• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-10 280 center Maurice Walker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

man vega I stand corrected...tonight Famous played so pitifully, and so lethargic if he wants to go then I say let him.  How does a 6-11/7ft dude let a 6-8 PF like Smith back him up like that and score on him.  He played so soft and passive it was ridiculous, even his fouls were weak, not at least blocking the shots and getting his money's worth.  Also where's his rebounding prowess too.  We were a better team tonight when Fitz was on the floor despite having less offensive skills then Famous.  I know Famous had 4 fouls but his absence in the last 5 minutes sent a message.  Fitz got the 5th foul against Smith and his weak attempt to back him down....Famous would have just given ground.  That foul gave us a chance to win the game.

Even dough Fitz missed a couple under the basket buckets this year, He places harder and has more blocks the last couple games then the 2 loosers that are 2 to 3 inches taller then him on the team. If I was Fitz I would shoot more too, it seems like he might have a better jumper then 80% people on the team.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We really need this kid.  And a shooter!

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

man vega I stand corrected...tonight Famous played so pitifully, and so lethargic if he wants to go then I say let him.  How does a 6-11/7ft dude let a 6-8 PF like Smith back him up like that and score on him.  He played so soft and passive it was ridiculous, even his fouls were weak, not at least blocking the shots and getting his money's worth.  Also where's his rebounding prowess too.  We were a better team tonight when Fitz was on the floor despite having less offensive skills then Famous.  I know Famous had 4 fouls but his absence in the last 5 minutes sent a message.  Fitz got the 5th foul against Smith and his weak attempt to back him down....Famous would have just given ground.  That foul gave us a chance to win the game.

Even dough Fitz missed a couple under the basket buckets this year, He places harder and has more blocks the last couple games then the 2 loosers that are 2 to 3 inches taller then him on the team. If I was Fitz I would shoot more too, it seems like he might have a better jumper then 80% people on the team.

I like Fitz a lot. I think he hit a wall as most freshmen do but overall I thought he was better then advertised. He needs a big summer of weight room and film study between now and his sophomore season. I think he and Anderson will improve our interior presence tremendously. We need to find another guy like them and this Walker has a chance to be good once he gets in to a college weight system.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

According to Greg, Famous is saying he's coming back now. Not sure if that's good news though.

IMO fantastic news. Famous has all the tools to be great for us next year! I think he can become a 14 points, 9 rebounds a game guy.

I'd rather let Fitzpatrick get on the floor and develop a low post game. He can shoot away from the basket and if he gets the low post game he'll be tough to defend.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I like Fitz a lot. I think he hit a wall as most freshmen do but overall I thought he was better then advertised. He needs a big summer of weight room and film study between now and his sophomore season. I think he and Anderson will improve our interior presence tremendously. We need to find another guy like them and this Walker has a chance to be good once he gets in to a college weight system.

+1. Fitz has trememdous upside. More so than Famous. Like you said in the game thread the other day, when Famous leaves it will be a great day in USF basketball history.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Are we going to have the same disgusting conversations about basketball players that we do about football players?  A great day when Famous leaves?  What is the point of that?  Famous may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he was better than the options.  He plays offense well, needs to work on his defense.  It'd be great if we could bring in someone better.  But why wish him off the team? 

Why you guys feel the need to berate and insult young people that are learning how to become adults is beyond me.  If you want to insult a professional athlete or entertainer making millions, that's one thing.  Feel free to point out where a player needs to improve.  But the ridicule and insults are completely unnecessary.  Grow up, people.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Well stated Databull.  People lose site of the big picture that these guys are BULLS.  We are all on the same team.  Then again, some folks will cut their own flesh and blood to the bone to make themselves feel better so I'm not surprised.  There's a fine line between being a "fan" and being a "parasite".  Some need to take a step back and figure out really which one they are.  Put the coaches to the fire all day long, that's why they're paid fortunes for what they do.  But keep some perspective on the players.  Hey, trust me I've about threatened the lives of more TVs watching USF sports than anyone I know, but I also realize that no one "wants to suck" or wants to be embarrassed in front of folks that are supposed to have their back. 

I'm guessing most who make these comments haven't played sports and don't understand what players put into it and/or haven't had family/kids playing either.  Or they'd know just how dangerous it would be to make some of these comments in the presence of folks who are invested on a level more than you'd ever know.  I only have a son playing tball and already I can imagine what I'd do if I heard someone cutting him down let alone calling him garbage and it's not even close to as intense as it's going to get.  Sometimes showing class is more about one's own safety than looking good in a crowd...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Are we going to have the same disgusting conversations about basketball players that we do about football players?  A great day when Famous leaves?  What is the point of that?  Famous may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he was better than the options.  He plays offense well, needs to work on his defense.  It'd be great if we could bring in someone better.  But why wish him off the team? 

Why you guys feel the need to berate and insult young people that are learning how to become adults is beyond me.  If you want to insult a professional athlete or entertainer making millions, that's one thing.  Feel free to point out where a player needs to improve.  But the ridicule and insults are completely unnecessary.  Grow up, people.

Well stated Databull.  People lose site of the big picture that these guys are BULLS.  We are all on the same team.  Then again, some folks will cut their own flesh and blood to the bone to make themselves feel better so I'm not surprised.  There's a fine line between being a "fan" and being a "parasite".  Some need to take a step back and figure out really which one they are.  Put the coaches to the fire all day long, that's why they're paid fortunes for what they do.  But keep some perspective on the players.  Hey, trust me I've about threatened the lives of more TVs watching USF sports than anyone I know, but I also realize that no one "wants to suck" or wants to be embarrassed in front of folks that are supposed to have their back. 

I'm guessing most who make these comments haven't played sports and don't understand what players put into it and/or haven't had family/kids playing either.  Or they'd know just how dangerous it would be to make some of these comments in the presence of folks who are invested on a level more than you'd ever know.  I only have a son playing tball and already I can imagine what I'd do if I heard someone cutting him down let alone calling him garbage and it's not even close to as intense as it's going to get.  Sometimes showing class is more about one's own safety than looking good in a crowd...

Both of you guys can get the hell outta here with that. I'm talking about what happens on the court and on the 94ft hard playing surface where Famous is awful. There is nothing good about a 6-11 athletic center averaging less then a block per game when he is matched up against guys 3-6 inches shorter then him on most game nights. I have thought many days about this and I cannot recall a softer center then Famous.

Btw you want to know what kind of character Jerrid Famous has? Well why did he and one of the assistant coaches on the team have to be separated when the coach got on Famous about being soft and not committing to play defense? What do you guys think about Famous now? Doesn't sound like a guy that wants to make the team he plays on better to me. The guy is soft and when your middle is soft you get exposed and exploited by the opposing teams which is what happened to USF and a huge reason why they didn't do better then they could have. Give me Ajayi any day over "Baby wipes" Famous

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Vega, my comments were directed more generally toward the posters who only seem to rip players personally and seldom add anything else.  You eat, sleep and breath basketball and I actually look for your posts so don't take my post as directed at you personally.  If a player has an attitude or drug problem, I have no qualms about showing him the door.  I never blinked twice when they let a number of guys go in the past or even Ford recently, though I was disappointed.  Still, I didn't rake them over the coals 30 posts a day like some on here.  As for Famous, if he had to be separated from a coach, then geez, at least that's an IMPROVEMENT!  lol  Still may be hope for him.  If he can't be motivated, then replace him when you have someone who is an upgrade.  But until you do, you have to be careful not to contribute to growing an atmosphere that's "toxic" around the program which recruits can smell.  Let's face it, if recruits think they won't even get one year to "figure it out", there's plenty of places that will and that shrinks the recruiting pool.  As you know more than anyone, we have ZERO room for error in basketball.

Archived