• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nature Coast ATH Ja'Juan Story down to 14 schools

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I can't link to a phone call.... I know his HS coach so I called and asked.

He could certainly appeal it with respect to instate schools that don't have UF on the schedule.

I def would if he's thinking about staying in state. That's a punk move by Muschamp. He's only a redshirt frosh, so it's something the staff should be looking into. He would have 3 years of eligibility left.

Definitely a punk move by Muschamp if it's true. I can understand if it's the SEC or someone on their schedule but otherwise it's just a spite move to **** with the kid ...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Guys... and gals... why are we even discussing this?

1. We're flat out loaded at WR for the foreseeable future and there is better talent out there than wasting a scholarship on a kid that has to sit out a season.

2. This kid is VERY raw... there's a reason he was so low on UF's depth chart... he has no experience at WR.

3. The only reason the kid would be able to request an appeal on the restrictions would be to try to stay close to home... if that was his intent he should have stayed at UF.

He could certainly appeal it with respect to instate schools that don't have UF on the schedule.

I def would if he's thinking about staying in state. That's a punk move by Muschamp. He's only a redshirt frosh, so it's something the staff should be looking into. He would have 3 years of eligibility left.

Definitely a punk move by Muschamp if it's true. I can understand if it's the SEC or someone on their schedule but otherwise it's just a spite move to **** with the kid ...

I disagree... the kid is basically bailing on UF's program... if we had a kid who just decided he didn't want to be at USF anymore would we be ok with him transferring to UCF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I agree.

Other schools have tried to do something like that and have gotten such very bad press from it that most decided to just let the player go where he wanted in the end, as long as that school wasn't on their future schedule. It's certainly worth fighting, if he really wants to come to USF.

I disagree... the kid is basically bailing on UF's program... if we had a kid who just decided he didn't want to be at USF anymore would we be ok with him transferring to UCF?

The difference is that UCF is on our schedule.

In the past, I don't think we would have cared, if he wanted to go to UCF.

Ok... then lets look at it from our side.... we don't have the room nor do we need another WR. Now if he played LB or something.... but we're stacked for the next few years at WR.

Can't blame Story. He stayed there a year and didn't feel he fit in. The restrictions have to be REASONABLE. Not letting him transfer to USF, is UNREASONABLE.

Gatorsports.com â€@Gator_sports

#Muschamp, on decision of freshman WR Ja'Juan Story to leave #UF: "He just felt like this wasn't a good fit for him." http://bit.ly/NkyrfG

Receiver Story to transfer from Florida

Special to Gatorsports.com

Published: Friday, August 10, 2012 at 11:02 a.m.

Florida redshirt freshman wide receiver Ja'Juan Story is transferring from the program, coach Will Muschamp announced Friday.

"Ja'Juan came to me Thursday afternoon and indicated that he wanted to transfer," Muschamp said. "He just felt like this wasn't a good fit for him and he needed a fresh start. Ja'Juan is a good student and was a good teammate and we wish him the best of luck."

Story, a 6-foot-3, 206-pounder from Brooksville, enrolled at UF in the summer of 2011 and redshirted last year after spending the season on the scout team.

"I had a great experience here and met a bunch of great people. It is a great football program with great players and coaches. It just wasn't the right fit for me." Story said.

Receiver Story to transfer from FloridaSpecial to Gatorsports.com

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The difference is that UCF is on our schedule.

In the past, I don't think we would have cared, if he wanted to go to UCF.

Agreed .... If the kid doesn't want to be there, he doesn't want to be there. He's already losing a year of eligibility for the decision. I can understand UF not wanting him playing against them ... but any other restriction is ********.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Ok... then lets look at it from our side.... we don't have the room nor do we need another WR. Now if he played LB or something.... but we're stacked for the next few years at WR.

I think he's talented enough and has enough potential to improve the roster. He has a way higher ceiling than any kid not named Stevens or Coley that we could add to this class and than several players on the roster imo. He would have to sit out a year which gives the staff some time to develop him. If he gets that release modified I think you have to take him imo.

Well, that's a different argument.

He would have to sit out a year.

If he came here, it would only mean that we would take one less receiver. For example, Greg doesn't think that T Johnson wil stick with USF.