• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bill could elevate UF's status in state - (This can and will affect USF sports)

TBBull717

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

gotta love repulbicans with their ridiculous laws they try to pass

to much government in our lives

republicans are the big culprits of too much government?

i must've missed what obama-care is doing..

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

I would go R. Kelly on Senator Lynn if this ever got approved.

You'd pee on another person?

=p

thats what hes saying.....sometimes its what u gotta do to get your point across

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

uf will never get confused with uc berkley

• Content Count:  2,213

USF should consider exchanging their aquiescence to this piece of garbage in exchange for the promise of zelous advocacy from FL gov't officials in the chance UF, FSU or even Miami are in a position to control (vote on) the future of USF's conference affiliation.

The VA Legislature was huge for Va tech a few years back.  And this naming billl is dopey and nobody will know of the designation, a week after this rep gets her crappy "freedom fry" measure passed.

• Content Count:  791

Florida public universities will never truly excel until students, professors, administrators, and trustees stand up to state politicians and tell them we're going to run Florida universities--not you politicians.  The Florida legislature over the years has thrown every possible roadblock in front of higher education progress, with every scheme imaginable from the board of regents to today's board of governors--it's a mess.  The pharmacy school going in Lakeland, this SB whatever it is about UF being elite, it's totally lame.

The state should help fund universities and then step aside and let administrators and trustees do the academic side.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Good I hope they pass this... I see this as the eventual death of UF football... their GP standards will have to be raised to meet MIT and thus no more room for athletes which would not qualify.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Any school that has their tour guides say "Some may say we're the Harvard of the South, but we think of it as Harvard being the Florida of the North" doesn't deserve a flagship status for their head being so far up their 'you know what'.  And while Albert has his head there, Rocky, Chief Osceola, Knightro, Owsley, Roary, Ozzie, and Venom (maybe some help from Sebastian) should all go Oregon Duck on him.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Florida public universities will never truly excel until students, professors, administrators, and trustees stand up to state politicians and tell them we're going to run Florida universities--not you politicians.  The Florida legislature over the years has thrown every possible roadblock in front of higher education progress, with every scheme imaginable from the board of regents to today's board of governors--it's a mess.  The pharmacy school going in Lakeland, this SB whatever it is about UF being elite, it's totally lame.

The state should help fund universities and then step aside and let administrators and trustees do the academic side.

And then those administrators will just complain that the state doesn't give them enough money.  All public education sectors are overfunded, they just are terrible at allocating resources. 

The same type of bureaucracies that infest government at every level are found in the universities.  The sense of entitlement there and in government in general is huge.

I doubt the "Crown UF King" resolution goes anywhere.  It still has to go past the House, does it not?  Tampa, Miami, Orlando, and Tallahassee will all have significant representation.  It will probably get heard since the new Speaker is a UF grad, though the Speaker Pro Tempore is a USF grad.

I think there are too many USF, FSU, UCF, Miami, etc grads to block it.  I doubt most UF fans or grads will really care about it (they haven't in the past), but the larger population in the state might not like it.  The Gators are very popular, but I'd wager that FSU, Miami, UCF, and USF fans and grads outnumber them in the state when added up together. 

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Just another politician doing what politicians do best - blowing hot air.

The reason why California schools are all ranked so high is that the state dumps so much tax dollars on them. Florida will never be able to match that.

Archived