• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-10 280 center Maurice Walker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

and I cannot recall a softer center then Famous.

I can, and he played for USF. Two words--Scott Johnson.  :)

haha or how about Federico Perruzo (sp?)  ;D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We have a history with soft centers.  If Famous can get his head on right, he can be very good for us next season.  I'm not worried about "softness".  I just want heart and hustle.  He is not a "strong" guy, compared to other centers.  What he does well, when he wants to, is run the floor and get rebounds.  That is his role.  He is never going to be Kentrell Gransberry, bullying everyone around, or gerrick morris or mcHugh mattis, blocking everything in sight.  He will be a senior and there is very little time for him to strengthen up to be a strong defender.  But he can give better effort and more consistent effort on that end of the floor.  If he does, (and also stops travelling every f'n time he gets the ball in the post), then he is a huge asset.  Yes... a couple of ifs ... but have faith that Stan and crew can coach the kid and get results out of him. 

I hope we find someone that is good enough to step right in and take away all famous' minutes, which might light a fire under his a$s.  But if not... i still think we are better off with him than without him until we have better options.

Pretty sad that they played on the same exact team.  Two centers, one of whom is 7'2, jacking up 3's left and right and running from the key.

• Content Count:  5,550

Peruzzo was like a praying mantis disguised as a USF basketball player.

Scotty J might be a good comparison, but I haven't seen enough of Famous to really know...from all the talk on here, it sounds like Famous might be softer.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

We have a history with soft centers.  If Famous can get his head on right, he can be very good for us next season.  I'm not worried about "softness".  I just want heart and hustle.  He is not a "strong" guy, compared to other centers.  What he does well, when he wants to, is run the floor and get rebounds.  That is his role.  He is never going to be Kentrell Gransberry, bullying everyone around, or gerrick morris or mcHugh mattis, blocking everything in sight.  He will be a senior and there is very little time for him to strengthen up to be a strong defender.  But he can give better effort and more consistent effort on that end of the floor.  If he does, (and also stops travelling every f'n time he gets the ball in the post), then he is a huge asset.   Yes... a couple of ifs ... but have faith that Stan and crew can coach the kid and get results out of him. 

I hope we find someone that is good enough to step right in and take away all famous' minutes, which might light a fire under his a$s.  But if not... i still think we are better off with him than without him until we have better options.

You've covered the 'best case' with Famous.  Worst case is DJ leaves and so does his dominant personality and then Famous more directly becomes a cancer to the team instead of just a side-show like he is now.

Anderson's emergence with Fitz, will make Famous forced to put up  or move on.

You may be right about the worst case... but we won't know until it happens.  So i'm holding out for the best case.

I can't wait to see Anderson hit the floor.  Now that kid is NOT soft!

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Are we going to have the same disgusting conversations about basketball players that we do about football players?  A great day when Famous leaves?  What is the point of that?  Famous may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he was better than the options.  He plays offense well, needs to work on his defense.  It'd be great if we could bring in someone better.  But why wish him off the team? 

Why you guys feel the need to berate and insult young people that are learning how to become adults is beyond me.  If you want to insult a professional athlete or entertainer making millions, that's one thing.  Feel free to point out where a player needs to improve.  But the ridicule and insults are completely unnecessary.  Grow up, people.

Well said.

:clap

Archived