• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Louisville, USF on right path despite records

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Blogger is reaching pretty deep here. Right now things are just being done differently than they were.  It doesn't mean it is better. Time will bear out if its better. When you are 3rd to last to last in 3rd down conversions in the country, have set program lows in yardage in 2 consecutive weeks and have gone 2 full conference games without a TD it is not better. When the coaching staff AND the QB continue to make the same mistakes things are not getting better.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

They need to pull BJ to show me they are serious about change....fan opinion only

• Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Can anyone show me the article in which a coach, commentator, or analyst said that BJ has no chance of being a good college QB?

Guest nybullsfan

Can anyone show me the article in which a coach, commentator, or analyst said that BJ has no chance of being a good college QB?

Oh c'mon! TBP'ers are far better at recognizing talent than any of those rank amateurs you mention. What're you thinking?!?!

• Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

Holtz is trying to make Daniels more of a pocket passer than someone who just runs around and makes plays off improvisation. That has been a slow process, but it's a necessary one. For too long, the Bulls offense was based too much on the quarterback's scrambling and inventiveness, and when that didn't work not much else did. This offense will be much better off and much more multi-dimensional once the quarterback situation improves.

+1

so many years have been dependent on the improvisational skills of Blackwell, Grothe, and Daniels.  We finally have a staff that can DEVELOP a true QB, instead of just having one take a snap and just run around waiting for secondaries to break down.

How dare you speak such logic on this board?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Holtz is trying to make Daniels more of a pocket passer than someone who just runs around and makes plays off improvisation. That has been a slow process, but it's a necessary one. For too long, the Bulls offense was based too much on the quarterback's scrambling and inventiveness, and when that didn't work not much else did. This offense will be much better off and much more multi-dimensional once the quarterback situation improves.

+1

so many years have been dependent on the improvisational skills of Blackwell, Grothe, and Daniels.  We finally have a staff that can DEVELOP a true QB, instead of just having one take a snap and just run around waiting for secondaries to break down.

NCAA Passing Efficiency Rankings

USF

2009  39

2008  37

2007  76

ECU

2009  82

2008  46

2007  50

Right ... We should see a HUGE difference.  ::)

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

+1

Agree with you about Grothe and Daniels, not so much Blackwell.  He could run when things broke down, but the offense wasn't predicated on his running ability.  There was definitely a system in place and he ran it well. He was also the least likely to make a mistake, and it's not even close.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

+1

Problem is not every QB can be developed... some have already petered out and I doubt that Daniels is anything but a talented athlete with one hell of an arm.

I agree with the article that we will get better and that is gonna be due to personnel changes (i.e. BJD leaving or graduating) and not because BJ finally transforms into a real QB.

:2cents

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

+1

NCAA Passing Efficiency Rankings

USF

2009  39

2008  37

2007  76

ECU

2009  82

2008  46

2007  50

Right ... We should see a HUGE difference.  ::)

Man crush on pjl, not that there's anything wrong with that. Give Skip at least 3 years to get his players, inot his sytsem, and then compare the 2 staffs. If any of you pjl lovers really think that we had a system the last few years, you are kidding yourselves. The last "system" we had was with Andre, 3 steps and a hand off.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Wow! It's embarrassing to be part of an uneducated and non supportive (Tampa Bay) fan base in the entire country. I love and will stick by my teams despite some of the non supportive and uneducated fans of Tampa Bay. And I understand that we have some diehard Leavitt supporters who is full of joy to see the Bulls struggling. I also understand some of Bay area fans LOVE to use excuses on why they don't suppport the teams. With the Bulls it's either, the QB, Leavitt got fired, or they're not the Florida Gators. With the Rays it's too far. " When they move the team to Tampa from St. Petersburg, RUSSIA, I'll start going." The Bucs can't sale out a game, when the Lions, Rams can. This area just not a sport town.

Archived