• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Honeymoon is over, CSH, why were you here?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

The thing that did truly bother me was when they said Skip told his team to be task oriented and not worry about winning this game, but to take success from completing tasks.... I NEVER want a coach to concede a game before kick off.  We could have won this had we stayed with our game plan and stayed cool. 

Instead we went haywire.  I have always contended that games are two halves.  The first half is the players, how they prep for the week how motivated they are when they take the field.  The second half is the coaches.  CSH was outcoached Saturday plain and simple.  He did not make adjustments to allow this team to win.  Coaching fail for poor attitude and execution of plan.

He did not believe it, so his team would not believe it.

Coaching can't fix 5 turnovers.  You don't win games with 5 turnovers and non for Florida.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

Totally not a knee jerk reaction!!!

He is lucky is not double jointed in his knee otherwise he would have kicked himself in the face.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I have always contended that games are two halves.

This is a bold position to take. Personally, I've always hated when people overlook the third half.

Guest nybullsfan

Coaching didn't win this game, talent and mistakes did, IMO.

If Skip and his team had been coaching the Gator players and Urban and his team coaching the Bulls players, the same group of players would have won.

One of my favorite coaching quotes was directed at Bear Bryant by Bum Phillips:

"He could beat your'n with hiz'n, or hiz'n with your'n"

This was NOT the case Saturday

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I have always contended that games are two halves.

This is a bold position to take. Personally, I've always hated when people overlook the third half.

I've always contended that the team who scores the most points will win the game.  It's a radical stance to take but what can i say, I like living on the edge. 

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Playing Florida.. AT THE SWAMP

... As your SECOND GAME (..quite honestly, his FIRST real game) as the new coach?

Geeez.

::)

:Duh

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

has anyone considered the fact that the gators are a better team than USF and were AT HOME?

+50

I dont think USF didn't belong on the same field as UF, it's just tough to compete with the depth that UF has. You redshirt 5-star recruits in G-ville...we don't have that luxury here. Hopefully one day it'll come to that, but we aren't there yet.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

has anyone considered the fact that the gators are a better team than USF and were AT HOME?

The are only better than us because Eveld isn't our starting QB!!!!!!

And Skip conceded the game before kickoff .... Seriously, we had no chance.

is he giving leavitt back his job? 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't think he was conceding the game.  I think he wanted to focus on what they were supposed to.  If they do that, winning takes care of itself.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

The thing that did truly bother me was when they said Skip told his team to be task oriented and not worry about winning this game, but to take success from completing tasks.... I NEVER want a coach to concede a game before kick off.  We could have won this had we stayed with our game plan and stayed cool. 

Instead we went haywire.  I have always contended that games are two halves.  The first half is the players, how they prep for the week how motivated they are when they take the field.  The second half is the coaches.  CSH was outcoached Saturday plain and simple.  He did not make adjustments to allow this team to win.  Coaching fail for poor attitude and execution of plan.

He did not believe it, so his team would not believe it.

ummm....no not really...u ever think he meant not to try to win the game every play and focus on your job and complete your assignment...Think about...game 2 of his USF career........GAME 2!!!! at arguably the hardest place to play football with an understaffed receiving corps and a monster crowd....what adjustments would you have made to fix the problem??? remember the other coaches get paid too.....to me this season is going to be better than expected....GO BULLS!!!

Archived