• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DoJo calls out message board loudmouths (Greg's blog)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

he can say whatever he wants, but the fact remains he will most likely be frequently warming the bench

There are a few teams who he could be picked by where he'd see a good deal of playing time. The Nets come to mind and a few mock drafts have him going there.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Some of you guys on here are being pricks.

The guy has been an outstanding USF player and we are supposedly USF fans - where is the love?  And he is right, many on here would disparage him, yet he single handedly won at least 6 or 7 of our "wins" by himself this year when the rest of the team wasn't quite living up to potential.  If you had tickets and went to games, you would know that.

I realize he has been kind of a tough guy with the teamates, but he is a high performer and I think he has a hard time when mediocrity sets foot in our games.  He is looking for the team to give 110% and he is trying to do the same.  Often times, the top guys on anything have high expectations and are mad when others don't hit the mark.

ALso, in regards to his decision to leave USF.  If you had a chance to make $500k or $1M in a year, at 22 years old, or the other option was to finish your college degree, risk injury in basketball, and maybe end up making a lot less, which would you choose?

Lets hope he goes NBA first round.  Lets hope he does great, and maybe comes back and helps us recruit some kids or to show them the path to the NBA can go through USF (thanks also to Chucky A).  We need some success in BB at the Pro level.  It can only help USF.

Stop being so spiteful and short sided and look at the big picture.

DoJo, I hope all goes well.  If you do read this, don't worry about some of the "Internet Tough Guys" who are also pricks sometimes.   You have nothing to prove to us, but everything to prove to the NBA teams and fans.  Best of luck to you in the future.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The guy has been an outstanding USF player and we are supposedly USF fans - where is the love?  And he is right, many on here would disparage him, yet he single handedly won at least 6 or 7 of our "wins" by himself this year when the rest of the team wasn't quite living up to potential.  If you had tickets and went to games, you would know that.

I realize he has been kind of a tough guy with the teamates, but he is a high performer and I think he has a hard time when mediocrity sets foot in our games.  He is looking for the team to give 110% and he is trying to do the same.  Often times, the top guys on anything have high expectations and are mad when others don't hit the mark.

ALso, in regards to his decision to leave USF.  If you had a chance to make $500k or $1M in a year, at 22 years old, or the other option was to finish your college degree, risk injury in basketball, and maybe end up making a lot less, which would you choose?

Lets hope he goes NBA first round.  Lets hope he does great, and maybe comes back and helps us recruit some kids or to show them the path to the NBA can go through USF (thanks also to Chucky A).  We need some success in BB at the Pro level.  It can only help USF.

DoJo, I hope all goes well.  If you do read this, don't worry about some of the "Internet Tough Guys" who are also pricks sometimes.   You have nothing to prove to us, but everything to prove to the NBA teams and fans.  Best of luck to you in the future.

+1

great sentiments.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Doubtful.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Doubtful.

So when I started out my post above with the first sentence, you now have helped illustrate that I had the right choice of words.  Thanks for being so supportive of the USF family.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Doubtful.

So when I started out my post above with the first sentence, you now have helped illustrate that I had the right choice of words.  Thanks for being so supportive of the USF family.

Do you really see him as a guy who will help out USF? I sure dont. Id be surprised if we ever see him in the Sun Dome again, unless we are retiring his jersey that night or something.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

I love Dominique Jones and I hope he surpasses expectations in NBA and shoves it in peoples faces

• Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  2

Nothing I have seen gives me any reason to believe that Dojo would help USF in any way in the future...frankly, it seems to me that he dislikes the school quite a bit.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My sincere hope... I hope there's no skeletons in the closet ala Reggie Bush that come to hurt the program in the future, or these last two years are for not. He was a great player while he was here and he was always enjoyable to watch... I just hope he kept it clean and avoided agent contact his last year playing. Take it to them in the NBA 'Nique... make us proud!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

My sincere hope... I hope there's no skeletons in the closet ala Reggie Bush that come to hurt the program in the future, or these last two years are for not. He was a great player while he was here and he was always enjoyable to watch... I just hope he kept it clean and avoided agent contact his last year playing. Take it to them in the NBA 'Nique... make us proud!

I doubt we have any problem there. I think he knew he was leaving, but played everything by the book. He didnt hire an agent until late in the game.

Archived