• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's darkest before the dawn...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

We won't get decent WR's if this offensive offense continues, that much is guaranteeable.  No decent WR is coming to a program averaging 125 yards per game and 3 pts.  Plus the fact that no one is going to want to run crossing routes with the kind of passes that are being made ......... talk about being hung-out-to-dry!  Then the trickle down effect to defensive recruits.  This could be really ugly in February.

If Skip doesn't right this thing soon, we may have Krapthorpe II right here in Tampa where recruiting consists of getting 2nd rate JUCO trash and NAIA talent instead of quality HS blue chippers.  Talking a good game is over with...........it's time to start winning.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

hahahaha

we need more talent

and we cant get that until next year

sit back and relax

You don't get better talent by tanking in the BE.  Whoever thinks that we don't have the talent to compete in the BE needs to get off the pipe.  Why are we rebuilding? and with two and three star recruits?  You people are precious   ::)   

What is baffling to me is that we have most of our recruiting class together for next year, and there is only one WR commit right now; one who is either lowly rated or not rated at all at this point. We need to bring in atleast two highly rated WR's in the off season that can produce right away.

Also we need one more highly rated QB commit as well. Also missing right now are 4 star recruits (we had 2- 3 four star recruits at this point last year and even more the years before) or ESPN 150 players ( we had two last year). Recruit, recruit, recruit! Still time left to get some big names to commit and sign for USF on signing day.

We have maybe half our class for this year. You won't see a complete class (as theses guys could decommit too) until Feburary. Way too early to make a call on recruiting since its not even close to completion.

Based on the ESPN website we currently have 14 commits.  Around how many recruits can we sign on signing day?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We won't get decent WR's if this offensive offense continues, that much is guaranteeable.  No decent WR is coming to a program averaging 125 yards per game and 3 pts.  Plus the fact that no one is going to want to run crossing routes with the kind of passes that are being made ......... talk about being hung-out-to-dry!  Then the trickle down effect to defensive recruits.  This could be really ugly in February.

If Skip doesn't right this thing soon, we may have Krapthorpe II right here in Tampa where recruiting consists of getting 2nd rate JUCO trash and NAIA talent instead of quality HS blue chippers.  Talking a good game is over with...........it's time to start winning.

The receiving crew we had last year, which is head and shoulders above the one we have now, was recruited during the PJ days, aka the days where Andre Hall was our only offense.  We still managed to get WR's in here when we had a terrible passing game then so i don't see why it's impossible now.  Also if you're a good HS receiver the opportunity for early PT is pretty **** evident from the WR play we are getting currently.  

hahahaha

we need more talent

and we cant get that until next year

sit back and relax

You don't get better talent by tanking in the BE.  Whoever thinks that we don't have the talent to compete in the BE needs to get off the pipe.  Why are we rebuilding? and with two and three star recruits?  You people are precious   ::)   

What is baffling to me is that we have most of our recruiting class together for next year, and there is only one WR commit right now; one who is either lowly rated or not rated at all at this point. We need to bring in atleast two highly rated WR's in the off season that can produce right away.

Also we need one more highly rated QB commit as well. Also missing right now are 4 star recruits (we had 2- 3 four star recruits at this point last year and even more the years before) or ESPN 150 players ( we had two last year). Recruit, recruit, recruit! Still time left to get some big names to commit and sign for USF on signing day.

We have maybe half our class for this year. You won't see a complete class (as theses guys could decommit too) until Feburary. Way too early to make a call on recruiting since its not even close to completion.

Based on the ESPN website we currently have 14 commits.  Around how many recruits can we sign on signing day?

Depends on kids who plan on transferring out, if any of the current kids will be greyshirted, etc.  We could sign anywhere from 8-11 more kids depending on how things shake out. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We can draw lessons from the past, but we cannot live in it.

I was a big "Leavitt Apologist," according to some.  I shall remain in the same optimistic camp.  While this season is all but lost, I still feel Holtz can turn it around.  I'll be a little more disappointed if we're in the same spot next year, but year three will be Holtz's do or die year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

I was a big "Leavitt Apologist," according to some.  I shall remain in the same optimistic camp.  While this season is all but lost, I still feel Holtz can turn it around.  I'll be a little more disappointed if we're in the same spot next year, but year three will be Holtz's do or die year.

GREAT POST! New coaches usually get 3 years to have the program in much better shape than the previous staff. Hopefully we can show some improvement this season.

• Content Count:  4,259

The receiving crew we had last year, which is head and shoulders above the one we have now, was recruited during the PJ days, aka the days where Andre Hall was our only offense.  We still managed to get WR's in here when we had a terrible passing game then so i don't see why it's impossible now.  Also if you're a good HS receiver the opportunity for early PT is pretty **** evident from the WR play we are getting currently.  

Wow, so other than calling out our current receivers as trash yet again, what do you have to offer?  That good-to-great HS receivers will come here for playing time?  Really, when the ball doesn't come near them?  What are they hoping for; To run up and down the field? To get uncatchable balls thrown behind them?  So they can be a quadraplegic when they try to make a superhuman catch on an uncatchable ball across the middle?  Yeah, that makes sense to me  ::)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

GREAT POST! New coaches usually get 3 years to have the program in much better shape than the previous staff. Hopefully we can show some improvement this season.

I'll pencil us in for a BCS bowl after the 2012 season then.

Wow, so other than calling out our current receivers as trash yet again, what do you have to offer?  That good-to-great HS receivers will come here for playing time?  Really, when the ball doesn't come near them?  What are they hoping for; To run up and down the field? To get uncatchable balls thrown behind them?  So they can be a quadraplegic when they try to make a superhuman catch on an uncatchable ball across the middle?  Yeah, that makes sense to me  ::)

Other than Bogan we have zero legit options at WR that are healthy.  You can pretend this isn't true and continue to lump everything on BJ if you want but you're just ignoring reality.  The offense as a whole is terrible this year, there isn't much more to say.  Also like i said before we had good WR's coming here when PJ was completing sub 50% of his passes and all we ever did was run the football.  Also there have been plenty of catcable balls dropped this season as well.  Just because a throw does not hit a WR in stride does't mean it's uncatchable.  If you play WR at a BCS school any ball you can get both hands on is catchable, period.    

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

Using your standards UF won't be able to recruit any receivers either. As for the ball not coming near them comment. Do you really think that BJ or whomever is running our Offense will play as poorly as we do now? Seriously?

Archived