• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Spring Depth Chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Since when has Daniel Bryant played cornerback? I thought he was going to be really good for us at reciever..

yeh why is he at cornerback?

I think it was safe to say that, under the new scheme, his talent was going to be left on the sideline as a receiver.  Combine that with the lack of depth at corner for right now, AND his willingness to switch positions, the switch was obvious.

He picked off a pass from BJ Daniels in the scrimmage, BTW.  So at least he did one thing right

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Guest Scherdin

So far I think all the moves are in the right direction...still have a long time until August.

Very scared about our QB situation though...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

real football

with real football coaches

it is exciting

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

i think our RBs are all pretty much equal....

murray battles plancher miller

i just see the same back in all of them... i'd start murray tho

In the Spring Game ..... I'd be surprised if Hayes wasn't pushing for starter come fall.

yeah i'm on the Hayes bandwagon already too... i think hes the unquestioned starter by mid season

Slide over homie

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

"I’m sure everybody’s not happy with it. But as I told them, this is Scrimmage One. These aren’t final. We didn’t determine who’s starting in the first game today. What we did was determine who our 1s, 2s and 3s are at this point. If you don’t like where you are, then change it. Come out here on the practice field and make the most of it. Get in that meeting room, study your playbook, learn what you’re supposed to do, come out here on the field and make a difference.â€

– Holtz on the players’ reaction to his initial depth chart."

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

:clap

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

"I’m sure everybody’s not happy with it. But as I told them, this is Scrimmage One. These aren’t final. We didn’t determine who’s starting in the first game today. What we did was determine who our 1s, 2s and 3s are at this point. If you don’t like where you are, then change it. Come out here on the practice field and make the most of it. Get in that meeting room, study your playbook, learn what you’re supposed to do, come out here on the field and make a difference.â€

– Holtz on the players’ reaction to his initial depth chart."

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

:clap

I love me some Skip!!!!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I like the idea of lamar at WR as long as they dont send him running routes in the middle of the  field.

Gotta disagree here, this is where he could really kill a defense. A quick slant over the middle and he will be matched up against a LB (best case) or safety (worst case), either of which he will be able to blow by and be in the open field with corners trying to track him down. This is how Wes Welker has made a living and a very viable option for Lamar.

The key to all of this is teaching BJ how to read defenses, hitting the short routes in stride, and not getting his receivers blown up. If the QB does his job, there is no reason for the receivers to have to take any big hits. Also Lamar needs to get some instinct pretty quickly and know that if you have to camp out over the middle and wait for the ball, secure it and then get down.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I like the idea of lamar at WR as long as they dont send him running routes in the middle of the  field.

Gotta disagree here, this is where he could really kill a defense. A quick slant over the middle and he will be matched up against a LB (best case) or safety (worst case), either of which he will be able to blow by and be in the open field with corners trying to track him down. This is how Wes Welker has made a living and a very viable option for Lamar.

The key to all of this is teaching BJ how to read defenses, hitting the short routes in stride, and not getting his receivers blown up. If the QB does his job, there is no reason for the receivers to have to take any big hits. Also Lamar needs to get some instinct pretty quickly and know that if you have to camp out over the middle and wait for the ball, secure it and then get down.

Im just thinking of the time the LB or Safety meets Lamar head on and hits him so hard he does cartwheels.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

Im just thinking of the time the LB or Safety meets Lamar head on and hits him so hard he does cartwheels.

Probably not a good thing when you catch the ball 7 yards down field and get hit so hard your QB is picking you up 7 yards being the line of scrimmage.  :)

Archived