• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

brett mcmurphy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

incredibly religious.

Oh, well he MUST be a great guy then. I don't think I've ever heard of a person who was "incredibly religious" and yet morally questionable. Nope, not one example comes to mind.

i think it is very obvious to all that being religious does not make you a good person... i didn't mean that because he is religious he is a great guy...

i know him and he is a good person.

the only people that don't like him are:

1. disgruntled football parents whose kids don't see enough playing time...

2. that or they dislike his discipline methods (very no-nonsense type of guy)

3. Wharton students (when i was in HS he was really tough and nobody liked him cuz he was by the book and if you did something wrong he WOULD get you)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trip i dont want to know WHO your sources are just what they say about mitchell

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Triple are you a USF fan or a Leavitt fan?

There is your problem right there ... You can't grasp how someone can be both.

It appears you want USF to fail since they fired your hero.

Only if by fail, you mean pony up some more money for him ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Ethics pertaining to discipline was one of the things and just the overall way he did things... and it came from a peer, not a parent or student.

And that's my last on the subject.

Ethics pertaining to discipline was one of the things and just the overall way he did things... and it came from a peer, not a parent or student.

And that's my last on the subject.

thx... he may be tough but certainly not a liar

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

incredibly religious.

Oh, well he MUST be a great guy then. I don't think I've ever heard of a person who was "incredibly religious" and yet morally questionable. Nope, not one example comes to mind.

i think it is very obvious to all that being religious does not make you a good person... i didn't mean that because he is religious he is a great guy...

i know him and he is a good person.

the only people that don't like him are:

1. disgruntled football parents whose kids don't see enough playing time...

2. that or they dislike his discipline methods (very no-nonsense type of guy)

3. Wharton students (when i was in HS he was really tough and nobody liked him cuz he was by the book and if you did something wrong he WOULD get you)

Sounds very much like what you could say about Leavitt.....

Doesn't prove a darn thing

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

That isn't the point.  He just wrote an article on Famous that was wrong.  He wrote an article on Gilchrist that was wrong.  He's written many articles over the years on info that was plain wrong.  Not slightly misinterpreted, but completely wrong.  He gets one story right and all of a sudden people should give him credit?  If one out of every five of your work assignments was done right, and the rest you got wrong, how long would you have a job?

Then I think you should bash him on topics about those articles.  The fact that he was bashed so hard on this, and then turned out he was right, certainly makes him look the victim.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

- it woudl be a story about how a coach lost complete control of his football team to the point they framed him.

LOL ... You're joking, right?? ... the WHOLE team framed him?   ::)

I don't know about the whole team, but there certainly haven't been many people who where in the locker room standing up saying Leavitt was just asking the kid if he was alright.  So far no one is terribly upset about the rail road job done on Leavitt to the extent they have left the program. 

If the number of sources obtained before publishing this report doesn't rise to the level of credibility for you then I am not sure what would.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That isn't the point.  He just wrote an article on Famous that was wrong.  He wrote an article on Gilchrist that was wrong.  He's written many articles over the years on info that was plain wrong.  Not slightly misinterpreted, but completely wrong.  He gets one story right and all of a sudden people should give him credit?  If one out of every five of your work assignments was done right, and the rest you got wrong, how long would you have a job?

Then I think you should bash him on topics about those articles.  The fact that he was bashed so hard on this, and then turned out he was right, certainly makes him look the victim.

The victim?  Of what?  A little criticism?  He's a grown up reporter for crying out loud.  The original report was still shaky.  For that matter, the whole incident with Miller is still questionable.  The fact that Leavitt got fired doesn't change that. 

And it certainly appears that Leavitt got fired for retailation, not the original "incident".  So, no, I don't see McMurphy as a victim at all.

The victim?  Of what?  A little criticism?  He's a grown up reporter for crying out loud.  The original report was still shaky.  For that matter, the whole incident with Miller is still questionable.  The fact that Leavitt got fired doesn't change that. 

And it certainly appears that Leavitt got fired for retailation, not the original "incident".  So, no, I don't see McMurphy as a victim at all.

what retaliation?

in the report his retaliation was a few sentences in a 30pgs

Archived