• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So...why are we playing Syracuse at the Forum?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't like it at all.  Assume it is to sell more tickets to Syracuse fans--we can use the revenue, of course, but gives up any possible home court advantage and makes it inconvenient for our fans. I think they think the game might sell out in the SD.

I agree, I'd rather make the Syracuse fans come to the Sun Dome, but I have to assume there is some reason for this move that we're just not aware of. Maybe something political, like USF agreed to host a game there for some reason related to the NCAA tournament coming there, as has been suggested earlier in the thread. If for some reason the team has agreed to host a game there, it makes sense to do it at what will probably be the most-attended game of the season. I guess.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

It definitely benefits the away team. UF refused to play on UCF's campus so our AD agreed to the Amway Center game. Even though they were around 14K fans there, close to half probably being Gator fans, it would have been much more hostile if the game was at UCF Arena that only holds close to 10K but is more intimate and much louder w/ more students and less Gators. Fortunately it didn't matter and Florida lost anyway

• Content Count:  823

Many teams in college basketball play select games off campus; Georgetown, UConn, DePaul, St. John's and Villanova. I don't think we would get any more fans at the ever aging dome versus anywhere else in town. It's not like the students show up in mass numbers for any basketball game.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Many teams in college basketball play select games off campus; Georgetown, UConn, DePaul, St. John's and Villanova. I don't think we would get any more fans at the ever aging dome versus anywhere else in town. It's not like the students show up in mass numbers for any basketball game.

Yes, they play off campus, but in those cases, its because the on campus arena is not capable of handling a large crowd for a big game.  The Sun Dome is more than capable.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Dry run for NCAA nothing more or less.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

USF will secretly be wearing skates, and they're gonna put the wood floor down right on the ice, and not tell Syracuse. Advantage: USF!

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

This sucks. We were planning on doing the Cabana for this game.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

It's so their jack@ss fans can outnumber our own even more

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

They'll do that whether the game is at the Sun Dome or the Forum, might as well make money off their jackass fans.

• Content Count:  823

They'll do that whether the game is at the Sun Dome or the Forum, might as well make money off their jackass fans.

Agreed. I can't remember a time we played Cuse, Louisville, UConn, Notre Dame at home (in the dome or elsewhere) with out being out numbered. We might as well make some money off of them.

Archived