• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nature Coast ATH Ja'Juan Story down to 14 schools

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Highly doubtful, he never considered us to begin with, so why would that change. Even if he does decide to de-commit, he'll go to a school he considered in the beginning, like Florida State Seminoles, Miami (FL) Hurricanes, LSU Tigers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Tennessee Volunteers.

Negative Nelly, if we believed all your posts, no one would come here.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

There's a big difference between being negative and being realistic. The only thing I was pointing out is it seemed like he wanted to go to an elite school from the get go and even though we may have made his final 14 somewhere, we weren't in his top 5 or 6 in the end. Hell, hopefully I'm wrong.

There's a big difference between being negative and being realistic. The only thing I was pointing out is it seemed like he wanted to go to an elite school from the get go and even though we may have made his final 14 somewhere, we weren't in his top 5 or 6 in the end. Hell, hopefully I'm wrong.

I think the problem here is that some fans have gotten used to not getting the big "get". They have come to believe that we are gonna lose all of these recruiting battles to UM, FSU, UF or some of those Yankee poachers. Now I agree we aren't gonna win all those battles. But, we are starting to win more and more of them and that is only gonna get better. A lot of these players have a variety of reasons why they like a particular school and no one but them is gonna know what those reasons are. It might be an assistant coach, it might be geography, it might be an academic discipline and it could be something we can't even fathom. I read a lot of our competitors Blogs and newspapers. One thing is certain, they never underestimate the possibilty that a recruit might choose their school. They have seen dark horses come through time and time again. I mean, if I had told you a month ago that UF and UM recruits would be decommitting in droves right now, and taking visits to USF, you would have slammed me hard here in the Blog. Not saying I am right, or smart but I've been around long enough to know that it ain't over til the fax lady sings.

All of these young men are gonna start considering USF, if they haven't already. Some will love us, others may not, but I say, let's not shut the door on any of them. I think each one of them deserves our attention and people who can't see that, aren't really USF fans.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

All of these young men are gonna start considering USF, if they haven't already. Some will love us, others may not, but I say, let's not shut the door on any of them. I think each one of them deserves our attention and people who can't see that, aren't really USF fans.

You'd kind of hope that train of thought would hold true for ALL our recruits  ... you know, like not making snide comments about drunk qb's in the huddle and such.  ::)

You'd kind of hope that train of thought would hold true for ALL our recruits  ... you know, like not making snide comments about drunk qb's in the huddle and such.   ::)

I have never made a "snide" comment about a drunk QB in a huddle. I have questioned whether taking a commitment from a kid who has wound up in big trouble twice in his Senior year is a great idea. Especially when the 2nd infraction caused him to miss his teams playoff's. I am not sure what CSH thinks about this, but I am sure there is some serious soul searching going down over that recruit.I am not one to walk away from a talented kid easily, but there are things about this  that worry me a lot.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

All of these young men are gonna start considering USF, if they haven't already. Some will love us, others may not, but I say, let's not shut the door on any of them. I think each one of them deserves our attention

You'd kind of hope that train of thought would hold true for ALL our recruits  ... you know, like not making snide comments about drunk qb's in the huddle and such.   ::)

I have never made a "snide" comment about a drunk QB in a huddle.

Dude, NO WAY he is the starter next year,

Who replaces him, Stevie(drunk in the huddle) Weatherford? Maybe BJ in a further departure from sanity? Jamius who looks big and strong but will have his own growing pains? WHO????????

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=76654.msg869163#msg869163

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I think the problem here is that some fans have gotten used to not getting the big "get". They have come to believe that we are gonna lose all of these recruiting battles to UM, FSU, UF or some of those Yankee poachers. Now I agree we aren't gonna win all those battles. But, we are starting to win more and more of them and that is only gonna get better. A lot of these players have a variety of reasons why they like a particular school and no one but them is gonna know what those reasons are. It might be an assistant coach, it might be geography, it might be an academic discipline and it could be something we can't even fathom. I read a lot of our competitors Blogs and newspapers. One thing is certain, they never underestimate the possibilty that a recruit might choose their school. They have seen dark horses come through time and time again. I mean, if I had told you a month ago that UF and UM recruits would be decommitting in droves right now, and taking visits to USF, you would have slammed me hard here in the Blog. Not saying I am right, or smart but I've been around long enough to know that it ain't over til the fax lady sings.

Bill, this was one of your best post ever, IMO, until you threw in that last sentence. Again, my opinion, but it is/was not needed at all.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Bill, this was one of your best post ever, IMO, until you threw in that last sentence. Again, my opinion, but it is/was not needed at all.

I agree

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Who replaces him, Stevie(drunk in the huddle) Weatherford? Maybe BJ in a further departure from sanity? Jamius who looks big and strong but will have his own growing pains? WHO????????

PWNAGE

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

PWNAGE

:D