• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hypothetical: 2009 Season Results

We finished 7 - 5 last season. In your opinion, if Holtz and his new assistants had been here last season, how would we have finished the season?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

The main board is mostaly about the present.  The looking back stuff simply belongs elsewhere.

I really don't understand why people get upset when we move stuff from one board to the other. 

If you have a poll, like this one was, and it endes up with 5 pages of comments, clearly it is a topic of interest.  It is not and was never an Anti Leavitt post.  If anything, it was intended as a statement of an entire new coachign staff, and their style, versus how we used to operate.  It is forward facing, adn present, in what we can expect this year.  And what this new method of operating might have gotten out of the talent we had last year (probably our best talent ever, as shown by teh nfl draft).  The goal was not to slam our staff of last year, but to see if people think our new staff, and the changes they ahve shown in the spring game and talked about publicly, will be able to improve us over our second half falls the last 3 years.  For the most part, the dialog has been in that vain, barring a post or two, most of it was very positive and addressed specifics.  And this was, and is, a seemingly important topic.

And to address your question, people don't want it moved to a sub board because people hardly ever go on teh sub boards.  Hot topics belong on the main board.  I could understand if this thread was, is Leavitt an idiot, then it should be moved.  But that is not what this thread is, or was.  Mods will do what they will do, but I still think this is a main board topic. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

btw, over 50 people voted, which shows it was of interest.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Yes. Small amount of controversy and the mods hit the delete button.

Dare I say erskins departure is good for the team as a whole in a thread and mods are all over that **** when it is the truth.

I didn't namecall or flame him.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Now that we have seen a little of what Holtz is planning for the year, and given the glimpses of him from the articles, video, etc, what is your opinion of how USF would have done last season if we had had Holtz and his coaching team in charge of the talent we had.

Also interested in why you believe that way.

(yes, I know the word "won" is incorrect as "one" in the poll options.  I caught it but it cannot be modified.  Plus, this isn't english class, it is a message board.)

fantasyland

imagine if we had vince lombardi as coach

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The main board is mostaly about the present.  The looking back stuff simply belongs elsewhere.

I really don't understand why people get upset when we move stuff from one board to the other. 

If you have a poll, like this one was, and it endes up with 5 pages of comments, clearly it is a topic of interest.   It is not and was never an Anti Leavitt post.  If anything, it was intended as a statement of an entire new coachign staff, and their style, versus how we used to operate.  It is forward facing, adn present, in what we can expect this year.  And what this new method of operating might have gotten out of the talent we had last year (probably our best talent ever, as shown by teh nfl draft).  The goal was not to slam our staff of last year, but to see if people think our new staff, and the changes they ahve shown in the spring game and talked about publicly, will be able to improve us over our second half falls the last 3 years.   For the most part, the dialog has been in that vain, barring a post or two, most of it was very positive and addressed specifics.   And this was, and is, a seemingly important topic.

And to address your question, people don't want it moved to a sub board because people hardly ever go on teh sub boards.  Hot topics belong on the main board.   I could understand if this thread was, is Leavitt an idiot, then it should be moved.  But that is not what this thread is, or was.   Mods will do what they will do, but I still think this is a main board topic. 

most of this board is in another world

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The goal was not to slam our staff of last year, but to see if people think our new staff, and the changes they ahve shown in the spring game and talked about publicly, will be able to improve us over our second half falls the last 3 years.   For the most part, the dialog has been in that vain, barring a post or two, most of it was very positive and addressed specifics.

Sorry, IB, but the vast majority of the thread has been slamming Leavitt/staff and defending Leavitt/staff .... barring a post or two. Feel free, though, to pull out the posts that were very positive and addressed specifics and quote them here ... Maybe I counted wrong.  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Yes. Small amount of controversy and the mods hit the delete button.

This thread wasn't deleted ..... obviously.

Dare I say erskins departure is good for the team as a whole in a thread and mods are all over that **** when it is the truth.

I didn't namecall or flame him.

There was some discussion in the War Room concerning that ...  ::)

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

university president garcia won I guess

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I appreciate your thoughts, IncrediBull.  And I will keep them in mind going forward.  We are people just like you making decisions to keep order in the universe.  In the end, I believe the main board is far better off if we moderate one post too many than if we moderate one post too little. 

A few months ago the main board was in near meltdown, and many people were not even coming to visit the boards because of the turmoil.  Unfortunately, we had to tighten the reins a little more than in past years.  I know it can be inconvenient to visit a board other than the main board, but I much prefer moving threads than deleting or locking them.  I'm pretty sure I'm on the same page with the rest of the mods in this regard. 

I hope that you and everyone else appreciate the main board as it stands today, and we can keep it this way moving forward.  We always appreciate your feedback in this regard, here, by PM or by email.

Thanks

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I appreciate your thoughts, IncrediBull.  And I will keep them in mind going forward.  We are people just like you making decisions to keep order in the universe.  In the end, I believe the main board is far better off if we moderate one post too many than if we moderate one post too little. 

A few months ago the main board was in near meltdown, and many people were not even coming to visit the boards because of the turmoil.   Unfortunately, we had to tighten the reins a little more than in past years.  I know it can be inconvenient to visit a board other than the main board, but I much prefer moving threads than deleting or locking them.  I'm pretty sure I'm on the same page with the rest of the mods in this regard. 

I hope that you and everyone else appreciate the main board as it stands today, and we can keep it this way moving forward.  We always appreciate your feedback in this regard, here, by PM or by email.

Thanks

people who don't read a message board because of 'message board turmoil' are losers and take themselves way to seriously.

just my input

Archived