• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's darkest before the dawn...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Frankly, my dears, I don't give a ****, nor wonder what anyone else here does or why they might behave as they do. Read my sig.

All I was saying was that when I recognised that certain behavior became disfunctional and counterproductive in my own life, I made a conscious decision to change that behavior and my life is better for it.

If someone reads that and interprets it as a personal attack on them, that is their choice.

Life is short, and the few days we are given are far too precious to me to spend them with negative feelings about things I cannot control.

Hell, I try to stay positive even about the negative things I CAN control.

We're all brothers and sisters in Bulldom, so please join with me in a nice round of Kumbaya, LOL

:P

banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The receiving crew we had last year, which is head and shoulders above the one we have now, was recruited during the PJ days, aka the days where Andre Hall was our only offense.  We still managed to get WR's in here when we had a terrible passing game then so i don't see why it's impossible now.  Also if you're a good HS receiver the opportunity for early PT is pretty **** evident from the WR play we are getting currently.  

Wow, so other than calling out our current receivers as trash yet again, what do you have to offer?  That good-to-great HS receivers will come here for playing time?  Really, when the ball doesn't come near them?  What are they hoping for; To run up and down the field? To get uncatchable balls thrown behind them?  So they can be a quadraplegic when they try to make a superhuman catch on an uncatchable ball across the middle?  Yeah, that makes sense to me  ::)

First the poster did not say our wr are "trash". They are mostly not D-I quality wideouts yet. Second he stated while we had Pat Julmiste (aka the dark passing days) we were able to recruit our best wr group in our short history (TJ, Hester, Love, etc).

Read and understand others posts before getting panties in a bunch.

Got me thinking. Is Bogan a 4 year or 5th year senior. If he was redhirted that means Griff is the only true WR picked up during the Grothe era. If Bogan is a true senior that means we got 2. Either way this disproves hbryan's point about the productivity of your passing game gets you top notch WR recruits. Out of the 3 year MG8 era we got one maybe 2 as explained above.

Oops my bad. Forgot about Carlton.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

In your obviously agitated state

Glad to see you got that Trip because I layed it on mighty thick.  ;)

, you missed his point entirely

No, I got his point although directness is not a quality nybullsfan obviously possesses in abundance.  When you're directly quoting someone and you're throwing out all sorts of personal slights, innuendo, etc, why pussyfoot around?  To illustrate my point please see his quotes below as a response to what I wrote.

I also have no need to brag about the size of my contributions, or the depth of my indignation, or the length of my fanhood, as my self-worth is not tied up in the success or failure of anyone but myself.

My, my, let's take a jab (cuz that's the way internet tough guys do it) and pat myself on the back for being the quintessential Bulls fan by being able to ignore losses and mediocrity.  Wow, you are so special  ;)

And here's another after quoting me:

It's common for folks with inferiority complexes to "hitch their star" to someone or something else and bask in the reflected glory. It was especially present with the Cowboys, Yankees, 'Canes, et al back in the day.

They're annoyingly arrogant when their team plays well, and annoyingly whiney when they play poorly. Pretty much annoying all 'round.

So it's easy to understand it. What's more puzzling is that people continue this behavior even after they've been made aware of what they're doing.

All this from someone who doesn't contribute to this site and who has enough disdain about people who contribute to the athletic department as to call them braggart's.  But hey, he's on his podium of self-righteous indignation and along with his BFF's can wax philosophically about the rubes who don't see things the way they see them.

I got it now but don't try to tell me that his personal slights were any less personal because he wasn't as direct as I am. That's BS and everyone reading through this thread with even an iota of intelligence knows otherwise.

Frankly, it's a whole lot easier to have a lassez faire attitude about the team and it's performance when your contributions are limited to what you can catch on TV from 1500 miles away.

See, that's not a personal slight against you, I'm just saying......... Please, you know better, I certainly know better, and anyone reading it should know better. That is a personal attack and one that I would expect you to respond to if I actually meant it, I don't, and I simply list it to show you how I could play this ridiculous game, if I thought it to be worth my efforts. It's not, it's "high school" and both of us should be well beyond that.

All I was saying was that when I recognised that certain behavior became disfunctional and counterproductive in my own life, I made a conscious decision to change that behavior and my life is better for it.

If someone reads that and interprets it as a personal attack on them, that is their choice.

Come on dude, you quoted me and hence responded to me.  You said it......so OWN it.  Don't be disingenuous, it's very unbecoming and really juvenile, to say the least.

We're all brothers and sisters in Bulldom, so please join with me in a nice round of Kumbaya, LOL

Now this is something I can agree with!  Kumbaya    :)

Guest nybullsfan

No reason to give in it to that temptation to **** throats, IMO. If you get upset by something, it's your choice. You could also choose to not get upset.

I'm just an old man looking back, and reminiscing about how I used to get upset by things outside my control, and try to no longer do so. By choice.

And for our next musical interlude...

_UKvpONl3No

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

No reason to give in it to that temptation to **** throats, IMO. If you get upset by something, it's your choice. You could also choose to not get upset.

I'm just an old man looking back, and reminiscing about how I used to get upset by things outside my control, and try to no longer do so. By choice.

And for our next musical interlude...

_UKvpONl3No

Here's a song by the same Power Trio to even further help the mood ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik2uc69WbU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

OK, lets assume you are right, what are you going to do about it? That's right, nothing, because as individuals the team doesn't give two squirts what the fan thinks. No team does, as an entity it can't. So you can expend energy ******** or you can just have fun watching the games and being happy when they win or depressed when they lose. Bottom line, it's entertainment that you as an individual has no impact on.

And this from the guy that just started a thread about hour low USF is rated with Div IAA teams ahead of them.  Little bit of the pot calling the kettle black, don't ya think?  I guess your jsut flexing your internet tough-guy muscles, huh?

Yes, that is what I do often, I am an overweight middle aged father of two who gets his kicks by flexing "internet tough-guy muscles". No ya jackwagon, i was flexing my "internet stating the obvious muscles."

Fact 1). You can expend energy complaining or you can keep quiet. Those are your two options and the team doesn't care if you do either.

Fact 2). Those 1AA teams are(were) rated ahead of USF, I wasn't complaining merely pointing out the facts, you interpreted them however you want.

Bottom line is a) Neither of the posts have anything to do with each other aside from the fact they had to do with college football. B) I wasn't calling anyone out or flexing my muscles I was stating facts. Sounds like someone else is having a good time flexing "internet tough-guy muscles".

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

OK, lets assume you are right, what are you going to do about it? That's right, nothing, because as individuals the team doesn't give two squirts what the fan thinks. No team does, as an entity it can't. So you can expend energy ******** or you can just have fun watching the games and being happy when they win or depressed when they lose. Bottom line, it's entertainment that you as an individual has no impact on.

And this from the guy that just started a thread about hour low USF is rated with Div IAA teams ahead of them.  Little bit of the pot calling the kettle black, don't ya think?  I guess your jsut flexing your internet tough-guy muscles, huh?

Yes, that is what I do often, I am an overweight middle aged father of two who gets his kicks by flexing "internet tough-guy muscles". No ya jackwagon, i was flexing my "internet stating the obvious muscles."

Fact 1). You can expend energy complaining or you can keep quiet. Those are your two options and the team doesn't care if you do either.

Fact 2). Those 1AA teams are(were) rated ahead of USF, I wasn't complaining merely pointing out the facts, you interpreted them however you want.

Bottom line is a) Neither of the posts have anything to do with each other aside from the fact they had to do with college football. B) I wasn't calling anyone out or flexing my muscles I was stating facts. Sounds like someone else is having a good time flexing "internet tough-guy muscles".

I hope that Brad always selects his Mods appropriately so that some clown's totalitarian ideas of a sports forum can never be enforced.  Watch out cophbulls, you might actually hurt yourself with all that goose-stepping.  ;)

Archived