• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

$28.5 million in Sun Dome improvements on the way

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

The construction is from March 2011 thru Nov 2011. Very little chance of having to play games anywhere else.

We've got 5 home games scheduled for November 2010 ...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

All of it depends on the light rail in my opinion... if it passes then we will never get a stadium because one of the proposed tracks is supposed to go to Ray Jay and you can get there from USF. Also if this passes then it will kill the market for a USF Strip of Bars, the train would go to Ybor and Channelside so why bother.

If it fails then we will eventually get a stadium and a strip of bars, one day in the future.

You can't possibly think like this... light rail will revitalize huge tracts of land near the stations with high density mixed used projects, perhaps some shops and dorms.  The initial light rail route would cover 2 potential routes that they are planning 1) USF to Downtown and 2) Downtown to Airport.  USF has the chance to have a light rail transportation hub within our campus and I can assure you that most of the existing eyesore lowrise buildings will be gone if that happens.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

I think this was posted elsewhere but its worth watching.  This would give easy access to our campus & athletic facilities to many people

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If I had 30 million I would cut the check right now. All they would have to do is call it the DELdaBULL Arena.

Also if they named the engineering building after my true last name I could throw in an extra 3.

That's the ticket. 

Guest nybullsfan

All of it depends on the light rail in my opinion... if it passes then we will never get a stadium because one of the proposed tracks is supposed to go to Ray Jay and you can get there from USF. Also if this passes then it will kill the market for a USF Strip of Bars, the train would go to Ybor and Channelside so why bother.

If it fails then we will eventually get a stadium and a strip of bars, one day in the future.

You can't possibly think like this... light rail will revitalize huge tracts of land near the stations with high density mixed used projects, perhaps some shops and dorms.  The initial light rail route would cover 2 potential routes that they are planning 1) USF to Downtown and 2) Downtown to Airport.  USF has the chance to have a light rail transportation hub within our campus and I can assure you that most of the existing eyesore lowrise buildings will be gone if that happens.

For those that are interested, the Route Map is on Slide 8 of this presentation.

It looks like the plan is to go right thru campus, but nowhere near RJS. Which is not too surprising - I used to live on the subway line that served Yankee Stadium. It was a bit, shall we say, "crowded" on game days...

One thing you can count on, hi-density housing and retail will surround all the train stations within a few short years of operation.

http://www.gohartaa.org/pdfs/board_meeting_101810.pdf

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

So wait....did you just say if Light Rail fails....then USF gets a new Stadium, bars and strip clubs?!? Woo Hoo!  ;D

I see what you did there  ;)

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

I'd rather have a stadium strip bar for those Stony Brook kind of games.

Imagine what the Glazers could charge for that!

Here is the link:  http://usfweb2.usf.edu/facilitiesplan/Projects/FAW_537_AE.pdf

Since it has a project number and it's on the USF procurement page they must feel confident that the funding will be there.

Sure looks like the real deal, with submittal dates and all, but I'll start rejoicing when I see an official announcement ...

This is just a request for proposals... they may all come back too high... or funds may not be available for years... and USF could always re-issue the RFP.

The good news here is USF has apparently decided it would be better to renovate the Sun Dome than to build a new arena.

That is all anyone should take from this until an announcement is made for FUNDING the project.

So after the Dome is upgraded.....what would be left for the athletics department to do.....hmmmmm.....

Upgrades:

Basketball... check

Softball...check

Baseball...check

Soccer...check

Tennis...check

Olympics...check

Football practice... check

FOOTBALL STADIUM............................... ?

:stirpot :satan :stirpot

Per Adam Adkins blog:

As for the on-campus stadium, I spoke with USF director of athletics Doug Woolard about that this week. USF is in the process of building new baseball, softball and soccer stadiums, as well as new practice facilities for football and the basketball teams. The next project regarding facilities will be a renovation for the Sun Dome, according to Woolard.

Now, Woolard did say it would be “ideal†to have an on-campus football stadium at USF, but added “it’s an expensive venture that if it happens probably won’t be until down the road sometime.†He also added the university is more than happy with its current arrangement with Raymond James Stadium.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/bulls-qa/

Archived