• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fitch interviewing for Kent State job this weekend

DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Maybe Randy Shannon?

Shannon has never been anything but defensive coach. He was a linebacker coach and then defensive coordinator at Miami before becoming the head coach.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Maybe Randy Shannon?

Shannon has never been anything but defensive coach. He was a linebacker coach and then defensive coordinator at Miami before becoming the head coach.

It was a joke.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Isn't Skip calling the plays anyway?

i believe he was for the second half of the season

Interesting .... why?

I've personally heard rumblings of discontent between new coaching staff and the athletic department.  No names will be divulged, however, it appears that we have someone with a Napoleon complex and that doesn't sit well with people who have been too many places as coaches and view it as BS.  I don't know if that's the reason he is looking to move on but having heard that and then this........coincidence?  You be the judge.

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz is always on the headset and chimes in when he wants a type of play ( eg a fade ) or wants out of a play.  I haven't seen anything indicating Skip took over the playcalling nor has their been anything in the postgames that indicates Fitch wasn't calling plays.  He was definitely calling plays late in the Miami game.

• Content Count:  3,475

Holtz is always on the headset and chimes in when he wants a type of play ( eg a fade ) or wants out of a play.  I haven't seen anything indicating Skip took over the playcalling nor has their been anything in the postgames that indicates Fitch wasn't calling plays.  He was definitely calling plays late in the Miami game.

Yeah, Holtz specifically said after the Miami game that he thought the slant pass to Miller in overtime was a bad call but Fitch went with it and it worked. Do people have some reason to believe Holtz was lying? Why would he do that?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Isn't Skip calling the plays anyway?

i believe he was for the second half of the season

Interesting .... why?

I've personally heard rumblings of discontent between new coaching staff and the athletic department.  No names will be divulged, however, it appears that we have someone with a Napoleon complex and that doesn't sit well with people who have been too many places as coaches and view it as BS.  I don't know if that's the reason he is looking to move on but having heard that and then this........coincidence?  You be the judge.

Wait...so Skip is unhappy already? Thats not good. Leavitt didn't put up with any crap, he was the most powerful man in the building! Seriously, if we have coaches leaving because of someone in the AD, it needs to be addressed quickly. At some point, if USF doesn't win anything in football, there isn't going to be any money for a decent coach. This program is too young to sustain a rotten egg somewhere behind the scenes.

• Content Count:  10,369

Yeah, Holtz specifically said after the Miami game that he thought the slant pass to Miller in overtime was a bad call but Fitch went with it and it worked. Do people have some reason to believe Holtz was lying? Why would he do that?

ESPN announcers for UCONN game said Holtz calls the plays.  I mentioned it in another thread (after the game) with the caveat that I have no idea - just what announcers said.  Someone else confirmed that Holtz calls the plays, but I don't think that makes it anymore fact.

The ESPN crew that did the UCONN game had lots of facts wrong, so I wouldn't give it much weight.

• Content Count:  10,369

i am for coaches advancing

good luck to him

Agreed.

Plus Skip will never have problems recruiting solid coaches. . . . . we'll get by just fine.

Greg is reporting Skip plans to speak with former UF coach Urban Meyer soon...

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

I'm going to play Devils advocate and say that maybe Skip realized he needs somebody better than Fitch so he told him to start looking after the UCONN game. Or maybe Skip wants to start BJ in Charlotte and Fitch realized he lost his freaken mind!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

How the interview goes:

Kent State: tell us about your last job.

Fitch: I was offensive coordinator for the 105th ranked offense in America.

KS: that sounds bad.

Fitch: well there are 120 teams.

KS: so you were in the bottom 15%?

Fitch: well it's still better than where kent state was.

KS: true. You're hired.

Archived