• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

brett mcmurphy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

He better be right if this ends up in a courtroom, or he can kiss his career and maybe his money goodbye.

And yes, Brett is currently 0-for-4 at trying to take down the basketball team this year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you Brett. Now Bulls fan can hope again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

I wrote BM and asked him how he got the stories before the other media outlets. Didn't expect a reply and haven't gotten one either.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Just like he's done numerous other times .... only this one, finally, appears to have a little more truth than the others did... although the use of the term "legit sources" may have been used loosely there. 

He spoke with credible individuals close to the player who claimed to have heard of the situaton the day it happened, he spoke with numerous (I think 5) players within the lockerroom who confirmed the incident, and he talked to Joel himself.  What could be more reliable than that. 

A reporter doesn't have to proves something before he can report it, it just has to be credible and this situation, beyond any doubt, rises well above that level.  If it turns out (against unbelievable odds) Leavitt is telling the truth and none of this really happened then it wouldn't be Brett's fault - it woudl be a story about how a coach lost complete control of his football team to the point they framed him.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i think with this specific issue...

bmm used question methods to obtain the info... but he got it right

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just like he's done numerous other times .... only this one, finally, appears to have a little more truth than the others did... although the use of the term "legit sources" may have been used loosely there. 

He spoke with credible individuals close to the player who claimed to have heard of the situaton the day it happened, he spoke with numerous (I think 5) players within the lockerroom who confirmed the incident, and he talked to Joel himself.  What could be more reliable than that. 

A reporter doesn't have to proves something before he can report it, it just has to be credible and this situation, beyond any doubt, rises well above that level.  If it turns out (against unbelievable odds) Leavitt is telling the truth and none of this really happened then it wouldn't be Brett's fault - it woudl be a story about how a coach lost complete control of his football team to the point they framed him.

That isn't the point.  He just wrote an article on Famous that was wrong.  He wrote an article on Gilchrist that was wrong.  He's written many articles over the years on info that was plain wrong.  Not slightly misinterpreted, but completely wrong.  He gets one story right and all of a sudden people should give him credit?  If one out of every five of your work assignments was done right, and the rest you got wrong, how long would you have a job?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I may be wrong but I don't think he spoke to Joel before breaking the story .... and if he talked to 5 players that confirmed the striking part of the incident, how come the investigators couldn't find 5 that confirmed it ... and the only supposedly credible sources close to the situation that didn't change their second hand story at least once was the hs football coach ... and I've got sources that say he isn't the most honorable being on the planet, either ... deacon or no deacon.

A reporter doesn't have to proves something before he can report it, it just has to be credible and this situation, beyond any doubt, rises well above that level.

I think if it was well above "just credible", we wouldn't be having this conversation ..

If it turns out (against unbelievable odds) Leavitt is telling the truth and none of this really happened then it wouldn't be Brett's fault

The truth is somewhere in the middle of all the stories ...

- it woudl be a story about how a coach lost complete control of his football team to the point they framed him.

LOL ... You're joking, right?? ... the WHOLE team framed him?  ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

Triple are you a USF fan or a Leavitt fan? It appears you want USF to fail since they fired your hero.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I may be wrong but I don't think he spoke to Joel before breaking the story .... and if he talked to 5 players that confirmed the striking part of the incident, how come the investigators couldn't find 5 that confirmed it ... and the only supposedly credible sources close to the situation that didn't change their second hand story at least once was the hs football coach ... and I've got sources that say he isn't the most honorable being on the planet, either ... deacon or no deacon.

A reporter doesn't have to proves something before he can report it, it just has to be credible and this situation, beyond any doubt, rises well above that level.

I think if it was well above "just credible", we wouldn't be having this conversation ..

If it turns out (against unbelievable odds) Leavitt is telling the truth and none of this really happened then it wouldn't be Brett's fault

The truth is somewhere in the middle of all the stories ...

- it woudl be a story about how a coach lost complete control of his football team to the point they framed him.

LOL ... You're joking, right?? ... the WHOLE team framed him?   ::)

i would absolutely LOVE to hear about your sources on coach mitchell... he is hard nosed and very old school but straight as an edge and incredibly religious.

very doubtful

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

incredibly religious.

Oh, well he MUST be a great guy then. I don't think I've ever heard of a person who was "incredibly religious" and yet morally questionable. Nope, not one example comes to mind.

Archived