• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East APPROVES to evaluate expansion options

Dogma

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

From all the chatter/speculation I've seen what it looks like might happen is that the Big East is eventually going to 12 by 2014. Rob Stone even asked Woolard during your game yesterday and while his answer didn't really answer anything it sounded like expansion will continually be evaluated and probably not over after the 2 additions. So if there is a move to 12, UCF either will be added now or be in the 2nd round. The TCU and Houston sell as travel partners is not as good a sell as the UCF-USF travel partner. UCF and USF are an hour and a half apart, Houston and TCU are 4+ hours apart, so the UCF and USF combo would make travel much easier/cheaper for Track, baseball, basketball, soccer, etc. That's only if All Sports invites are coming, hearing a lot of Football onlys. If I had to guess it would be TCU and UCF/Houston for 2012 and Nova and UCF/Houston for 2014....who knows I might be completely wrong and they'll go with Temple  :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  64

I dont know why everyone is so worried about recruits and usf competing for them against ucf.  did everyone forget that skip holtz owned ucf in c-usa while at ecu.  winning games and going to better bowl games will get you better recruits and holtz can get us to that next level.  personally i would rather play for holtz then play for o'leary.

• Content Count:  639

personally i would rather play for holtz then play for o'leary.

I know Oleary is a *****, especially with the media but he has somehow had a couple solid recruiting classes in a row so kids must like what he's selling. And by 2012 or 2014 with these expansion scenarios, who knows if Oleary will still be the coach, he might decide to retire by that time.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

From all the chatter/speculation I've seen what it looks like might happen is that the Big East is eventually going to 12 by 2014. Rob Stone even asked Woolard during your game yesterday and while his answer didn't really answer anything it sounded like expansion will continually be evaluated and probably not over after the 2 additions. So if there is a move to 12, UCF either will be added now or be in the 2nd round. The TCU and Houston sell as travel partners is not as good a sell as the UCF-USF travel partner. UCF and USF are an hour and a half apart, Houston and TCU are 4+ hours apart, so the UCF and USF combo would make travel much easier/cheaper for Track, baseball, basketball, soccer, etc. That's only if All Sports invites are coming, hearing a lot of Football onlys. If I had to guess it would be TCU and UCF/Houston for 2012 and Nova and UCF/Houston for 2014....who knows I might be completely wrong and they'll go with Temple  :D

would be laughing it that is what happened?    :)

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If they want 10 for next season it won't be 'Nova.  They can't be ready by then.

• Content Count:  24

There is no way they go to 10 for 2011 season...no way CUSA lets either UCF or Houston out without a years notice, and the same goes for tcu...

I don't think 'Nova can be ready by 2012 either.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

There is no way they go to 10 for 2011 season...no way CUSA lets either UCF or Houston out without a years notice, and the same goes for tcu...

i thought MWC didn't have an exit clause/penalty  ???

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think 'Nova can be ready by 2012 either.

That's why you get 1 team in early and have 'Nova come in in like 2014.

What I'd like to see is TCU and Houston now.  'Nova later and give Notre Dame an ultimatum*.  If Notre Dame balks, then go with UCF.

* Disclaimer:  I know that the Big East would never give Notre Dame an ultimatum.  I'm just stating what I would do if I had the power to do so.

Archived