• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Louisville, USF on right path despite records

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Wow! It's embarrassing to be part of an uneducated and non supportive (Tampa Bay) fan base in the entire country. I love and will stick by my teams despite some of the non supportive and uneducated fans of Tampa Bay. And I understand that we have some diehard Leavitt supporters who is full of joy to see the Bulls struggling. I also understand some of Bay area fans LOVE to use excuses on why they don't suppport the teams. With the Bulls it's either, the QB, Leavitt got fired, or they're not the Florida Gators. With the Rays it's too far. " When they move the team to Tampa from St. Petersburg, RUSSIA, I'll start going." The Bucs can't sale out a game, when the Lions, Rams can. This area just not a sport town.

I don't disagree with you regarding fans in the Tampa Bay area. Something that is hard to understand for me seeing sold out stadiums all over the country (even for teams that are just as bad us). Where I strongly disagree with you is where you say that some CJL fans enjoy to see the Bulls struggling. Everyone on this board (except maybe the UCF fans that sometimes frequent here), every Bulls fan in this country, no matter how they felt about CJL, or how much they criticize coach Holtz, want Coach Holtz to succeed here. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,027

Wow! It's embarrassing to be part of an uneducated and non supportive (Tampa Bay) fan base in the entire country. I love and will stick by my teams despite some of the non supportive and uneducated fans of Tampa Bay. And I understand that we have some diehard Leavitt supporters who is full of joy to see the Bulls struggling. I also understand some of Bay area fans LOVE to use excuses on why they don't suppport the teams. With the Bulls it's either, the QB, Leavitt got fired, or they're not the Florida Gators. With the Rays it's too far. " When they move the team to Tampa from St. Petersburg, RUSSIA, I'll start going." The Bucs can't sale out a game, when the Lions, Rams can. This area just not a sport town.

I don't disagree with you regarding fans in the Tampa Bay area. Something that is hard to understand for me seeing sold out stadiums all over the country (even for teams that are just as bad us). Where I strongly disagree with you is where you say that some CJL fans enjoy to see the Bulls struggling. Everyone on this board (except maybe the UCF fans that sometimes frequent here), every Bulls fan in this country, no matter how they felt about CJL, or how much they criticize coach Holtz, want Coach Holtz to succeed here. 

It's most likely because they were raised to unconditionally support that team.  As were their fathers and their fathers' fathers.  We get to see all of the firsts of USF football, but we don't get the benefits of a program that has been pumping out football crazed alumni for a century.  Like it or lump it, that's the flavor of the sauce.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Wow! It's embarrassing to be part of an uneducated and non supportive (Tampa Bay) fan base in the entire country.

Oh good. More fans lecturing other fans about how to be a proper fan. I do love these. You should be careful though, if you pat yourself on the back any harder, you might hurt yourself.

I love and will stick by my teams despite some of the non supportive and uneducated fans of Tampa Bay. And I understand that we have some diehard Leavitt supporters who is full of joy to see the Bulls struggling.

Care to give a name? Who is happy to see the Bulls losing? Because you "understand" it, I'm guessing it's not unreasonable to ask for some evidence. Or was this a bunch of ********?

I also understand some of Bay area fans LOVE to use excuses on why they don't suppport the teams. With the Bulls it's either, the QB, Leavitt got fired, or they're not the Florida Gators. With the Rays it's too far. " When they move the team to Tampa from St. Petersburg, RUSSIA, I'll start going." The Bucs can't sale out a game, when the Lions, Rams can. This area just not a sport town.

The Rams are behind the Bucs this year both in terms of total attendance and as a percentage of their stadium. The Lions are slightly ahead of the Bucs, but haven't had a home sell out this year. There are very, very, very few instances ever of teams being bad and yet having the same attendance they do when they are good. But don't let these facts get in the way of your, uh, "argument."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Also, last year, when the Bucs went 3-13 and were among the worst teams in the league, they still managed to average 96 percent capacity at home for the season. You don't know what you're talking about.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2009

• Content Count:  225

I agree with a lot with you said.  I use to defend Tampa Fans till recently.  When someone would blast us about the Rays, I would say well the reason why is because the stadium is too far from majority of the fans.  13% of the Tampa Bay Area fans live within 25 minutes of Tropicana Field.  That is dead last in the MLB.  Then someone would ask me about the Tampa Bay Bucs.   My comeback than was the economy is really bad and tickets are expensive.  I will go on to say, Tampa is a football town and they can't sell out Ray Jay... so it has to be the economy.    So it wasn't too hard to argue those cases but when it comes to USF, it's almost impossible to defend some of our fans.   Our tickets are the cheapest in the BCS and we are centrally located.  I posted a thread a while back (in which I regret), where I went on a rant because I went to a game where half of Ray Jay left when it was still winnable by USF.  Brian Bennet has blasted our fan base (with good reason).  I ask random fans why don't you support the Bulls... and their response is if the product on the field is worth watching, I'll go/stay at the game...If it isn’t,  I won't.  To me, I felt that is a definition of a fair-weather fan.    The only thing I disagree with you on is people wanting Holtz to fail because they are Leavitt fans.  I feel that all USF fans want the team to succeed despite who the head coach is.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Ok joy in seeing the Bulls struggle is little too strong.  But I do feel that they do have a LITTLE satisfaction seeing Holtz is struggling just a bit.

• Content Count:  509

Ok joy in seeing the Bulls struggle is little too strong.  But I do feel that they do have a LITTLE satisfaction seeing Holtz is struggling just a bit.

Every Bull remembers the joy they felt when USF beat FSU last year, when we made that last second FG against Kansas, or when we beat WVU and Auburn in 2007, and got all the way to Number 2. Every Bull also remembers the disappointment they felt when we got whooped by Oregon, or when we had our second half of the season slumps.

Every Bull wants to get back that feeling of being on top again, so I think not one Bull is getting satisfaction seeing us struggle right now, not even a little bit. Every Bull is rooting for Coach Holtz!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

interesting.

I say ********.  We're on the right path when we're actually winning games and not until then.

true

but ul hadmore talent than usf to start

you must give holtz 3 recruiting classes

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think one Bulls fan takes satisfaction in any way watching the team play badly.

I think some guys on here do find it kind of funny to point out to all the people that would constantly spout off about how horrible Leavitt was and "if we only had a better coach" or my all time favorite "well we should be better just because we are in Florida and the coaches suck".  I think the vitriole is aimed more at the ridiculous statements by the fans and not at seeing the team struggle.

• Content Count:  4,501

Also, last year, when the Bucs went 3-13 and were among the worst teams in the league, they still managed to average 96 percent capacity at home for the season. You don't know what you're talking about.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2009

I know I don't what I am talking about but without looking at anything I can tell you the Giants,Bears and Packers are sold out no matter what their record is.  may be a few others.  I am thinking maybe the Redskins ?

Archived