• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Didn't get to see the WVa game. Just watching on DVR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

Numerous times, the commentators have mentioned how big a threat BJ is when on the run, breaking down defenses & throwing on the run.  They've also mentioned (referring to BJ) how this new offense is trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Then at half time, Lou Holtz said he loves his son, but should've learned from late first half in the Florida game, to keep things simple and go into half in good shape.

In other words ENOUGH ragging on BJ, it's obviously not all his fault!

if we cant even attempt to go down the field with a minute left and a few timeouts in our pocket, then BJ is definitely no the answer.

also, since you're watching on the dvr.  watch that half time interception again.  the receiver was running towards the sideline.  BJ was told throw it towards the sideline.  that is a very safe play. he either catches it on the sideline or its thrown out of bounds.  Unless BJ decides to throw it 5 yds behind the receiver!

so true

Looking at BJ, at what point would people recommend we stop playing it safe by taking a knee and start playing football? 

sooner or later we probably should run an offensive play.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Yes, that was why Lou Holtz said Skip should've been more conservative that late in the half, that deep in their on territory.

He should have, but only because BJ has demonstrated he cannot be trusted in those situations. 

I wouldn't say it's that more than it's that we were on our 14 yard line and don't have the offense to get in field goal range in 50 seconds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Yes, that was why Lou Holtz said Skip should've been more conservative that late in the half, that deep in their on territory.

He should have, but only because BJ has demonstrated he cannot be trusted in those situations. 

I wouldn't say it's that more than it's that we were on our 14 yard line and don't have the offense to get in field goal range in 50 seconds.

Seriously, how many teams would actually throw the ball in that situation, in a close game, no matter how their offense is?

Seriously, how many teams would actually throw the ball in that situation, in a close game, no matter how their offense is?

There is 1 that I know of

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

There's a willing suspension of candor these days.  Unfortunately this program went through a change that divided its fans and now those that previously laid all blame (necessary and unnecessary) on the HC can lay none there now.  Calling it a "rebuilding" is also part of the ruse.  Hopefully we get through this mess in one piece.

all wv did against bj is the same thing that syracuse, florida did and rutgers did last year.  the gameplan is there.

That is also how Cincinnati & Rutgers defended us while Grothe was QB as well.  This has been the formula on how to stop our offense for years......

Ahh Bull Dozer - we have average almost 20 points a game against Cinci while in the BE.  It may not be great but isn't like they completely shut us down.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I actually like the call.  You're trying to give a spark to a lethargic offense.  It should have been a safe call as explained.  If it's open, throw it.  If not, run or throw it away.  No where did Skip tell BJ that one of the options was to throw it 2 yards behind the receiver.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

There's a willing suspension of candor these days.  Unfortunately this program went through a change that divided its fans and now those that previously laid all blame (necessary and unnecessary) on the HC can lay none there now.  Calling it a "rebuilding" is also part of the ruse.  Hopefully we get through this mess in one piece.

all wv did against bj is the same thing that syracuse, florida did and rutgers did last year.  the gameplan is there.

That is also how Cincinnati & Rutgers defended us while Grothe was QB as well.  This has been the formula on how to stop our offense for years......

Ahh Bull Dozer - we have average almost 20 points a game against Cinci while in the BE.  It may not be great but isn't like they completely shut us down.

The 05 and 07 games prop up the scoring average, in 05 Cinci only won 4 games and fielded it's worst team since coming into the BE.  Other than those two years we have struggled to put up points against Cinci since the move to the BE. 

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I actually like the call.  You're trying to give a spark to a lethargic offense.  It should have been a safe call as explained.  If it's open, throw it.  If not, run or throw it away.  No where did Skip tell BJ that one of the options was to throw it 2 yards behind the receiver.

wow!! you like a pass play called on our own 14 yard line with 50 seconds left with our personnel ?? yikes

talk about terrible risk vs reward.

you should coach the cowboys. a similar play call lost them the game against the redskins with tony romo and an all star receiving cast. everybody in the country dumped on them for a terrible call and you want us to do the same with one of the least efficient QBs in the country and a bunch of converted receivers.

I actually like the call.  You're trying to give a spark to a lethargic offense.

That was not the time or place for that type of play call. We were getting the ball first in the second half, so run the clock out and regroup at halftime.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Under normal circumstances I would agree that wasn't the time or place, but we hadn't done anything on offense for basically 8 quarters.  The team needed a spark and like I said, BJ was instructed only to take the shot if it were there.  If he throws it to the receiver's left and low, instead of right and high, we're not talking about it right now.

Archived