• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-10 280 center Maurice Walker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

is recieving interest from 6 Big East schools that includes South Florida. Along with the Bulls, St John's, Georgetown, Marquette, Pittsburgh, and Seton Hall. Word is he plans on visiting all of them.

Walker is described as, “A mountain disguised as a man… is absolutely immovable inside the paint. He uses his size and strength to consistently wear down the opposition, banging on both ends and clogging lanes defensively.â€

Currently ranked No. 12 among centers for the Class of 2010 and No. 118 overall by Rivals.com, Walker is one of the most sought after big men in the country.

We do need a center in this class that can come in and help us next season. Depending on what happens after the basketball season we would only enter next season with Anderson, Gilchrist, Fitzpatrick, and Austin who needs to redshirt imo.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Looks good. Is this for the 2010 season? If so we still got Famous.

• Content Count:  1,055

Remember when we were asking would Famous be a one and done here at USF now we are asking is it anyway to get him another redshirt year so he and learn to play with the men in the Big east.    So maybe he left him off the list hoping we could red shirt him also

Looks good. Is this for the 2010 season? If so we still got Famous.

he is for the 2010 class

Remember when we were asking would Famous be a one and done here at USF now we are asking is it anyway to get him another redshirt year so he and learn to play with the men in the Big east.     So maybe he left him off the list hoping we could red shirt him also

Famous has a kid and I'm starting to hear that he is a little home sick or just not happy to be here. Also the coaches have been demanding Jerrid get tougher and play defense and he doesn't like the criticism. Now nothing is concrete yet but I would keep an eye on what he and Jones will do after the season. Jerrid is not the cancer Jones is, but he isn't happy with Tampa and the coaches getting on him about his soft play. If he leaves we won't miss him but we need to add a real center or big power forward.

According to Greg, Famous is saying he's coming back now. Not sure if that's good news though.

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

According to Greg, Famous is saying he's coming back now. Not sure if that's good news though.

IMO fantastic news. Famous has all the tools to be great for us next year! I think he can become a 14 points, 9 rebounds a game guy.

IMO fantastic news. Famous has all the tools to be great for us next year! I think he can become a 14 points, 9 rebounds a game guy.

And give up 28 points and 18 rebs. The guy does not want to become a great defender and any player that would have the nerve to get into it with his coaches because they demand some defense can get the hell out out of here as for as I'm concerned. He's a huge reason why we are not in the NCAAT. Athletic 6-11 and averaged less then a 1 block shot per game is pitiful.

• Content Count:  4,016

And give up 28 points and 18 rebs. The guy does not want to become a great defender and any player that would have the nerve to get into it with his coaches because they demand some defense can get the hell out out of here as for as I'm concerned. He's a huge reason why we are not in the NCAAT. Athletic 6-11 and averaged less then a 1 block shot per game is pitiful.

Agreed Vega...the problem is our early signing period was so pitiful the staff really has no choice but to stick with him for a year.  Austin isnt going to be effective next year...Anderson's too small for center in the BE, and Gilchrist can play there but then we're back to 2009 playing him where he's not his most effective and where he suddenly becomes just an average big man.

• Content Count:  4,016

man vega I stand corrected...tonight Famous played so pitifully, and so lethargic if he wants to go then I say let him.  How does a 6-11/7ft dude let a 6-8 PF like Smith back him up like that and score on him.  He played so soft and passive it was ridiculous, even his fouls were weak, not at least blocking the shots and getting his money's worth.  Also where's his rebounding prowess too.  We were a better team tonight when Fitz was on the floor despite having less offensive skills then Famous.  I know Famous had 4 fouls but his absence in the last 5 minutes sent a message.  Fitz got the 5th foul against Smith and his weak attempt to back him down....Famous would have just given ground.  That foul gave us a chance to win the game.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We really need this kid.

Archived