• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

5-2 will win this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I thought for the BCS game only if teams were tied the highest ranked team went.  But I could be wrong.

The BCS is way down the line of the tiebreakers. 

For ties of three teams or more, it goes:

1) Team with the best record in games between the tied teams

2) If there is still a tie between more than two teams, the team with the highest BCS ranking gets the bid.

I'm not sure being No. 2 on the list qualifies as "way down."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565

I agree 5-2 will win the BE but there will be a 3 way tie. Its a shame the BE will not have a ranked team in the bcs bowl.

What if USF wins out? We could be real close to, if not in, the Top 25.

Say Miami beats GT and VT. They would be ranked when we played them.

It could happen.

Guest nybullsfan

I agree 5-2 will win the BE but there will be a 3 way tie. Its a shame the BE will not have a ranked team in the bcs bowl.

It would only be a shame if the unranked team loses. If the BE team goes to the Fiesta Bowl let's say and beats BSU....that would be HILARIOUS! No one expected WVU to beat Georgia or Oklahoma so it could happen.

the big east team(the lesser team i so hppy to be there) while the better team is disappointed let down hving to play a crummy unranked team

it must be so hardto get up  for a big east team

Does anyone have a smazza dictionary.

WVU was the lesser team, and therefore was more motivated to win. The other team was the better team, and therefore was disappointed and let down having to play a crummy unranked WVU team. Therefore it must have been hard for them to get motivated. That's why GA and OK lost to WVU.

Howzat??

Guest nybullsfan

It could happen.

If we're good enough to run the table in the BE, then we're good enough to beat Miami, and we'll probably be ranked going into the BCS game at 9-3.

The real question is, "Are we good enough to run the table in the BE?"

• Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

It could happen.

UMiami will not beat either GT or VT....... Harris is still out

• Content Count:  21,324
  • Days Won:  10

Probably not.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

After this weekend, I think we will know more about where we stand. We can still finish 5-2 and have a good chance at being the clear number one.  The most difficult one will be Syracuse, they only have rutgers and UCONN and those are two very winnable games.  West virginia still has Pitt on the road and Louisville.

I think if we win out, we win the conference and will represent the Big East in a BCS game.  However... that's one big if.

• Content Count:  10,565

the big east team(the lesser team i so hppy to be there) while the better team is disappointed let down hving to play a crummy unranked team

it must be so hardto get up  for a big east team

While I see your line of thinking I just can't buy into that 100%. When WVU played Georgia in the Sugar Bowl the game was played in Atlanta that year because of Hurricane Katrina. Georgia had a huge home field advantage in that game and WVU game out from the start and smashed them in pretty much the same way that WVU beat OU a couple of years after that.

Archived