• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East In serious trouble of being carved up (link)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The Big East thanks to its incompetence is dead... I doubt that Notre Dame will give up its sovereignty to join the Big16 but who knows America is locked in the throws of another depression and money is tight. Either way the next few weeks will be exciting for us Big East Raid speculators that want to see the Big East expand or be demolished.

In my professional opinion as a Bullspen wallflower  ::), I beleive that the Big East will lose the below schools:

With ND:

1.) Notre Dame

2.) Rutgers

3.) Syracuse

Without ND:

1.) Rutgers

2.) Syracuse

3.) Pittsburgh

I don't see the Big10 going to 16 teams and can understand a 14 team conference. If this occurs then I also believe that the Big East will add:

1.) Memphis

2.) Southern Miss.

3.) UCiF

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

The ACC would be completely attracted to USF.

1) Good academics, research school, etc.

2) Great Non-football Facilities (Baseball, Softball, and Basketball construction will be done by then)

3) A great stadium (65k capacity) and new practice fields

4) Close travel to other ACC schools. If the ACC loses a team or has to expand, it'll most likely realign the conference and make an ACC-North and ACC-South (that is, if BC is still in the league).

5) Growing fan base

6) Already has the standard ACC sport teams (Football, baseball, softball, Soccer M&W, Tennis, Golf, Track & Field)...just don't have Swimming.

• Content Count:  557

The Big East thanks to its incompetence is dead... I doubt that Notre Dame will give up its sovereignty to join the Big16 but who knows America is locked in the throws of another depression and money is tight. Either way the next few weeks will be exciting for us Big East Raid speculators that want to see the Big East expand or be demolished.

In my professional opinion as a Bullspen wallflower  ::), I beleive that the Big East will lose the below schools:

With ND:

1.) Notre Dame

2.) Rutgers

3.) Syracuse

Without ND:

1.) Rutgers

2.) Syracuse

3.) Pittsburgh

I don't see the Big10 going to 16 teams and can understand a 14 team conference. If this occurs then I also believe that the Big East will add:

1.) Memphis

2.) Southern Miss.

3.) UCiF

I also think that they will expand to 14 teams. IMO Mizzou, Pitt and ND make the most sense. There are natural rivalries there and they are members of the AAU. If ND doesn't go then it will either be Cuse or Nebraska. I think the BE loses 2 teams at the most.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Obviously I think the Big Ten wants ND but I don't think it will happen. ND seems to value their independance too much. If they would join any conference it would put the kabosh on playing games in New York and Dublin.

Anyway, I think the 1st team the Big 10 is looking at is Rutgers because of that New York market. That one just screams out.

I don't think the Big East will lose their AQ into the BCS, with the pressure the BCS is getting from Congress they are not going to EXCLUDE more schools, they will just give the MWC an AQ and the Big East and them will be viewed as joke conferences with access, even an undefeated school from the Big East or MWC would be lucky to get into the championship game. Cincy and TCU showed that this season and I think that will continue. The voters and the polls will make sure everyone is in their place.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

How secretive was USF when they held conversations with the Big East? And do you feel that Doug and USF is sitting back and letting things happen in front of them?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Slick,

Congress removing the BCS would be more fatal to us than the loss of a few schools.

No doubt we'd have no huge bowl tie in, and USF would be on par with every "smaller" school in the south at that point.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bullsheaven,

we have a shot at the ACC. That assumes two things though.

1) they want to expand

2) they won't grab UConn and Pitt/Cuse to fill in the island BC is on.

I wouldn't bank on the ACC expanding or coming south again

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I've been reading the articles posted here, and on ACC boards. IMO, we are screwed. IF this realignment happens, I don't think that we will be absorbed by the ACC. What I've read is ACC passibly adding, WVU , ECU, UL and Cincy or other mixes very few of which that add USF USF. The ACC brass in N.C. does not want another Florida school. I think that we will end up in a watered down BE which most likely would lose it's status as an AQ conference. I really hope that Mr. Woolard is working behind the scenes, very fine line to walk. with Bill Stewart's comments, it seems as though there are talks going on elsewhere.

• Content Count:  557

I've been reading the articles posted here, and on ACC boards. IMO, we are screwed. IF this realignment happens, I don't think that we will be absorbed by the ACC. What I've read is ACC passibly adding, WVU , ECU, UL and Cincy or other mixes very few of which that add USF USF. The ACC brass in N.C. does not want another Florida school. I think that we will end up in a watered down BE which most likely would lose it's status as an AQ conference. I really hope that Mr. Woolard is working behind the scenes, very fine line to walk. with Bill Stewart's comments, it seems as though there are talks going on elsewhere.

I don't think ECU will be part of the equation. There are already 4 teams from NC in the ACC, they don't want a 5th.

Archived