• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DoJo calls out message board loudmouths (Greg's blog)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure there's some hyperbole in what Jones is saying. But just in case you thought athletes didn't read some of the crazy things you say on this board:

"I was going to come back to school, but then I started reading different things from USF fans, supposed to be Dominique Jones fans, (saying) 'He's going straight to Europe. No way he's going to get drafted. He's not an NBA player.' Seeing things like that, that made me want to go prove people wrong. That's one of the main reasons I left, added to the other reasons. I'm glad I made that decision, because now I'm proving everybody wrong who really thought they understood basketball."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/06/usfs-first-nba-firstrounder-jones-optimistic.html#more

Oh, and look who commented on that post. ::)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That's a terrible reason to base a huge decision like whether to turn pro.  Reading message boards is not a great thing to use when making important life decisions.

Can you imagine basing an important decision on smazza??  :o

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

He's full of crap on this. I'm not sure how many of us actually expected him to come back to school. During the season, people on here asked him in class/after games and said he was just laughing at the idea of coming back. But to the other point, athletes do read this and other message boards. I overheard a group of football players in class talking about thebullspen.

• Content Count:  21,338
  • Days Won:  10

Florida sports fan is a jackhole.  He is a UCifer trying to be cool.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

he can say whatever he wants, but the fact remains he will most likely be frequently warming the bench, if that, in the NBA. but best of luck to him.

it goes to show you where his mindset and maturity level is when he is concerned about what fans think.

Guest nybullsfan

I was eating dinner tonight in an Outback here in Austin, and the NBA Combine was showing on ESPNU (about 6-7PM Tampa time). Just after the Clemson-Oklahoma baseball game. They had the sound off, but the hearing-impaired captions were running.

The first half of the show, I swear, was "The Dominique Jones Show." The camera never left him for about 15 minutes straight. They even had an interview with Stan Heath. Pretty good exposure I'd say.

Most of the comments were along the lines of "he's not perfect, but he'd good enough to play in the NBA"

I hope he makes it onto a good team, and really makes a splash.

Good luck DoJo!!

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

if that was one of his reasons for leaving he is truly more dumb than i thought.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

From what I have seen of Jones in interviews, he does not have much respect for this school...you know, the one that gave him this opportunity. Jeez.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

From what I have seen of Jones in interviews, he does not have much respect for this school...you know, the one that gave him this opportunity. Jeez.

that is the truth, the kid only cares about himself, atleast pretend like you care about USF a little. I have always wanted to see USF guys do well, but as far as DJO he can fail for all I care, I almost want to see him fall out of the first round, I dont want that classless guy the highest USF pick ever.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Well good luck to him.  Not the best decision to base it off fans, but I could definitely understand his feeling if he read some of the comments on this site.

Archived