• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East coaches' salaries

Is Schiano worth 2 million per year?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Right now Skip seems overpaid with his salary compared to the rest of the league.

WTF? He's been here 1 year and is playing with a roster full of players that weren't his pick, and he still exceeded expectations.

If anyone is overpaid it's Schiano. He's been there 10 years and has been plateaued (or sinking) for longer than we were under Leavitt.

Sensitive much.  Wow.  The average salary is 1.4 million.  I said right now he is overpaid comparatively speaking.

I think he needs a little more time to work at USF before anyone declares him "overpaid."  I didn't think the original reaction to your post was sensitive at all. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Cant believe WVU isnt hiring themselves a coach.

Yeah, Stewart is not a head coach type to begin with.

he seems to do well as a head coach

If you're call taking a national championship team stacked with players and turning them into Big east also rans, as a good coaching job, then we must have different criteria

Really?  Stacked with players?  I noticed how many were first team All Americans.  Oh wait... 

But there are 20 5 star recruits on the roster.  Not so much....

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I hate Buttegrs... I have nothing else to add to this discussion

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Randy E. is the best BE Coach - he should make the most!

Skippy is the newest and most untested - he should make the average.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Randy E. is the best BE Coach - he should make the most!

Skippy is the newest and most untested - he should make the average.

Can I get an AMEN!

• Content Count:  4,501

Cant believe WVU isnt hiring themselves a coach.

Yeah, Stewart is not a head coach type to begin with.

he seems to do well as a head coach

If you're call taking a national championship team stacked with players and turning them into Big east also rans, as a good coaching job, then we must have different criteria

Also rans ?  WV hasn't had a bad year under Stewart.  National Championship ?  Must have missed that.

• Content Count:  477

They all did, although Schiano may be overpaid.  Very tough situation, though, after that terrible injury. They didn't win a thing after that. I remember when we had that bad injury and the rest of the season were really flat, and I'm not sure if we won anything. 

• Content Count:  1,457

Amen Deldabull.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Right now Skip seems overpaid with his salary compared to the rest of the league.

WTF? He's been here 1 year and is playing with a roster full of players that weren't his pick, and he still exceeded expectations.

If anyone is overpaid it's Schiano. He's been there 10 years and has been plateaued (or sinking) for longer than we were under Leavitt.

People always say "he doesn't have his players" do you think Leavitt had his?  You don't think Leavitt would've rather signed a Cam Newton over BJ or AJ Green over AJ Love, etc?  Skip won't get any of those guys either, because they'd rather go to big time programs.

• Content Count:  4,451

CSH should be making the going rate for a BCS coach in the state of FL whatever that is. I imagine with four new HCs in two seasons the rate will be increasing depending if Muschamp is offered close to Meyers salary. I dont believe CSH is over paid but assistant salaries are a better indicator of a teams yr to yr consistency.

Archived