• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls in SEC?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Please tell me you guys aren't serious about firing Woolard if we don't get in the SEC.  It is an extreme long shot that that happens.  As far as the lawsuit, the guys that said he has lawyers to take care of that are spot on.  USF is need of an invite to another conference.  Can't barge into them.  I'm sure feelers are being sent out, but to demand it is crazy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Please tell me you guys aren't serious about firing Woolard if we don't get in the SEC.  It is an extreme long shot that that happens.  As far as the lawsuit, the guys that said he has lawyers to take care of that are spot on.  USF is need of an invite to another conference.  Can't barge into them.  I'm sure feelers are being sent out, but to demand it is crazy.

Yeah demanding SEC is UCiF levels of delusion,I'm hoping that i missed the sarcasm or that you guys will pass whatever you are smoking/drinking on. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm fairly certain there was a heavy dose of sarcasm, directed at the "sky is falling" crowd.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I don't always visit this board, but when I do...it gets more and more delusional.  SEC?  Get real.  Stop being homers and be realistic about the future of the prgram.  Besides going into a revamped SEC would be slightly akin to when we went into the BE for basketball.  We'd be bottom third dwellers for the forseeable future.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I don't always visit this board, but when I do...it gets more and more delusional.  SEC?  Get real.  Stop being homers and be realistic about the future of the prgram.  Besides going into a revamped SEC would be slightly akin to when we went into the BE for basketball.  We'd be bottom third dwellers for the forseeable future.

You need to visit more often, beastie .... Your bubbly personality is sorely missed.

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Why does everyone think that USF would get killed in the SEC?

SEC East

Kentucky = W

Vandy = W

USC = w

UGA (last season) = L/W

Tenn (last season) = L/W

Florida = L (but we'll find out in a few months)

SEC West

Miss St. = W

Miss = W

Arkansas = W (ECU almost took them out)

Auburn = L/W (Beat them before)

LSU = L

Alabama = L

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Why does everyone think that USF would get killed in the SEC?

SEC East

Kentucky = W

Vandy = W

USC = w

UGA (last season) = L/W

Tenn (last season) = L/W

Florida = L (but we'll find out in a few months)

SEC West

Miss St. = W

Miss = W

Arkansas = W (ECU almost took them out)

Auburn = L/W (Beat them before)

LSU = L

Alabama = L

You could easily put a L next to any of the Ws that you put in these scenarios. Did you see the Rutgers game?

I think the main difference between USF and the SEC is that currently we are completely different types of programs. I think we would find ourselves a lot like BC in the ACC; just kind of out of place. If we don't win the BCS bid, we will be regulated to a crap bowl almost every time. If we finish before Bama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida and Arkansas but Tennessee takes the BCS bid, Bowls are going to want those teams before USF in all likelihood. Just like TV-deals, bowls are all about money.

Not saying that we definitely should not go to the SEC, but I think it takes more consideration than everyone is putting into it.

• Content Count:  1,204

Certainly doesn't hurt to try to get in to the SEC.  I don't think Miami or FSU are interested.  So if they want another Florida team then we might be it.  There would be goo reason to expand down here with Florida being the largest state by population in the SE. 

FSU doesn't want to be in the shadow of UF.  Miami doesn't even have the potential for a consistent, rabid fan base.  They have a great history, but their support thins out when the wins fade. 

The Big East was a long shot seven years ago too.  With USF, it is always more about our potential at this point.  I don't think it's likely, but I do think it's possible.  And I think we should explore all options.

I do know that our attendance would automatically climb in the SEC as would our TV ratings.  And we'd have a lot of sellouts at RayJay.

• Content Count:  771

Certainly doesn't hurt to try to get in to the SEC.  I don't think Miami or FSU are interested.  So if they want another Florida team then we might be it.  There would be goo reason to expand down here with Florida being the largest state by population in the SE. 

FSU doesn't want to be in the shadow of UF.   Miami doesn't even have the potential for a consistent, rabid fan base.  They have a great history, but their support thins out when the wins fade. 

The Big East was a long shot seven years ago too.  With USF, it is always more about our potential at this point.  I don't think it's likely, but I do think it's possible.  And I think we should explore all options.

I do know that our attendance would automatically climb in the SEC as would our TV ratings.  And we'd have a lot of sellouts at RayJay.

usf does not have the following to join.  Plus I believe the SEC requires an on campus stadium.  where is usf going to get that money.  Believe me if I was a billionaire I would donate the money to build one, but unfortunately I am not.

Archived