• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Didn't get to see the WVa game. Just watching on DVR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Also, there was nothing to indicate that getting the ball at the start of the second half would have been a benefit.  In fact, we still got the ball at the start of the half and we did nothing with it.

If we were moving the ball and just not getting it in or if our defense had been creating turnovers it would be different.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We scored 3 points on our first drive of the second half.

I'd much rather have a 4 point deficit at that point in the game.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

+1

I don't see how anyone thinks a pass in that situation is smart.

Under normal circumstances I would agree that wasn't the time or place, but we hadn't done anything on offense for basically 8 quarters.  The team needed a spark and like I said, BJ was instructed only to take the shot if it were there.  If he throws it to the receiver's left and low, instead of right and high, we're not talking about it right now.

it was a 15 yard route. complete it and we are at our own 29 yard line. what good does that do?

I could understand if they threw it 60 yards down field, maybe. even that would have been stupid risking a sack/fumble.

+1

I don't see how anyone thinks a pass in that situation is smart.

I didn't say it was, "smart".  In fact I will agree it would be stupid in most situations.  All I said was that in that particular situation of that particular game, with the way we had been playing, I liked the call.  I think sometimes you just have to try something to give your team a boost.

It just my opinion.

Under normal circumstances I would agree that wasn't the time or place, but we hadn't done anything on offense for basically 8 quarters.  The team needed a spark and like I said, BJ was instructed only to take the shot if it were there.  If he throws it to the receiver's left and low, instead of right and high, we're not talking about it right now.

it was a 15 yard route. complete it and we are at our own 29 yard line. what good does that do?

I could understand if they threw it 60 yards down field, maybe. even that would have been stupid risking a sack/fumble.

Yes, it was a 15 yard route, but the receiver was open and you don't know what the YAC would have been.  They had time to get into field goal range.  Again, I agree it was risky (obviously).

Yes, it was a 15 yard route, but the receiver was open and you don't know what the YAC would have been.  They had time to get into field goal range.  Again, I agree it was risky (obviously).

there were 3 guys on the receiver. he was not open.

we needed 60 yards in 50 seconds to get into field goal range.

we had 202 for the entire game.

That works out to 3.36 yards per minute.

Giving them an easy TD within 1 minute of the half essentially gave the game away.

BTW they tried to pass the ball inside our 30 just before the half against both WKU and UF.

Both resulted in interceptions and in the case of UF it cost us momentum and a first half shutout.

You would think the coaches would have learned better. I guess not.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think sometimes you just have to try something to give your team a boost.

It just my opinion.

I agree with that opinion 100%. That play call was just a terrible time to even consider it.

• Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Giving them an easy TD within 1 minute of the half essentially gave the game away.

BTW they tried to pass the ball inside our 30 just before the half against both WKU and UF.

Both resulted in interceptions and in the case of UF it cost us momentum and a first half shutout.

Not defending BJ's level of play this year but there was one defender behind Landi and Landi made no effort to come back to the ball. Carlton Mitchell (#1), AJ Love (#2) and Dontavia Bogan (#3) (the starting 3 receivers we thought BJ would be going to at the end of last year) would have sensed the defender on his back and made an effort to come back to ball. Other two INTs were bad.

Not defending bj daniels level of play this year but there was one defender behind Landi and Landi made no effort to come back to the ball. Carlton Mitchell (#1), AJ Love (#2) and Dontavia Bogan (#3) (the starting 3 receivers we thought BJ would be going to at the end of last year) would have sensed the defender on his back and made an effort to come back to ball. Other two INTs were bad.

He lost 7 of his top 8 receivers from last year. that doesn't help any developing QB.

the coaches have not been putting him into great positions.

He was asked to pass the ball inside our 30 with under a minute left in the half in 3 games this year.

twice on the road.

all 3times resulted in interceptions.

that's terrible situational play calling.

Archived