• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

5-2 will win this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Because there's no way wanny doesn't lose at least one more.  Beat the cards!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Well if USF goes 5 - 2 in conference it is a mathematical certainty wanny will loose one more...

The issue becomes which of the likely multiple 5-2 teams will get BCS bid.  Tie break comes down to head-to-head, or in case of three or more teams being tied, best record in a mini-conference formed from the tied teams.  So, if I am thinking about this right, I think we are now fans of Rutgers, Cincinnati  UCONN, and Pitt (unless of course they are playing USF).  Ideally we would like to see WVU and Syracuse pick up another loss.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I agree 5-2 will win the BE but there will be a 3 way tie. Its a shame the BE will not have a ranked team in the bcs bowl.

Well if USF goes 5 - 2 in conference it is a mathematical certainty wanny will loose one more...

The issue becomes which of the likely multiple 5-2 teams will get BCS bid.  Tie break comes down to head-to-head, or in case of three or more teams being tied, best record in a mini-conference formed from the tied teams.  So, if I am thinking about this right, I think we are now fans of Rutgers, Cincinnati  UCONN, and Pitt (unless of course they are playing USF).  Ideally we would like to see WVU and Syracuse pick up another loss.

Correct, Grouper... Assuming USF can beat L'ville, Pitt, and U Conn.

We would need WVU and Cuse to lose a conference game each to be safe.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I agree 5-2 will win the BE but there will be a 3 way tie. Its a shame the BE will not have a ranked team in the bcs bowl.

It would only be a shame if the unranked team loses. If the BE team goes to the Fiesta Bowl let's say and beats BSU....that would be HILARIOUS! No one expected WVU to beat Georgia or Oklahoma so it could happen.

• Content Count:  2,478

It would only be a shame if the unranked team loses. If the BE team goes to the Fiesta Bowl let's say and beats BSU....that would be HILARIOUS! No one expected WVU to beat Georgia or Oklahoma so it could happen.

I think if USF won the BE, they'd be in the Orange Bowl against Va Tech. It would be a really competitive matchup. Much better than a USF v Boise in which the Broncos would likely put a beatdown

• Content Count:  521

if we win out (including the UMiami game), we are co-champions, but we get the Big East BCS bid.  looking at everyone else's schedule, no one will have as good of a quality WIN against an opponent like our potential win vs. UMiami.  The only other team that would come close would be Syracuse playing BC, and BC is trash this year (despite their 2-game winning streak, they have lost 5 already this season).  This is all assuming there will be a 5-2 tie between us and someone(s) else.  If i'm not mistaken, after head-to-head, the tiebreaker goes to the highest ranked.  This is assuming there is like a 3-way tie amongst three 5-2 teams. and while we may not be ranked if we go undefeated, we will be ranked higher outside of the top 25 than anyone else, due to our lonely potential quality win vs UM.

SO BASICALLY- we control our destiny towards the BCS!!

• Content Count:  444

…in the race for the Big East championship by the end of the week if things fall right on Saturday.

USF has not had control of their BCS fate with 2 or less conference games remaining since their first year in the BE.  (ie: voodoo 5)

…in the race for the Big East championship by the end of the week if things fall right on Saturday.

USF has not had control of their BCS fate with 2 or less conference games remaining since their first year in the BE.  (ie: voodoo 5)

That would mean USF, Rutgers, and Cincinnati winning... I don't know if I see that happening.

if we win out (including the UMiami game), we are co-champions, but we get the Big East BCS bid.  looking at everyone else's schedule, no one will have as good of a quality WIN against an opponent like our potential win vs. UMiami.  The only other team that would come close would be Syracuse playing BC, and BC is trash this year (despite their 2-game winning streak, they have lost 5 already this season).  This is all assuming there will be a 5-2 tie between us and someone(s) else.  If i'm not mistaken, after head-to-head, the tiebreaker goes to the highest ranked.  This is assuming there is like a 3-way tie amongst three 5-2 teams. and while we may not be ranked if we go undefeated, we will be ranked higher outside of the top 25 than anyone else, due to our lonely potential quality win vs UM.

SO BASICALLY- we control our destiny towards the BCS!!

Actually, not really.  It requires another loss by Syracuse and WVU.  If we finished tied with them, we lose the tiebreaker - which is head to head to head, making Syracuse the Champion.

Archived