• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Honeymoon is over, CSH, why were you here?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Lack of talented WR and BJ Daniels trying to do too much Killed us because it led to turnovers.

I thought it was well coached but poorly executed from the end of the 2nd quarter on

Accurate assessment.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

The thing that did truly bother me was when they said Skip told his team to be task oriented and not worry about winning this game, but to take success from completing tasks.... I NEVER want a coach to concede a game before kick off.  We could have won this had we stayed with our game plan and stayed cool. 

Instead we went haywire.  I have always contended that games are two halves.  The first half is the players, how they prep for the week how motivated they are when they take the field.  The second half is the coaches.  CSH was outcoached Saturday plain and simple.  He did not make adjustments to allow this team to win.  Coaching fail for poor attitude and execution of plan.

He did not believe it, so his team would not believe it.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The thing that did truly bother me was when they said Skip told his team to be task oriented and not worry about winning this game, but to take success from completing tasks.... I NEVER want a coach to concede a game before kick off.  We could have won this had we stayed with our game plan and stayed cool. 

Instead we went haywire.  I have always contended that games are two halves.  The first half is the players, how they prep for the week how motivated they are when they take the field.  The second half is the coaches.  CSH was outcoached Saturday plain and simple.  He did not make adjustments to allow this team to win.  Coaching fail for poor attitude and execution of plan.

you are delusional

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You don't think the team was being task oriented? We absolutely were knocking the **** out of UF on that first drive. I don't know how you can say we were being out coached. We were driving in the second half to take the lead and then the turnovers got to us. That isn't Coach Holtz's fault. We shot ourselves in the foot with bad turnovers.

The game plan was perfect. We were knocking UF off the line of scrimmage and rushing the ball so well. That set up some nice play action that UF bit on just about every time. WR's couldn't catch worth a **** and B.J. made some poor throws.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,457
  • Days Won:  19

I saw a lot of positive things to take from yesterday's game.  However, we have to have faith to stick with the run game and eliminate all the turnovers.  Most of yesterday's cam from BJ trying to do too much and that gets us in trouble.  \

As for the shots against the coaching, I had some questions myself about the playcalling just before the half; however, if the coaching staffs had switched sidelines and personnel yesterday, I don't think the outcome likely would have changed.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

has anyone considered the fact that the gators are a better team than USF and were AT HOME?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

has anyone considered the fact that the gators are a better team than USF and were AT HOME?

The are only better than us because Eveld isn't our starting QB!!!!!!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They were given the game. Good teams capitalize on mistakes and they did that. I am still not convinced that they are that good. They were better yesterday and we were our own worst enemy. We caused the fumble that changed the game, not them.

• Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, please stop crying. We were NOT supposed to win this game and we can't ride our entire season on this one game. It is all about FINISHING STRONG As I said before, this team has a stretch of Big East games that we have great chances of winning. We will correct the mistakes and we have a Tremendous shot at being either 9-1 or 8-2 heading into Miami, this season is NOT over.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,656
  • Days Won:  424

The are only better than us because Eveld isn't our starting QB!!!!!!

And Skip conceded the game before kickoff .... Seriously, we had no chance.

Archived