• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF win Saturday = Sun Bowl invite vs. BC? boston.com thinks so

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

BOB really wants the Ville so they want to try a bowl with NO Florida schools. And Ville has more alumni in Florida than any state but Kentucky. No way USF gets left out of the Bowls (per Smazza). Would love to play someone we have never played before and it looks like that will happen.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

can one bowl eligible big east team get screwed out of a bowl and stay home

Yes, but very unlikely. There are 35 bowl games now, and last I heard there were 72 or 74 eligible teams, including CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt, etc.

The #6 pick out of the BE will prolly look more attractive than at least 4 non-BCS teams.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Just the name of the Sun Bowl gives me nightmares. Plus El Paso is not exactly the safest city in America these days, I wouldn't recommend partying or even walking the streets at night there unless you bring your own security team with you.

This is completely FALSE.  EL PASO is the safest large city in the United States, despite the violence across the border in Mexico.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/opinion/ci_16711366

We're No. 1: Safest big city in America

El Paso Times Editorial Board

Posted: 11/26/2010 12:00:00 AM MST

Let's get the most out of our being the safest big U.S. city this time. We're up from No. 2 last year, and we've been in the top three since 1997.

America needs to know that. If the "safe" beacon shines upon El Paso, we can be known as the place to raise a family instead of the place across the river from the narco-violence in Juárez.

For sure we can vocalize our low crime rates through official channels. And if a chant can come from the citizenry, it would be all the better.

The annual rankings by CQ Press use data on murders, ****, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and auto theft in cities with more than 500,000 people.

Perhaps the bit of data that put us over the top is our low number of murders. There have been four so far in 2010. Last year there were 13, also a low number for a large city.

By comparison, there were 2,640 murders in Juárez last year and there have been more than 2,700 so far this year.

The other top five cities, in order of CQ's data, are: Honolulu, New York, San Jose, Calif. and San Diego.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_16675219

El Paso named safest US city

by Daniel Borunda \ El Paso Times

Posted: 11/22/2010 12:00:00 AM MST

Despite being located across the border from one of the deadliest cities in the world, El Paso is the safest large city in the United States, according to rankings released Sunday.

Though the city has been ranked in the top three each year since 1997, this is the first time El Paso has taken the top spot for having the lowest crime rate among cities of more than 500,000 population in the annual rankings by CQ Press, a publishing firm based in Washington, D.C.

• Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

We had a great time in El Paso. I think that Southwest has direct flights now. I enjoyed the stuff that I took home from the El Paso Chile Company. I will say that I would pack warmer clothes this time. That stadium was cold when the Sun got low.

Jay

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

GA just tweeted "More on how USF could wind up in El Paso on New Year's Eve with a win against Connecticut and from West Virginia. http://tinyurl.com/24cy3bz "

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Looks like USF to the Sun Bowl with win!!  I like this option better than the BBVA Compass bowl or whatever it's called.  If Champs doesn't come thru, this is a great option.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Days Won:  12

at the beginning of the season i remember reading

"oh this team will be lucky to make a bowl" yada yada

now this? oh how things change  ;)

Bulls, win whatever bowl you are sent to. that is your mandate.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Never thought the Sun Bowl could be our first repeat bowl.  Look for the flip.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

GA just tweeted "More on how USF could wind up in El Paso on New Year's Eve with a win against Connecticut and from West Virginia. http://tinyurl.com/24cy3bz "

He has updated his blog as well.  Sounds like Sun Bowl Committee would like to give the invite tonight!  But did mention make take some time to clear with other bowls. 

This would be great for BE, let Champs take Notre Dame and replace it with Sun Bowl this year!

Archived