• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-10 280 center Maurice Walker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Vega, my comments were directed more generally toward the posters who only seem to rip players personally and seldom add anything else.  You eat, sleep and breath basketball and I actually look for your posts so don't take my post as directed at you personally.  If a player has an attitude or drug problem, I have no qualms about showing him the door.  I never blinked twice when they let a number of guys go in the past or even Ford recently, though I was disappointed.  Still, I didn't rake them over the coals 30 posts a day like some on here.  As for Famous, if he had to be separated from a coach, then geez, at least that's an IMPROVEMENT!  lol   Still may be hope for him.  If he can't be motivated, then replace him when you have someone who is an upgrade.  But until you do, you have to be careful not to contribute to growing an atmosphere that's "toxic" around the program which recruits can smell.  Let's face it, if recruits think they won't even get one year to "figure it out", there's plenty of places that will and that shrinks the recruiting pool.  As you know more than anyone, we have ZERO room for error in basketball.

You're comments better not have been directed toward me because I only comment on playing ability, and have never attacked players personally. If you think I attack players personally than your brain capacity for reading comprehension is very limited.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

As for Famous, if he had to be separated from a coach, then geez, at least that's an IMPROVEMENT!  lol   Still may be hope for him. 

^^^^^^^This Here.. :ROFLMAO...^^^^^^^

You know that could actually be some truth there

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Vega, you don't need to be telling me to "get the hell out" of anywhere.  There's a difference between having a discussion, and insulting kids for no reason.  You are smart enough to know the difference. 

If you would like to have a mature conversation about it, then we can do so.  Otherwise, think before you post.

Vega, my comments were directed more generally toward the posters who only seem to rip players personally and seldom add anything else.  You eat, sleep and breath basketball and I actually look for your posts so don't take my post as directed at you personally.  If a player has an attitude or drug problem, I have no qualms about showing him the door.  I never blinked twice when they let a number of guys go in the past or even Ford recently, though I was disappointed.  Still, I didn't rake them over the coals 30 posts a day like some on here.  As for Famous, if he had to be separated from a coach, then geez, at least that's an IMPROVEMENT!  lol   Still may be hope for him.  If he can't be motivated, then replace him when you have someone who is an upgrade.  But until you do, you have to be careful not to contribute to growing an atmosphere that's "toxic" around the program which recruits can smell.  Let's face it, if recruits think they won't even get one year to "figure it out", there's plenty of places that will and that shrinks the recruiting pool.  As you know more than anyone, we have ZERO room for error in basketball.

You're comments better not have been directed toward me because I only comment on playing ability, and have never attacked players personally.

(Edited by DataBull - Why do assume it was directed at you?)

Like you said in the game thread the other day, when Famous leaves it will be a great day in USF basketball history.

For the record, this is a personal and unnecessary attack on a player.

The guy is soft and when your middle is soft you get exposed and exploited by the opposing teams which is what happened to USF and a huge reason why they didn't do better then they could have.

If there was a better option available, I'm sure Heath would have used it.  His poor play is not a reason to act like a middle school kid and call him names.  You have a lot of knowledge that is greatly appreciated here on TheBullspen.  But keep it at the discussion level and not at the personal attack level.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Are we going to have the same disgusting conversations about basketball players that we do about football players?  A great day when Famous leaves?  What is the point of that?  Famous may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he was better than the options.  He plays offense well, needs to work on his defense.  It'd be great if we could bring in someone better.  But why wish him off the team? 

Why you guys feel the need to berate and insult young people that are learning how to become adults is beyond me.  If you want to insult a professional athlete or entertainer making millions, that's one thing.  Feel free to point out where a player needs to improve.  But the ridicule and insults are completely unnecessary.  Grow up, people.

I am all for not talking about a player's personal life, and not making fun of him personally...but this is about Famous' play.  He's very soft inside, and it's unfortunate but he's talented, and athletic so Heath can't sit him, but the fact is he plays to soft for his size and becomes an hinderance and not a help to our offensive sets, and he's weak defensively.  When he leaves it will be good for the program's development.  He's overrated as a player, and could be a much better player if he cut the attitude, and pretty-boy play on the court.  I've never seen a 6-11/7ft play so passive on defense and rebounding.  A player like him should be averaging close to 10 rebounds and 1.5block shots per game!  He's had 20 blocked shots this year...20!!!!!!!!!!!!  Dominque Jones has had 19!!!  Toarlyn Fitzpatrick has had 32.  Jarrid averaged over 30 minutes per game...he rebounding, and block shot numbers are pathetic given that time on the court for a guy that's near 7ft and as athletic as him.

That's just the facts.  Nevermind the rumors he got into it with a coach and virtually ignores the staff's pleas to play tougher defense-- jeez just to play defense-- the fact is Famous is a hinderance to this team.  IF he returns (not a guarantee), i do think Anderson, and Fitz will push to cut his minutes drastically down from the interior...and we will probably be better for it.

It's only fair to discuss his play when it's so uninspiring...especially when so many on our team played with such heart and determination this year.  Yeah Dojo is a ball hog, but passionate, Mercer, Fitz, Gus, Howard...they left it all on the court this year.  So I am sure Famous' laissez faire attitude about defense surely had to get the rest of the team fired up at times.

If Famous is so bad, why did he get so much time?  Heath isn't stupid.  He was still the best option. 

Regardless, as I keep saying, discussing his play is one thing.  Calling the player middle schoolish names is another.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

If Famous is so bad, why did he get so much time?  Heath isn't stupid.  He was still the best option. 

Regardless, as I keep saying, discussing his play is one thing.  Calling the player middle schoolish names is another.

Sadly he was the best option.  Rivas couldn't play for two months, ditto for Gus, Fitz was still learning so he was a necessity and not in a good way at times.  In the last five minutes against NCST when the game was on the line Coach sat Famous for Fitz.  That should tell you what you need to know about his play.  Even in the pivotal moments of the game when we needed to make that last stand.

Part of discussing his play is about his piss poor attitude.  I am not advocating calling him a 'punk' or anything but he's been a tough kid to coach for the staff.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

and I cannot recall a softer center then Famous.

I can, and he played for USF. Two words--Scott Johnson.  :)

Archived