• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excellent "Jim Leavitt" disciplined game today...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Brad... have you ever actually met Leavitt before? I met him on 3 occasions and all 3 times he came across as quite arrogant... I've met Skip once and the difference is 180%... just sayin.

I met Leavitt a number of times, he always came across welcoming and sociable.  He was great at fan days, preseason and donor meetings.  People talked about how great he was at the preseason tailgates.  Last time I saw him was 2007-08, maybe he turned evil after that.  I never met anyone that didn't like him.  And I meet a lot of people connected to USF.  Clearly, the McMurphy meddling into student-athlete affairs and McMurph's attempts to sow discontent about Leavitt got to him.  But I never saw anything tyrannical or "mean" from the football coach.

Ok... we each have our own opinions... Not knowing your history and with the distance to AZ I really didn't know if you had. FWIW, my meetings all happened before last season and they were chance encounters that weren't public team events.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

I met him at official functions, ran into him at Carrabba's, the alumni auction, a ticket selling event and at media days...multiple times.  He probably wouldn't know me from Adam, we're not friends.  I just never saw anything negative or arrogant about him.

• Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Oh yeah, I forgot, Sheldon is the authority on Jim Leavitt. A guy that wrote three pieces on the program in 12 years has to be an expert.  Just like Steve Deumig.    LOL.

You don't have to be an authority on Leavitt to know that some characterized  Leavitt's behavior of that of a tyrant.

Right ... just like some said he called himself "the most powerful man in the building"...  :D

But others have said the same thing, including those that were recruited by Leavitt and decided to go to a different BCS school based on how bad Leavitt treated them.

:ROFLMAO

It's getting deep in here ...  ::)

I met him at official functions, ran into him at Carrabba's, the alumni auction, a ticket selling event and at media days...multiple times.  He probably wouldn't know me from Adam, we're not friends.  I just never saw anything negative or arrogant about him.

Official public functions. I am talking personal meetings, behind closed doors. You know, when public persona is down.   Here is a direct quote sent to me, "He is by far the rudest, most condescending coach with whom I have ever dealt." That was from a father of a recruit whose kid ended up at a top 10 ranked BCS school.

Come on, slick, this is getting ******* ridiculous with these "stories". First of all, when he's with a potential recruit and his family, he would be in full public persona mode, trying to sell himself and the program... but, playing along, maybe this father <wink wink nudge nudge> was a total ***** from the beginning and CJL was reacting to him. There's no way that would be his usual living room character or the program would not have evn gotten to the point it was.

He has another son that he wants to someday play for Skip.

LOL .... Nice touch.  :thumbsup

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Trip,

I got a letter from a father of a recruit that said Jim Leavitt was the single greatest influence on his son outside of the dad himself.  I also have a letter from two charities that praised the work Jim Leavitt did with them.  I know he did all the good in public just to disguise his tyrannical and rude Mr. Hyde side.

I'm not making it up. And there are several mentions in the media about Leavitt's behavior.

You mean like "the most powerful man in the building" quotes?

I'll leave it at this, said by a much better coach then Leaviit:

"Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control."

Mike Leach?

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Shelton is a fat tub of goo that is Bowel Movement's beotch.

You're the bowel movement right??

Brad... have you ever actually met Leavitt before? I met him on 3 occasions and all 3 times he came across as quite arrogant... I've met Skip once and the difference is 180%... just sayin.

Jim Leavitt arrogant??

With that statement I would question whether you have actually met him.

3 times... not that I give a **** what you question...

I'm not making it up. And there are several mentions in the media about Leavitt's behavior.

You mean like "the most powerful man in the building" quotes?

I'll leave it at this, said by a much better coach then Leaviit:

"Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control."

Mike Leach?

And the media's mention of Leavitt's behavior predate the release of the USF report.

And we all know the warm and fuzzy relationship he had with most of the local media ... that's an even more absurd reference than you're saying we should talk to officials about his behavior.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm not really sure what you guys are arguing about.  Bobby Knight was either the most generous person you ever met, or tyrannical.  Either a saint, or a violent man.

Reality, he was both.  You guys are all acting like it is impossible to show different personalities.  Almost all of us are nice sometimes, not nice others.

Pretty soon you'll be arguing over which shade of blue the sky is.

Archived