• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excellent "Jim Leavitt" disciplined game today...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Penalties had no impact on the outcome of this game.

It hinged on talent and talent alone.

Their secondary was filthy, Demps is one of the fastest football players of all time and Brantley, when given time, is a gifted thrower.

I really hope our team and coach do not feel this way. Demps is fast. Lejiste also pulled up on his long TD run, I don't know why, but he just stopped when he had the angle to run him OB. I knew he'd get free at least once.

Other than that, we gave them 21 points on turnovers. BJ wasn't throwing picks because their secondary was soooo good, he was throwing them because he should have thrown it away, or was horribly inaccurate.

They are better than us, but that is NOT why they beat us today. We could have won that game if we executed. I hope Skip gives them hell and doesn't let them off the hook by saying it was because we were out-matched.

I don't know that we could have held them off in the end, but take away the turnovers, and we would have been leading and forcing Brantley to beat us in the end. He threw a couple of balls that we could have picked off, if we made him throw more, I think we would have gotten one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Their secondary was filthy, Demps is one of the fastest football players of all time and Brantley, when given time, is a gifted thrower.

I really hope our team and coach do not feel this way. Demps is fast. Lejiste also pulled up on his long TD run, I don't know why, but he just stopped when he had the angle to run him OB. I knew he'd get free at least once.

Other than that, we gave them 21 points on turnovers. BJ wasn't throwing picks because their secondary was soooo good, he was throwing them because he should have thrown it away, or was horribly inaccurate.

They are better than us, but that is NOT why they beat us today. We could have won that game if we executed. I hope Skip gives them hell and doesn't let them off the hook by saying it was because we were out-matched.

I don't know that we could have held them off in the end, but take away the turnovers, and we would have been leading and forcing Brantley to beat us in the end. He threw a couple of balls that we could have picked off, if we made him throw more, I think we would have gotten one.

I don't see Skip as the kind of coach to give kids Hell after being beat like that on national television. That was beating enough. He is going to break it down and go over what went wrong and how they are going to fix it. We don't have a tyrant at HC any more, we have a professional.

I wasn't talking about Skip giving them a tongue lashing or anything, but I also hope that he makes sure to point out where the game was lost. It was between the ears, not on the roster sheet. To quote the great whoever that guy was, "they are who we thought they were and we let 'em off the hook". We did not lose today because the gators were better, and with the attitude that "it hinged on... talent alone", you're taking the easy way out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

To quote the great whoever that guy was, "they are who we thought they were and we let 'em off the hook".

Denny Green, AZ Cards ..... one of the great post game pressers.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

slick1is2 has to be happy he got to bust out the "tyrant" card.  What a hoot!

:ROFLMAO

I don't know slick.  But I appreciate your tenacity.  :)

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

They have a great secondary and we have bad receivers

Oh yeah, I forgot, Sheldon is the authority on Jim Leavitt. A guy that wrote three pieces on the program in 12 years has to be an expert.  Just like Steve Deumig.    LOL.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Brad... have you ever actually met Leavitt before? I met him on 3 occasions and all 3 times he came across as quite arrogant... I've met Skip once and the difference is 180%... just sayin.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As long as we're going anecdotal, I met Jim twice and he came across as passionate and excited about USF Football and loving his job.  He was not condescending but very personable.  My wife also met him once and thought he was friendly and passionate.

I have met Skip also, strikes me as thrilled to be here, a very good speaker and a genuinely friendly guy.

Brad... have you ever actually met Leavitt before? I met him on 3 occasions and all 3 times he came across as quite arrogant... I've met Skip once and the difference is 180%... just sayin.

I met Leavitt a number of times, he always came across welcoming and sociable.  He was great at fan days, preseason and donor meetings.  People talked about how great he was at the preseason tailgates.  Last time I saw him was 2007-08, maybe he turned evil after that.  I never met anyone that didn't like him.  And I meet a lot of people connected to USF.  Clearly, the McMurphy meddling into student-athlete affairs and McMurph's attempts to sow discontent about Leavitt got to him.  But I never saw anything tyrannical or "mean" from the football coach.

Archived