• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's darkest before the dawn...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

How many TD passes did UF throw last week? So, do you really think that NEXT YEAR whoever is playing QB will as ineffective as we are now? All 3 QB's on the roster will have had 2 Springs, and 2 Falls prior to playing the first game. You honestly think that we can't improve at all between now and then? What uf recievers are in the NFL?

No BBM, I'm not saying we won't be better this year or next.  I'm certainly hoping that we are better but I don't see how adding TRex to the WR mix helps with our current issues.  There has been a stubborness to stick with the current personnel in light of our huge failures on offense.  Will the coaching staff make changes or are we doomed to fail miserably this year, thereby affecting next year?  I hope they make whatever changes are necessary to win now but who knows. 

I'm sure that Steve Kragthorpe (remember, he took 2-10 Houston to 8-5 and then to the CUSA title prior to becoming HC of Louisville-sounds eerily familiar) never thought that he would have three years of massive failures but sometimes being accepting of a very poor first year (they're poor first year was 6-6 but they lost to Syracuse?) can set you up for unintended failures in latter years.  I don't want to end up sitting in a quarter-full stadium year after next with a bunch of paper bag wearing idiots.  It'll be tough coughing up coin for that kind of embarrassment.

Back in the 0-26 days I learned not to measure my own sense of self-worth by the actions of others, so I can no longer be embarrassed by anything they do, only by things I do (which have been plenty enough, believe me).

+1 with a bullet ... I cannot comprehend this "embarrassment" phobia more than a few appear to have on here.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

How many TD passes did UF throw last week? So, do you really think that NEXT YEAR whoever is playing QB will as ineffective as we are now? All 3 QB's on the roster will have had 2 Springs, and 2 Falls prior to playing the first game. You honestly think that we can't improve at all between now and then? What uf recievers are in the NFL?

No BBM, I'm not saying we won't be better this year or next.  I'm certainly hoping that we are better but I don't see how adding TRex to the WR mix helps with our current issues.  There has been a stubborness to stick with the current personnel in light of our huge failures on offense.  Will the coaching staff make changes or are we doomed to fail miserably this year, thereby affecting next year?  I hope they make whatever changes are necessary to win now but who knows. 

I'm sure that Steve Kragthorpe (remember, he took 2-10 Houston to 8-5 and then to the CUSA title prior to becoming HC of Louisville-sounds eerily familiar) never thought that he would have three years of massive failures but sometimes being accepting of a very poor first year (they're poor first year was 6-6 but they lost to Syracuse?) can set you up for unintended failures in latter years.  I don't want to end up sitting in a quarter-full stadium year after next with a bunch of paper bag wearing idiots.  It'll be tough coughing up coin for that kind of embarrassment.

I'm pretty sure that we actually agree, things need to be corrected and changes need to be made. I'm just trying to be more positive. I save my negative outlook for my persoanl life.  ;D

Guest nybullsfan

Back in the 0-26 days I learned not to measure my own sense of self-worth by the actions of others, so I can no longer be embarrassed by anything they do, only by things I do (which have been plenty enough, believe me).

+1 with a bullet ... I cannot comprehend this "embarrassment" phobia more than a few appear to have on here.

It's common for folks with inferiority complexes to "hitch their star" to someone or something else and bask in the reflected glory. It was especially present with the Cowboys, Yankees, 'Canes, et al back in the day.

They're annoyingly arrogant when their team plays well, and annoyingly whiney when they play poorly. Pretty much annoying all 'round.

So it's easy to understand it. What's more puzzling is that people continue this behavior even after they've been made aware of what they're doing. That's the sad part. But it's their own choice.

Enough philosophizin' for one day, let's get back to bashing BJ. Umm, on second thought, let's not. >:D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

+999999999 My 19 year old neice went to the Bucs game Sunday. She said that it was the worst game that they'd ever played. I told her that she's too young to know about the "DARK DAYS". Didn't all of our professional teams combine for the worst winning % of any major league cities.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,259

I also have no need to brag about the size of my contributions, or the depth of my indignation, or the length of my fanhood, as my self-worth is not tied up in the success or failure of anyone but myself.

All-in-all, it's been an improvement in my outlook. Just sayin...

My indignation is with ******** who think that I need to keep my mouth shut and that a sports forum should be cheerleading only?  Who the **** are you?  When someone says I have no right nor a reasonable expectation that the team and alma mater I support should succeed, I say stick it up your ass and anyone elses that says that I'm out of line.  That's not bragging dipshit, that's defining the situation that I'm not some neer-do-well who has no skin in the game and just wants to be negative for the sake of being negative.  I'll expect to only see sunshine and unicorns concerning anything related to the team and their performance from you from now on.........otherwise your nothing more than a hypocrite.  Unbelievable how many internet tough guys this site has that want to somehow try and flex their fake over-righteous bonafides at every opportunity, while at the same time voicing many of the same items I've brought up in this thread.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

I also have no need to brag about the size of my contributions, or the depth of my indignation, or the length of my fanhood, as my self-worth is not tied up in the success or failure of anyone but myself.

All-in-all, it's been an improvement in my outlook. Just sayin...

My indignation is with ******** who think that I need to keep my mouth shut and that a sports forum should be cheerleading only?  Who the **** are you?  When someone says I have no right nor a reasonable expectation that the team and alma mater I support should succeed, I say stick it up your ass and anyone elses that says that I'm out of line.  That's not bragging dipshit, that's defining the situation that I'm not some neer-do-well who has no skin in the game and just wants to be negative for the sake of being negative.  I'll expect to only see sunshine and unicorns concerning anything related to the team and their performance from you from now on.........otherwise your nothing more than a hypocrite.  Unbelievable how many internet tough guys this site has that want to somehow try and flex their fake over-righteous bonafides at every opportunity, while at the same time voicing many of the same items I've brought up in this thread.

In your obviously agitated state, you missed his point entirely .... and it had nothing to do with keeping your mouth shut. To put it succinctly, he, like some others of us, wonders why YOU are embarrassed by something you have no control over whatsoever.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Classic tbp thread

Guest nybullsfan

Frankly, my dears, I don't give a ****, nor wonder what anyone else here does or why they might behave as they do. Read my sig.

All I was saying was that when I recognised that certain behavior became disfunctional and counterproductive in my own life, I made a conscious decision to change that behavior and my life is better for it.

If someone reads that and interprets it as a personal attack on them, that is their choice.

Life is short, and the few days we are given are far too precious to me to spend them with negative feelings about things I cannot control.

Hell, I try to stay positive even about the negative things I CAN control.

We're all brothers and sisters in Bulldom, so please join with me in a nice round of Kumbaya, LOL

:P

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Frankly, my dears, I don't give a ****, nor wonder what anyone else here does or why they might behave as they do. Read my sig.

All I was saying was that when I recognised that certain behavior became disfunctional and counterproductive in my own life, I made a conscious decision to change that behavior and my life is better for it.

If someone reads that and interprets it as a personal attack on them, that is their choice.

Life is short, and the few days we are given are far too precious to me to spend them with negative feelings about things I cannot control.

Hell, I try to stay positive even about the negative things I CAN control.

We're all brothers and sisters in Bulldom, so please join with me in a nice round of Kumbaya, LOL

:P

I'll get the drums.  :hippy

Archived