• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hopkins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Very impressive with the opportunities he was given. The plays he made are what we will need to see Lamar do this upcoming season. Hopefully he will get some looks at WR and in the return game.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think we could see a very creative and dangerous offense with guy like Hopkins, Lamar and Battles on screens after we stretch the defense with the long ball (or vice-versa). I don't expect much from our RBs, and hopefully thee types fo plays can make up for it.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

What this team has been missing is an Ian Randolph on the team.

• Content Count:  86

I love Lamar but imo Hopkins seems to have progressed quicker. I expect Hokins to play a role this year

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Hopkins came in as a WR. Give Lamar some time to develop.

• Content Count:  4,879

i hope hopkins is the return man in gainesville

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

i agree, the redshirt obviously has helped Hopkins.........what they should have done to Lamar to bulk up a lil..........

• Content Count:  4,016

Lamar's issue is his size.  He got dinged up again last night, and he still looks like a pee-wee player with his helmet on, and definitely looks like he's struggling to keep 160lbs on his body.  I want him to excel but a lot will depend how he can develop physically to take the pounding.  Hopkins is smaller height wise, but much stockier then Lamar, and showed once to catch a tough pass inside and fight for some tough yards.  A good sign, and it's a good hopeful sign that these two can develop and be at least a nice 1-2 punch to bring some explosive speed to the field over time but neither is a finished product yet.  I still think Lamar is slightly more explosive but he dropped an easy catch, and caught two passes on screens with his body.  He's got a lot to work on and you can tell that Hopkins is the more experienced receiver between the two.  I do hope the S&C staff can get some real size and muscle on him hopefully at least 10lbs so he can stand a better chance to compete for us game-in and game-out next year.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Lamar will not gain 10 lbs of muscle while maintaining his speed with this S&C staff. See Selvie, George.

• Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Lamar will not gain 10 lbs of muscle while maintaining his speed with this S&C staff. See Selvie, George.

Selvie who?

Archived