• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Network 'is definitely on the table'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know how successful this network would be if we're stripped of our biggest market in Rutgers....

If a TV network is imminent hopefully that will dissuade Rutgers from leaving thus preserving the #1 TV market, hopefully that same deal could be used to coerce BC, Maryland and Temple to rejoin the Big East. This leaves room for one more team to make it a 12 team football conference....I believe a conference with these teams could positively affect how the conference is viewed.

If they expand the network to cover Football, B-Ball, the olympic sports and hockey that could really be beneficial...

If Rutgers leaves we lose a huge revenue generator from a TV standpoint and we won't be able to get BC and Maryland back for sure and any additional members they would add wouldn't be attractive

The Big Ten Network would die if it was football only.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are way more people in the New York Metro area that care more about St. Johns and Seton Hall Bball, than do RU football. IN NYC ND football is a draw, other than that it's Giants/Jets.

True but a successful RU football program only bolsters things and football seems to be the driving force in conference expansion

The only way a true network works is covering all sports... and since St Johns and Seton Hall are in the #1 TV market, losing Rutgers would not be as bad.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know how successful this network would be if we're stripped of our biggest market in Rutgers....

If a TV network is imminent hopefully that will dissuade Rutgers from leaving thus preserving the #1 TV market, hopefully that same deal could be used to coerce BC, Maryland and Temple to rejoin the Big East. This leaves room for one more team to make it a 12 team football conference....I believe a conference with these teams could positively affect how the conference is viewed.

If they expand the network to cover Football, B-Ball, the olympic sports and hockey that could really be beneficial...

If Rutgers leaves we lose a huge revenue generator from a TV standpoint and we won't be able to get BC and Maryland back for sure and any additional members they would add wouldn't be attractive

The Big Ten Network would die if it was football only.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are way more people in the New York Metro area that care more about St. Johns and Seton Hall Bball, than do RU football. IN NYC ND football is a draw, other than that it's Giants/Jets.

True but a successful RU football program only bolsters things and football seems to be the driving force in conference expansion

The only way a true network works is covering all sports... and since St Johns and Seton Hall are in the #1 TV market, losing Rutgers would not be as bad.

Football is the key to a Big East Network... until we improve our football schools and start tossing some non-football schools over board this ship will sink.

We can keep a few non-football schools on board but there is no way we can keep all of them and hope to survive the Big10 Raid which will occur this summer and the probable ACC's "kill shot" Raid in the next 2-3 years.

If the BEast is to survive then it needs to do something now, starting with football and then worry about making a BEast hockey conf., etc. We could have 12 football schools and still keep Providence (13), St. Johns (14), and Villanova (15) in the conference.

Times a wasting though and the BEast is dragging its feet just like it did when the ACC gutted it the first time around.

• Content Count:  771

I would like to see how many networks get the mountain channel.  I think that would be more in line to what the BE network would get.  Even if Rutgers goes to the big 10 if the BE keeps the cuse we might still get the new york market with a network, and it would be because of basketball.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

If the BULLS are in it, how much would you be willing to pay for a BE channel?

Or, would you expect it to be part of a basic package?

I would like to see how many networks get the mountain channel.  I think that would be more in line to what the BE network would get.  Even if Rutgers goes to the big 10 if the BE keeps the cuse we might still get the new york market with a network, and it would be because of basketball.

Here is what you're looking for -- (http://www.themtn.tv/pages/getthemtn)

And yes, BASKETBALL would be the primary driver behind the Big East Network in most places outside of Florida.

If the Bulls are in it, I would expect Bright House in Tampa would offer it as part of their Digital Basic plan... outside of Tampa Bay or the other Big East markets/states - you'll see it as part of a "sports pack".

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Nailed it!!

• Content Count:  771

If the Bulls are in it, I would expect Bright House in Tampa would offer it as part of their Digital Basic plan... outside of Tampa Bay or the other Big East markets/states - you'll see it as part of a "sports pack".

just looking what the different companies offer for the mountain, i think it would be part of the basic package in most of the BE teams viewing markets.  It would make sense to try and get tcu and houston on top of ucf if they are serious about starting there own network.  If the network becomes successful it would be easier to steal bc or another team from the acc.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This still does nothing for us that would rather watch flies hump with paint drying in the background than watch basketball; it just kills it for those of us.  Just really blows if we lose the football aspect of our conference.

• Content Count:  4,016

these conversations always go in the toilet when people start talking about tossing non-football schools.  It shows how out of touch they are to the realities of things.  USF gets tossed way before any of the non-football/Catholic Universities.  Remember that before you start associating us in the wrong fraternal organization.

Archived