• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Network 'is definitely on the table'

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

A few guys may want to take their proverbial foot out of their mouths now after talking down to Marinatto, and his lack of 'proactive' approach for the BE.  :ROFLMAO  Just like an message board a few always think they can do it better.

I do think the BE could pull this off if they were smart and became a hockey conference they've got 4 schools with hockey in the RU, Uconn, Providence, and ND.

• Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

there is a quote from everyone's favorite "journalist"... ;)

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

TV deal or not; add in weak C-DOA teams and you will kill our already weakly looked at football conference

• Content Count:  4,016

TV deal or not; add in weak C-DOA teams and you will kill our already weakly looked at football conference

For sure.  The question would be could they even get this off the ground within the next 3-4 years before the next level of expansion takes place.  The answer is doubtful.  Second, if they can and the B10's first move is to take say RU...then I think all bets would be off and the BE might consider expansion to say 20 teams for the bennie of football and conference survival.  They add teams for the betterment of the network, maybe 2 additional for football purposes, and 2 additional for hockey purposes (so the BE could start a full scale hockey conference for more revenue, more networking possibilities).

In those instances say RU is gone and we're adding 5- you take Umass, Buffalo, ECU, maybe UCF, and maybe a Miami of Ohio, or BGSU.  That provides a mix of football, hockey, academia, and some decent hoops in Umass.

But I do not believe a network is a near term possibility, or maybe never.  So this talk probably is for not.

• Content Count:  849

I don't know how successful this network would be if we're stripped of our biggest market in Rutgers....

If a TV network is imminent hopefully that will dissuade Rutgers from leaving thus preserving the #1 TV market, hopefully that same deal could be used to coerce BC, Maryland and Temple to rejoin the Big East. This leaves room for one more team to make it a 12 team football conference....I believe a conference with these teams could positively affect how the conference is viewed.

If they expand the network to cover Football, B-Ball, the olympic sports and hockey that could really be beneficial...

If Rutgers leaves we lose a huge revenue generator from a TV standpoint and we won't be able to get BC and Maryland back for sure and any additional members they would add wouldn't be attractive

• Content Count:  4,738

Most likely will only air in bball season since all the football schools will be gone

I don't know how successful this network would be if we're stripped of our biggest market in Rutgers....

If a TV network is imminent hopefully that will dissuade Rutgers from leaving thus preserving the #1 TV market, hopefully that same deal could be used to coerce BC, Maryland and Temple to rejoin the Big East. This leaves room for one more team to make it a 12 team football conference....I believe a conference with these teams could positively affect how the conference is viewed.

If they expand the network to cover Football, B-Ball, the olympic sports and hockey that could really be beneficial...

If Rutgers leaves we lose a huge revenue generator from a TV standpoint and we won't be able to get BC and Maryland back for sure and any additional members they would add wouldn't be attractive

The only way a true network works is covering all sports... and since St Johns and Seton Hall are in the #1 TV market, losing Rutgers would not be as bad.

The Big Ten Network would die if it was football only.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The Big East also has some top flight lacrosse programs that would provide great content for the BE Network.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The only way a true network works is covering all sports... and since St Johns and Seton Hall are in the #1 TV market, losing Rutgers would not be as bad.

The Big Ten Network would die if it was football only.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are way more people in the New York Metro area that care more about St. Johns and Seton Hall Bball, than do RU football. IN NYC ND football is a draw, other than that it's Giants/Jets.

Archived