• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jenkins quit? WTF?

Guest nybullsfan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

When I watched it, I thought he got confused with the 5 yard line and the end zone. It almost looks like he thought the guy was already in for a TD. You can see him as soon as he realizes the mistake he looks at the lines and drops his head.

That's my take...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Here's what Jim Mora had to say about this:

“To me, this is high treason,†Mora said. “An NFL football player does not turn down a play like that. And if I’m Jason Garrett, the first thing that I’m doing when I take over as the head coach of this team, is I’m getting guys like that — number 21, who absolutely committed treason, let his team down by passing up a tackle and let the ball get in the end zone — I’m taking him and I’m getting him out of my locker room.â€

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/11/08/mora-fixing-cowboys-should-start-with-cutting-jenkins/?module=HP_spotlight

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

All this talk about him not liking contact, Jenkins had one of the biggest hits I can remember from a USF player against Cincy a few years back. The game where we spotted them 30 something and dropped a td in the endzone to win it.

Guest nybullsfan

Finally got home and got a chance to watch (friggin youtube is blocked at work!) - thanks for the video link.

Pretty sad, really. And none of the excuses posited above seem very plausible. It looks like he just gave up on the play.

I can't pretend to know what's going on in his head, but it certainly helped get Phillips fired. Hopefully he'll get turned around the new regime or get traded to a better place.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I want to get a Mike Jenkins Cowboys jersey, but my Ant Henry Cowboys jersey seems to have a little more character right now. Come on Mike... Pick it up brother. You're my favorite player in the league and I hope to see you spearheading the Dallas defense for many years to come... 

Unfortunately, the cat calls on Mike Jenkins keep coming... This was a blurb in a Fantasy Football site I read daily...

Miles Austin - WR, Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips was fired Monday morning, reports the Dallas CBS affiliate's official website, CBSDFW.com. Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has been named the new interim head coach.

HUDDLE UP: The first thing Garrett should do is bench a few players (Mike Jenkins, cough cough) and only play guys who take pride in what they do for a living.

• Content Count:  1,985

Umm, first, Jim Mora can go suck it.  WTF is he putting his 2 cents into this for?  He is an ass. 

Second, anyone who wants to believe from this play the Jenkins is not committed did not watch the entire game.  I only watch the Cowboys to watch Mike, he was all over the place.  He made hits up on the line, in open field.  He may have been thrown at 8 times, but he made stops too.  He also made some big hits.

Something made him pull up at the end zone play, you can see he squares to hit and then pulls back.  As soon as he did he makes a motion of disgust with himself.  He did not smirk at the camera as someone suggested.

He has been solid all year.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cowboys need upgrade at talent at every position

• Content Count:  259

He has been playing like a guy who is playing just because he gets paid and is fat and happy with his millions. It happens to a lot of guys. See how he plays in a contract year. Although I hate the Cowboys so it has been fun to watch that team get roasted.

• Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  1

Tweet from Adam Schefter today:

Brian Billick on ESPN Radio: The first thing that Jason Garrett can do to change the culture in Dallas is cut CB Mike Jenkins.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

All this talk about him not liking contact, Jenkins had one of the biggest hits I can remember from a USF player against Cincy a few years back.

There's a big difference when the opposing WR is jumping up to catch an errant pass and is defenseless to being hit at the line of scrimmage than there is when the ball carrier is rumbling toward you. Jenkins has showed he wants no business of a physical ball carrier running right at him.

Archived