• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

$28.5 million in Sun Dome improvements on the way

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Great news for USF.  USF brings in a lot of money from renting out the Sun Dome (wrestling, concerts, special events, etc.).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I wonder were they would play until it is done.  You know these projects never get done on time.

They could play at the Ice Palace.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder were they would play until it is done.  You know these projects never get done on time.

Yup simple solution and could maybe help grow the USF name to downtown/South Tampa more.

• Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

Great news!  Just a year away.

Stan can use this for recruiting right away.

I wonder if it will look anything like these early renderings + the center score board of course:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=498080

Scroll down 1/3 way down the page

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If the timetable that was specified could be maintained, then you can play the first handful of games on the road before opening the season at home in early December.

Guest nybullsfan

I wonder if it will look anything like these early renderings + the center score board of course:

Looking at the first drawing, it looks like they're planning for luxury boxes all around the edge between the first and second levels.

My first thought was that the shocktroopers would now be in full force to keep walkers from standing in front of the boxes, which will probably happen behind the baskets, but...

Anyone else notice that the "outdoor" seats for the luxury boxes actually run right out to the back of the lower bowl, or is it just my old eyes?

Looks like the only way to get to the lower bowl will be down the sides of the luxury boxes, and if you use the wrong entrance, you'll have to go all the back out behind the luxury boxes to walk over to the next entrance aisle. No?

bball%20rendering%20courtcrop%20sm.jpg

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Beacause it worked out so well last time they tried to play a basketball game there ::)

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Looking at the first drawing, it looks like they're planning for luxury boxes all around the edge between the first and second levels.

My first thought was that the shocktroopers would now be in full force to keep walkers from standing in front of the boxes, which will probably happen behind the baskets, but...

Anyone else notice that the "outdoor" seats for the luxury boxes actually run right out to the back of the lower bowl, or is it just my old eyes?

Looks like the only way to get to the lower bowl will be down the sides of the luxury boxes, and if you use the wrong entrance, you'll have to go all the back out behind the luxury boxes to walk over to the next entrance aisle. No?

Those renditions are over 3 years old.

I'm sure they have changed drastically (and for the better)

One example is that this old rendition doesn't include the center scoreboard that is now mentioned

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

So after the Dome is upgraded.....what would be left for the athletics department to do.....hmmmmm.....

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

That would be great. I live in an apartment in Harbour Island, right across the water. Walking takes 5 minutes.

Archived