• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like JPP could have used one more year with a DI weightlifting program

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

And why do you have to be such an *******.

Oh, the sweet irony ....   :D

zing!

Please whatever you do dont bring up Ford not being on the team anymore or Flipper boy may back up his ball and go home.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

now take into consideration that he never had a full year with a DI S&C coach but dang I heard he only did 19 reps @ 225 on the bench. Come on son

Doesn't look like its hurting him one bit in the combine

never said it was just that maybe a full year with a DI S&C would have helped. I think we can all agree that 19 reps is low for a DE. We can all see that his is a freak and just think if he had some serious weight training not a JUCO S&C coach but a top notch one. Remember he did not get into camp early enough to work out with the team during the summer.

Yeah this is why i think he needs to go to a team that has a good Vet that can tutor him and so he can build up his strength.   If you think about it he hasn't had a lot of time in a good strength program.  The JC he went to is good but a juco strength training program is never going to be top quality, he then has to take a good course load over the summer to get to USF so that limited his ability to work out, gets to USF in the fall and has to adjust to camp and play the season so you won't have the same intensity for in season workouts as off season so he didn't have that, and he's really only had since the bowl game to get some true good work in.  He's strength wise not ready to be an every down DE at the next level yet, the OT's technique is just too good and they will all be bigger than him.  Going out there and getting thrown to the wolves and physically and mentally beat down at the next level is not good for a prospect like him.  You never know how a kid will react when just being one of the best athletes on the field doesn't guarantee success.    

JPP is a physical freak and the combine is a place for a player with his physical abilities. The film room is where the negatives lie with this kind of prospect but technique can always been improved upon.  A player like JPP is always better when they go to a team where they can be just a situational guy at first and have a good veteran DE To learn from. He's a kid you want to have a couple of years to get his upper body strength improved, coach up his technique, and most of all just get him snaps and experience without throwing him to the wolves figuratively. Hes a kid with an unlimited ceiling but he may not explode on to the scene do to his limited upper body strength and being so raw. You also have to remember that JPP is not going to fit as a 3-4 OLB so you can cross those teams off the list (KC, Cle, Buffalo etc).  I see him as a mid first round  guy just because he doesn't strike me *** a "can't miss" DE prospect.  If he's properly developed look out he could be a very good player for a very long time.  

That's what I'm saying if your a top 10 your ass better start and I still think JPP is raw. Personally I think he may have been better off in the long run but then no one is waving a boat load of money in front of me and oh yeah this little thing called and uncapped year

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I hit 225 for 15 reps my sophomore year at USF when we were rep maxing out. I wish I was making a tenth of what he will get paid the day he signs his initial contract.

now take into consideration that he never had a full year with a DI S&C coach but dang I heard he only did 19 reps @ 225 on the bench. Come on son

Doesn't look like its hurting him one bit in the combine

never said it was just that maybe a full year with a DI S&C would have helped. I think we can all agree that 19 reps is low for a DE. We can all see that his is a freak and just think if he had some serious weight training not a JUCO S&C coach but a top notch one. Remember he did not get into camp early enough to work out with the team during the summer.

Yeah this is why i think he needs to go to a team that has a good Vet that can tutor him and so he can build up his strength.   If you think about it he hasn't had a lot of time in a good strength program.  The JC he went to is good but a juco strength training program is never going to be top quality, he then has to take a good course load over the summer to get to USF so that limited his ability to work out, gets to USF in the fall and has to adjust to camp and play the season so you won't have the same intensity for in season workouts as off season so he didn't have that, and he's really only had since the bowl game to get some true good work in.  He's strength wise not ready to be an every down DE at the next level yet, the OT's technique is just too good and they will all be bigger than him.  Going out there and getting thrown to the wolves and physically and mentally beat down at the next level is not good for a prospect like him.  You never know how a kid will react when just being one of the best athletes on the field doesn't guarantee success.    

example Gaines Adams

• Content Count:  4,738

the guy is about to be a top 10 pick and make more the day he signs his first contract then you will in your lifetime. son.

he wont make more money in my life than the day he signs that deal

• Content Count:  578

Having Brian Billick praise you that much on the NFL network is the highest regards you can get. A Super Bowl winning coach known for having top 5 defenses.  :o Doesn't hurt to get a little love from Steve Mariucci, Michael Lombardi, and Jamie Dukes. Around the Internet he's getting rave reviews from people on Scouts Inc., Sporting News, Sports Illustrated and ESPN about his performance at the combine.

• Content Count:  1,238

the guy is about to be a top 10 pick and make more the day he signs his first contract then you will in your lifetime. son.

ouch you hurt me with that one that was a good one. No really that really hurt. I mean what will i do with my life now that you said that to me.

He's not a top ten pick first round yes top ten no but Adams went in the top ten so maybe.

He is a top 10 pick, maybe top 5..... And why do you have to be such an *******. The kid is about to live his dream and you are belittling him. The kid is giving our program alot of press. Stop being such a hater.

seriously, no one would turn down the opportunity jpp has in front of him, and him getting drafted in the top 10 will do more for our program than him coming back for another year and his stock dropping, having great pros is the best way to get big time recruits

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the fact of the matter is that he has a massive wingspan...

it is much harder for guys with long arms to put up a ton of reps because they have to push a lot further....

Archived