• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The WAC is adding 3 teams...Yikes!

jg233

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

I was a little nervous when I saw the title, but as soon as I saw the first word of the article was Denver I laughed so loud my son came to see what I was watching on tv.

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

The WAC will be worse than the Sunbelt

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Well at least those teams are a little closer to La Tech. Funny how La Tech did not want to go to the Sun Belt and now they may be in a similar conference.

I would assume they are hoping UCF or Houston goes to the BE and they can fill in the CUSA slot.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Being from Texas and having many friends go to UTSA and Texas State and knowing more info than average sports fan and believe they can become "UTEP" type program or better within a few years. for those who don't know, Larry Coker, former U of Miami National Championship football head coach, will be the 1st coach at UTSA

• Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Being from Texas and having many friends go to UTSA and Texas State and knowing more info than average sports fan and believe they can become "UTEP" type program or better within a few years. for those who don't know, Larry Coker, former U of Miami National Championship football head coach, will be the 1st coach at UTSA

I'm actually very interested to see what happens at UTSA. Good coach, and if I'm not mistaken I believe they're the largest university (in terms of enrollment) without a FB team (or at least at the time of their inception).

• Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

UTSA is also starting up a marching band next year, their director Ron Ellis was director at UCF and got his doctorate at USF, him in 8 others are flying down for the Pitt game to watch HOT

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

For those of you unaware of UTSA, they are USF lite.  I'm not kidding.  You will see them grow by leaps and bounds just like USF did.  I live in San Antonio, and they have tremendous support from the city, have an NFL calibur stadium to play in, and a NC winning head coach (Larry Coker).  They will be no joke if a few years.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

What stadium do they play in?

I was wondering when the WAC would act. I figured they'd add these schools, or if not, if TCU and a C-USA school was taken by the Big East, LA Tech would shift over to Conference USA. And if that happened, it would leave the WAC and MWC with 14 total teams, and a possible merger, but looks like they're staying separate and trying to rebolster.

I think UTSA could be a USF/FAU type school that sees some success pretty quickly, especially in the weak WAC, now that their 3 best teams are gone.

I see Texas State is in San Marcos. I know they already have a football team (I think Rutgers or UConn beat up on them recently - or maybe that was Texas Southern), but it should give the WAC some recruiting inroads to Texas, especially that southern part around San Antonio, San Marcos, and Corpus Christi.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

What stadium do they play in?

alamo dome i believe

Archived