• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeffrey Godfrey for UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Godfrey brought them back from a 28-7 deficit pretty quickly. I'm not up on GOL's philosophy of dual threat QBs, but I have no idea why anyone would start Calabrese back there at all in the first place. Hodges was a decent game manager last year, and they had Brynn Harvey tearing it up on the ground, but Calabrese is another in a long list of UCF QB failures, along the likes of Kyle Israel and some of the other guys whose names we won't remember.

Godfrey looks to be a fresh start for UCF and I think they need to stick with him if he can continue to make plays.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

Godfrey brought them back from a 28-7 deficit pretty quickly. I'm not up on GOL's philosophy of dual threat QBs, but I have no idea why anyone would start Calabrese back there at all in the first place. Hodges was a decent game manager last year, and they had Brynn Harvey tearing it up on the ground, but Calabrese is another in a long list of UCF QB failures, along the likes of Kyle Israel and some of the other guys whose names we won't remember.

Godfrey looks to be a fresh start for UCF and I think they need to stick with him if he can continue to make plays.

He is a playmaker for sure. With the weak, weak schedule UCF has he should be able to win a lot of games even this year for them.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I watched the second half of their game and Godfrey is the real deal.  They need to stick with him.

• Content Count:  639

Godfrey brought them back from a 28-7 deficit pretty quickly. I'm not up on GOL's philosophy of dual threat QBs, but I have no idea why anyone would start Calabrese back there at all in the first place.

it is typical Oleary, which is getting frustrating when you see him make the same mistakes over and over. He'll dabble w/ two QBs till we lose a couple games that we realistically had a chance to win before finally giving in and putting in the right guy, it's like he doesn't have the urgency to win every game but to just compete in conference. At least I hope he officially decides Godfrey is the guy b/c if he doesn't there will be a big backlash from the fanbase. I don't expect magic from Godfrey and I know he'll make true freshmen mistakes, but I'd rather have his raw talent get his experience than have Rocal continue to choke when he's had tons of chances the last few years.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

At least I hope he officially decides Godfrey is the guy b/c if he doesn't there will be a big backlash from the fanbase.

Which won't matter in the least, since GOL is locked in there as an untouchable HC for the next what... five, six years?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

Godfrey brought them back from a 28-7 deficit pretty quickly. I'm not up on GOL's philosophy of dual threat QBs, but I have no idea why anyone would start Calabrese back there at all in the first place.

it is typical Oleary, which is getting frustrating when you see him make the same mistakes over and over. He'll dabble w/ two QBs till we lose a couple games that we realistically had a chance to win before finally giving in and putting in the right guy, it's like he doesn't have the urgency to win every game but to just compete in conference. At least I hope he officially decides Godfrey is the guy b/c if he doesn't there will be a big backlash from the fanbase. I don't expect magic from Godfrey and I know he'll make true freshmen mistakes, but I'd rather have his raw talent get his experience than have Rocal continue to choke when he's had tons of chances the last few years.

You mean he already hasn't established Godfrey as the starter form here on out yet??

• Content Count:  639

At least I hope he officially decides Godfrey is the guy b/c if he doesn't there will be a big backlash from the fanbase.

Which won't matter in the least, since GOL is locked in there as an untouchable HC for the next what... five, six years?

the dumbest contract ever, didn't know winning CUSA East one year gives you the Urban Meyer treatment.

You mean he already hasn't established Godfrey as the starter form here on out yet??

no not officially, I guess he's trying to trick up Buffalo *sarcasm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/os-ucf-knights-godfrey-calabrese-20100912,0,4842718.story

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Didn't Buffalo have the lead on you guys most of the game last year until you came back?

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah, I saw on the bottom line on some channel that both guys will play, but the starter won't be announced til later in the week. Makes me think they'll still start Calabrese, but will use Godfrey in certain situations.

I never really gave alot of credit to starter anyways. Many times, "starter" just means you're there for the first play or series, and you can be switched out at any time. It doesn't necessarily guarantee more playing time.

If GOL cared at all about winning, he'd put Godfrey in until he proves he CAN'T be the starter.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Watched a good portion of the game last week and Godfrey looked good.  He should be able to do some good things at UCF and he should unquestionably be the starter.  You could see the whole offenses demeanor and body language change once he got in the game. Unfortunately GOL is still the coach over there.....

Archived