• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why was...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm a proud Southie and I can attest that it was a freaking ghost town minus about 50 or so people spread out over the area. In my section there were only 5 people (my group) that screamed ourselves hoarse.

Everyone else was off in la-la land... if this does not improve then I'm moving next to the band

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I moved my seats so I could stand. I tried to start a D-Fense chant, and a few people turned and scowled at me. I can understand being unable to stand, but to be upset because soemone's loud is ******* ridiculous.

• Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

I moved my seats so I could stand. I tried to start a D-Fense chant, and a few people turned and scowled at me. I can understand being unable to stand, but to be upset because soemone's loud is ******* ridiculous.

Agreed. I had my connection into the student section and that was awesome, although before the game I went and visited and introduced myself to the people who are over in my season ticket section 138. Great bunch of folks I talked to one guy, asked him if he was on thebullspen and he said no but had a buddy who is on here and those were his tickets.

There was also an older couple a couple of rows back, they were awesome and very nice but It didn't look too much like they would appreciate some kid yelling and screaming the whole game starting chants and standing up.

Thank god I will be a real student next fall so I won't have to lie, cheat and steal my way (just kidding of course) into the student section. Although when I do graduate I will deff take BBM's advice and get further up seats where I can stand all game, maybe be a hoot and hollerer with BBM! Oooo fun times await :P

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah i was not overly impressed with my 125 debut, lots of empty seats and not as rowdy as it was hyped.  Looked like there were some fans having a better time closer to the field i may have to move down from row u next season. 

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

As a member of 124, I can attest that we had a lot of sitters. I, however, had little to no voice after 1 quarter and did try to inspire others to get up and make some **** noise for the two possessions they had down there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

It was STONY BROOK.

This ... Plus, at least the Southies are smart enough to not try and start a Wave  ..... especially when we're on offense.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

It was STONY BROOK.

This ... Plus, at least the Southies are smart enough to not try and start a Wave  ..... especially when we're on offense.

+1...

I don't know how many times it needs to be said. Perhaps someone should take out an ad in the Oracle so it gets through to the students

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

It was STONY BROOK.

+1...

I don't know how many times it needs to be said. Perhaps someone should take out an ad in the Oracle so it gets through to the students

Being that is was JUST Stony Brook, you should be happy that the kiddos in the north end decided to get that rowdy...If they would been a bore at that end, you guys would cry that they weren't fired up enough.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

It was STONY BROOK.

You really don't like it do you?

Is this like the 4th time you've mention it? lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

It was STONY BROOK.

You really don't like it do you?

Is this like the 4th time you've mention it? lol

;) ..... 323th time ... It's like nails on a chalkboard, especially when done at inappropriate times ... which is any time the game is still in doubt... which means it probaably wasn't that bad to do it on Saturday. The problem I have is that it takes the focus away from what's going on on the field. People are so giddy watching and waiting, not wanting, God forbid, to miss it, they have no clue what's happening in the game .... lame.

Archived