• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East In serious trouble of being carved up (link)

Guest Sunburned

Also, Sunburned, what current members were established after USF? I won't doubt I missed some but we'd definitely be very close to the youngest. Do  note those dates are not when the university was established. Most have been members long before we were even founded.

Do your own research.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

There is one thing that I know:

We do not want UCiF in the Big East...........

49922401.jpg

MY EYES!!!!!

OMFG_MY_EYES_ARE_BLEEDING_by_leakymuffin.gif

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Slick,

Congress, the Supreme Court, and the President cannot force playoffs. People may want it but the School presidents are the only ones to push it through.

Regardless of what congress does the POWER conferences will rule football forever and ever.

If the Big East falls out and we're not picked up we could be in trouble.

if that happens

usf should drop football

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660

Has any team ever left a BCS conference to go to a non-BCS conference besides Temple?

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF will go independent before joining a non bcs league.  Did you hear this.  Under NO circumstances would USF join a non BCS league.  USF will be picked up, but even if not, won't go joining CDOA, MAC or Sunbelt.  As long as the BE only loses a couple, they will retain BCS bid.

Has any team ever left a BCS conference to go to a non-BCS conference besides Temple?

I believe Temple didn't choose to leave, they were kicked out during the ACC-Big East shakeup in 2004.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660

I believe Temple didn't choose to leave, they were kicked out during the ACC-Big East shakeup in 2004.

Yeah I know they were kicked out, but has any other team gone that route (regardless of being forced out or not)?

If the big shakeup comes and there are 5 bcs conferences of minimum 14 teams each, that means there will be at least 70 bcs teams.  Right now there are 66 bcs teams.  I think everyone finds a home with 4 non-bcs teams added to the mix (TCU and Utah being the top candidates).  I think everyone agrees we would be an attractive candidate for the ACC or the SEC.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Yeah I know they were kicked out, but has any other team gone that route (regardless of being forced out or not)?

If the big shakeup comes and there are 5 bcs conferences of minimum 14 teams each, that means there will be at least 70 bcs teams.  Right now there are 66 bcs teams.  I think everyone finds a home with 4 non-bcs teams added to the mix (TCU and Utah being the top candidates).  I think everyone agrees we would be an attractive candidate for the ACC or the SEC.

Yes, but would UM or FSU fight to keep us out. 

If you believe the UCF fans they are #1 in line for ACC and SEC, jumping over all the other BE teams.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

If you believe the UCF fans they are #1 in line for ACC and SEC, jumping over all the other BE teams.

first mistake  ;D

What about the old SWC? Would that count for SMU, Rice, and TCU?

Archived