• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nature Coast ATH Ja'Juan Story down to 14 schools

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF made the cut.

Nature Coast ATH Ja'Juan Story down to 14 schools

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 1:08 p.m.

Nature Coast ATH Ja'Juan Story has announced his list of front-runners Tuesday.

Story has narrowed his list of 28 scholarship offers to his top 14. The list was provided by Sharks assistant Robert Kazmier.

They are: Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, USF and West Virginia.

Story has taken unofficial visits to Florida State and USF. He will visit Florida next week for a camp. Kamier said Story also holds out hope of hearing from other schools, particularly Texas and Oregon. Story hopes to visit the majority of the 14 schools listed.

Story (6-foot-4, 185 pounds) was recently moved from receiver to starting quarterback after Nature Coast's spring evaluation period. The move, coach Mark Nash said at the time, was made to get Story more touches. And without a proven quarterback to get Story the ball outside, this proved to be the best option.

Story primarily played receiver and defensive back in 2009, also sharing time at quarterback. He had 13 receptions for 423 yards (32.5 yards per catch) and three touchdowns. At quarterback, he had 27 carries for 265 yards and two touchdowns (just two starts as a quarterback). Defensively he had 22 tackles and one sack.

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/jun/15/nature-coast-ath-jajuan-story-down-14-schools/

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

God it seems like it was yesterday when Bullshark was touting him as a great WR and hoping for USF to offer the local kid. Now he's a cream of the crop prospect.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  143

Cream of the crop POTENTIAL I'd say.  This kid is a potential kid based on his measurables, but his PRODUCTION is borderline brutal.  His ranking as a midlevel three star likely bears that out.  Mutt, on the other hand, is a touchdown machine and is a perfect example of how a player extends himself past his very low two star status (at least at this time), and shows you how a prospect fulfills his potential.  That being said, Story is probably UNDERRATED, plays in a pathetic offense,  and should be a four star anyway.  It would be nice to land both.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  622

Cream of the crop POTENTIAL I'd say.  This kid is a potential kid based on his measurables, but his PRODUCTION is borderline brutal.  His ranking as a midlevel three star likely bears that out.  Mutt, on the other hand, is a touchdown machine and is a perfect example of how a player extends himself past his very low two star status (at least at this time), and shows you how a prospect fulfills his potential.  That being said, Story is probably UNDERRATED, plays in a pathetic offense,  and should be a four star anyway.  It would be nice to land both.

Wooo take it easy on our offense killer.. ;)

We run the ball with the best of them. If you consider which recruiting services were present for the combines that Ja'Juan attended and showed out in then you will understand why he is rated like he is... Ja'Juan's coming out party was at the Bradenton UA combine which was covered for the most part by.. ESPN. They have Ja'Juan as the 41st overall prospect in the Nation and I believe the 4th rated WR (4 star).

Then at the ESS combine at Jefferson he ran a 4.37 and dominated 1on1s.. once again it was mainly ESPN but also Weisbaum from usfnation and Michael L from flavarsity. Larry loves Ja'Juan and so does Michael L as you can tell by Ja'Juan's #17 ranking in the flavarsity 100.

The day after the ESS combine was the Nike Combine in Gainesville. He took it easy out there and then you could tell by many reports from the scout/rivals evaluators that they were not as impressed.

That probably sums that up.. Plus we all know that if he commits to UF he will move up to a unanimous 4-star but if he picks..say.. USF he will drop like a rock. You can't look into the star ratings all that much.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  578

I only called him "cream of the crop" because his offer sheet is pretty much a who's-who of college football.  I've never seen him play and thought it was funny to reminisce on Bull Shark's post from months ago.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  622

I only called him "cream of the crop" because his offer sheet is pretty much a who's-who of college football.  I've never seen him play and thought it was funny to reminisce on Bull Shark's post from months ago.

I hear ya.. well who doesn't want a 6-4 195 lb beast with sub-4.4 speed? That, plus him already being a qualifier with a good support system makes him a very intriguing prospect to all of those schools.

He will be visiting UF on Monday.. He already had them high so we will see how this plays out. With FSU, Miami, Clemson and Ohio St having some recent commitments at the WR spot USF still is in good shape in my opinion.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Uh, yeah, I guess.  We are in his top 14.  Still a lot of schools to beat out.  I guess it's better than being out of his top 14.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  143

I'd say our odds at signing Story would be lower that the Lakers pulling out the ping pong ball for the #1 pick. :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763

Story a Gator

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/jun/28/nature-coast-wr-jajuan-story-orally-commits-florid/

Nature Coast WR Ja'Juan Story orally commits to Florida (UPDATE: 4:05 p.m.)

Posted on Monday, June 28, 2010 at 3:35 p.m.

Nature Coast receiver Ja'Juan Story was "amazed" by the University of Florida and what it has to offer.

After his visit last week to the Gainesville campus, he decided to orally commit, doing so Monday afternoon. In a conversation with Florida assistant Dan McCarney, Story said, "Florida is a school that can help me reach my dream."

McCarney then welcomed him to the Gator family.

Story, ranked No. 3 on the Times' Fab 50 prospects list for 2011, had 28 scholarship offers, including ones from schools such as Ohio State, Notre Dame, Miami and Florida State.

"I feel like I've seen everything I've needed to see," Story said. "It was amazing. I got along good with all the coaches. When I talked to the academic man I liked what they had in store for me. I don't even see why I should go somewhere else."

Story had cut his list of suitors in half June 15 hoping to zero in on his top choice by summer's end. He originally had planned to visit some schools because to this point he has had little exposure to most campuses. Story and his uncle, Rudy Story, visited Florida last week and both left with a feeling the Gainesville campus had everything a national contender could offer.

"I think it was a first-class facility from strength and conditioning to the academic program," Rudy Story said. "The whole prgram is second to none. They have things in there I've never seen as far as training. Along with the academic support they have in place it's basically idiot proof. You could graduate in three-and-a-half years if you follow their program. You will walk out with a degree from one of the finest schools in the country and you'll have a chance to be drafted in the NFL."

Of course, it doesn't hurt that Florida happens to be the closest perennial power to Story's hometown. That should make it an easy drive for friends and family to see the Sharks' star athlete play Saturdays in the Swamp.

"I told them I've been thinking about it and Florida is a school that can help me with what I want to do in life," Story said. "I want to earn my master's degree. That's a good school for me to go to. They have a nice campus. I won't get bored with it. I plan on going there for four years."

This fall, Story (6-4, 185 pounds) will begin the season at quarterback. Sharks coach Mark Nash recently moved Story from receiver after Nature Coast's spring evaluation period. Nash made the move to get his playmaker more touches. And without a proven quarterback to get Story the ball outside, this proved to be the best option.

Story primarily played receiver and defensive back in 2009, also sharing time at quarterback. He had 13 receptions for 423 yards (32.5 yards per catch) and three touchdowns. At quarterback, he had 27 carries for 265 yards and two touchdowns (just two starts as a quarterback). Defensively he had 22 tackles and one sack.

ESPNU rates Story a four-star recruit (out of five stars) and No. 41 overall in the nation. Recruiting Web sites Rivals.com and Scout.com both have Story as a three-star recruit.

Story is the bay area's second 2011 Florida commitment joining Tampa Catholic fullback Hunter Joyer, who played two years for Wesley Chapel.

And Story would like to see at least one more bay area recruit land with the Gators. Story is close friends with Pasco LB/DB Jamie Byrd, and the two speak constantly about the recruiting process.

Florida has visited Pasco's campus and looked at Byrd. Story said McCarney expressed interest in Byrd.

"He asked about that Byrd kid," Story said. "He said, 'Were pretty interested in him.' That'll be awesome (if Byrd gets an offer to Florida). We're always talking about going to the same school."