• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lindsey Lamar named Big East Special Teams Player of the Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

He should only get better and I agree I would like to see him used more like UF used Demps.

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

great honor

oc really needs to get ball to him in space

CROSSING PATTERNS  ALA REGGIE BUSH

• Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

Congratulations to Lamar. What makes it even more special is that he is from a local school. I hope this encourages more local players to consider the Bulls.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/435/Article/217502/BIG-EAST-Announces-2010-Postseason-Football-Honors.aspx

<blockquote><i>USF wide receiver Lindsey Lamar was chosen as the BIG EAST Special Teams Player of the Year, while Louisville safety Hakeem Smith was named BIG EAST Rookie of the Year.

Lamar becomes USF’s first BIG EAST Special Teams Player of the Year honoree and joins 2007 Defensive Player of the Year George Selvie as the only USF players to earn a major individual honor from the conference.

Lamar averaged 28.1 yards on 30 kickoff returns in the regular season, leading the BIG EAST with 842 yards and two touchdowns. He sprung a 94-yard kickoff return for a touchdown against Syracuse and had a 100-yard return for a score against Louisville, becoming the 10th player in BIG EAST history to register two kickoff returns for touchdowns in a season. Lamar finished the regular season with 1,004 all-purpose yards and had six games with at least 100 all-purpose yards.</i></blockquote>

Lindsay Lamar is the second USF player to be named special teams player of the year. Ean Randolph won the award in 2006.

Also, Matt Grothe was rookie of the year in 2006, but maybe they only consider defensive, offensive and special teams player of the year to be "major individual awards."

The part in bold for me is awesome and sad all at the same time.  That means only 162 of his yards came on offense.  We need to find ways to get the ball in his hands.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Congratulations to Lamar. What makes it even more special is that he is from a local school. I hope this encourages more local players to consider the Bulls.

That's a good point. Hopefully he and Giddens can be real studs in the next two years to really emphasize this point. What other major contributors to this team are from Tampa? Any?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Good job Lindsey!  2 more years!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

That's a good point. Hopefully he and Giddens can be real studs in the next two years to really emphasize this point. What other major contributors to this team are from Tampa? Any?

I don't think we have any other major contributors ....... yet. T Rex hopefully will be one.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think we have any other major contributors ....... yet. T Rex hopefully will be one.

Sure. What I mean is, are there any other guys from Tampa on the team who one could reasonably expect to become major contributors? Also, I had for some reason thought Mitchell was from Tallahassee. Not sure where I got that idea.

But I answered my own question. I looked on gousfbulls.com, and according to the roster they have posted there, the following non-seniors are from Tampa:

Dontae Aycock, running back, freshman

Chris Breit, linebacker, sophomore

Cody Durakovic, defensive end, freshman

Jordan Duval, wide receiver, freshman

Bobby Eveld, quarterback, freshman

Lindsay Lamar, wide receiver, sophomore

Joel Miller, running back (wide receiver, actually, though, right?), sophomore

Terrence Mitchell, cornerback (maybe not, though), freshman

Andreas Shields, tight end, sophomore

That's not counting cities that are close to Tampa. So I guess Lamar and Mitchell are the most likely, with Eveld having a slight chance. Aycock I've heard of, but I'm not sure if he's expected to be any good, I don't know anything about him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Aycock was a stud coming out of Chamberlain ...

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

great honor

oc really needs to get ball to him in space

CROSSING PATTERNS  ALA REGGIE BUSH

this

Archived