly about Stan when those in charge apparently don't have a problem at this point in time....

DePaul is in worse shape then USF(at least they were) yet they went out and hired Oliver Purnell away from Clemson. Don't act like USF isn't capable if they really want to. Once again who knew Purnell would come coach a down and out school like DePaul? The answer is nobody that wasn't a higher up in that athletic department or major booster. USF is a more attractive job now then when Heath came on board. Btw nobody knew he would coach here either.

For someone who knows so much about basketball, it is amazing how ******* clueless when it comes to stuff like this ... Two points that illustrate this beautifully. First, in 3 home ooc games last year, Columbia, Alabama State and Texas State, DePaul averaged over 7000 fans. Second, DePaul is paying Purnell, a coach who, btw, has NEVER won an NCAAT game, $2 mil a year .... I doubt DePaul, as a program, has EVER been in worse shape than USF.

I don't know if Heath is the answer but, after last year, serious talk about a coaching change at this time is a ******* joke ...

Cursing all the time doesn't help make you right or intimidating Triple B. Perhaps you would be better suited for message boards about doing your best impersonation of Samuel L Jackson.

As for as everything else I stand by what I said knowing what I know about DePaul. Wainwright and Heath are so similar as both were though of as good basketball men, but the DePaul job simply overwhelmed Jerry in the end. I see strikingly similar path Heath is walking down and unless something unforeseen happens to turn things around, Heath will go out like Wainwright imo. I hope not because I really like Stan.

Cursing all the time doesn't help make you right or intimidating Triple B. Perhaps you would be better suited for message boards about doing your best impersonation of Samuel L Jackson.

As for as everything else I stand by what I said knowing what I know about DePaul. Wainwright and Heath are so similar as both were though of as good basketball men, but the DePaul job simply overwhelmed Jerry in the end. I see strikingly similar path Heath is walking down and unless something unforeseen happens to turn things around, Heath will go out like Wainwright imo. I hope not because I really like Stan.

I don't curse all the time, just when a certain point is reached ... and I'm glad you didn't try to dispute any of what I said. I have no idea whatsoever what this similar path is you're supposedly seeing is. If JW was overwhelmed, it was because he couldn't get it done at a tradition rich basketball school, with fan support USF would kill for. At this point, Stan is in just the opposite position ... coming off the first 20 win season in 22 years with a program that is tradition poor in basketball, in the country's toughest conference and with fan support that is a laughing stock. It is the epitome of ignorance to be talking about a coaching change at this juncture in Stan's tenure here .... and you can knock off the "I really like Stan" ********, too. You don't throw some one you "really like" under the bus at every opportunity when you're only 12 games removed from his team's first post season appearance in a decade. As I said before, I'm not saying he's the answer ... There's a ton more games, at least two sesons, to be played before that can, realistically, be determined.

I don't curse all the time, just when a certain point is reached ... and I'm glad you didn't try to dispute any of what I said. I have no idea whatsoever what this similar path is you're supposedly seeing is. If JW was overwhelmed, it was because he couldn't get it done at a tradition rich basketball school, with fan support USF would kill for. At this point, Stan is in just the opposite position ... coming off the first 20 win season in 22 years with a program that is tradition poor in basketball, in the country's toughest conference and with fan support that is a laughing stock. It is the epitome of ignorance to be talking about a coaching change at this juncture in Stan's tenure here .... and you can knock off the "I really like Stan" ********, too. You don't throw some one you "really like" under the bus at every opportunity when you're only 12 games removed from his team's first post season appearance in a decade. As I said before, I'm not saying he's the answer ... There's a ton more games, at least two sesons, to be played before that can, realistically, be determined.

Tell the truth how hard was it trying not to curse?

Triple B you are so sensitive and quick tempered that you always fell to realize I don't want Stan fired today, tomorrow, or next month. Stan should be allowed to finish this season and hopefully for all our sakes things turn around enough for this team to make the NIT. However on the other hand if things continue to go as they have, and the team finishes at the bottom of the BE, then Heath either should be replaced or enter the 2011-2012 season as the HC on the hottest seat. One of those 2 things will happen.

Another thing that hurts with just keeping Heath around despite losing, is the terrible recruiting. It is impossible for Heath to sell the Hope 4 the Future to the fans, administration, and boosters because he doesn't have the caliber of players coming in that can quickly turnaround a losing situation. People like to say we are a PG away from being a winning team, well the same guys bringing the ball up court today will be doing the same all next season too.

Each seasons that goes by of mediocre play and coaching makes it harder and harder for Stan to land that high caliber recruiting class that he surely needs to do. The best thing for Stan to do for this season and beyond, is to start winning with this current team NOW. Each bad loss moves him a step closer to being fired or going into the next season as a lame duck type coach.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Stan will not be fired.  He won 20 game at USF while playing in the toughest basketball conference ever assembled.  He has this year, next year, and the year after.

C'mon Son!!!!!!!!!

Tell the truth how hard was it trying not to curse?

Triple B you are so sensitive and quick tempered that you always fell to realize I don't want Stan fired today, tomorrow, or next month. Stan should be allowed to finish this season and hopefully for all our sakes things turn around enough for this team to make the NIT. However on the other hand if things continue to go as they have, and the team finishes at the bottom of the BE, then Heath either should be replaced or enter the 2011-2012 season as the HC on the hottest seat. One of those 2 things will happen.

Neither of those things will happen. Seriously, how long have you been following USF basketball? .... "Should be allowed to finish this season", after what was accomplished last year?? .... and you wonder why I cuss.

Another thing that hurts with just keeping Heath around despite losing, is the terrible recruiting. It is impossible for Heath to sell the Hope 4 the Future to the fans, administration, and boosters because he doesn't have the caliber of players coming in that can quickly turnaround a losing situation. People like to say we are a PG away from being a winning team, well the same guys bringing the ball up court today will be doing the same all next season too.

Each seasons that goes by of mediocre play and coaching makes it harder and harder for Stan to land that high caliber recruiting class that he surely needs to do. The best thing for Stan to do for this season and beyond, is to start winning with this current team NOW. Each bad loss moves him a step closer to being fired or going into the next season as a lame duck type coach.

Your naivete when it comes to USF hoops is mind boggling (I'm still chuckling at you thinking DePaul was a worse situation) ... As DEL said, Woolard will give Stan, at the very least, 2 years after this one to see what he can accomplish with the new toys at his disposal. I'm sure his eyes were opened up a bit when he went to replace Mac and qualified people weren't exactly knocking down his door to get at this "plum job". DW has embraced the reality of the situation here, you should give it a try, too ...

Stan will not be fired.  He won 20 game at USF while playing in the toughest basketball conference ever assembled.  He has this year, next year, and the year after.

C'mon Son!!!!!!!!!

Well I just hope he wins this year, next year, and the year after.

I feel very, very confident in my prediction after tonight.

Archived